Southwest Airlines Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 17, 2018

2.8

50 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in October 2017.

Interview

I was accepted to move onto the essay portion of the interview process. I was given little instructions (which I know is on purpose) but after that I never heard back, not even a no. It was extremely frustrating to know that they have a long process and have zero updates ever.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I originally applied for the summer 2017 internship and was notified that I did not get it. Four months later I was contacted by a campus recruiter asking for my resume and updated portfolio and if I was interested in the same internship but for the fall. Fours hours after I sent her this, the recruiter asked if I want to do a phone interview and at the end of my phone interview asked me to come down to Dallas for an in person interview. I was interviewed by the campus recruiter and three other individuals from the department I was applying for. They asked basic behavioral questions and had me walk the through my portfolio. Four hours after my interview they called to offer me the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview followed by in-person interview. Turned in Why Southwest Essay and Rec letters at the interview. Phone interview was just with the recruiter. In-person interview had the same recruiter and the addition of the hiring managers for the team with the position. Applied in October. Interviewed in February. Got the offer at the beginning of March. Started in May.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Process took 5+ months. Was first asked to complete a phone interview with a recruiter. Lasted about 45 minutes. Essentially, it was a get to know you interview and asked why you want to intern here and why you would be a good fit. If this interview goes well, you will then be invited to a F2F interview in Dallas (HDQ). This interview was roughly a half hour of questions and chatting. They will fly you down and back and potentially put you up in a hotel depending on your departure city and availability.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The whole process spanned sometime from November - February but they were very responsive with contact. The interviews themselves were very conversational and the coordinators/recruiters make sure that you are comfortable! Honestly a very seamless and easy process that helps you be yourself.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Asked a lot of questions about resume.   Answer Question

Application

Interview

I submitted my application in October. I was contacted to set up a phone interview in January, and then I had an in-person interview in Dallas in February. Everybody I interacted with throughout the process was very friendly and the interviews were formal, yet conversational.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

There were a total of two interviews. One phone screening with the Campus Reach recruiter that lasted about 30 mins. A few weeks later Southwest flew me out fora face to face interview with the recruiter and the entire department/team.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2017.

Interview

Submitted application online for two different Summer internship experiences. Received emails that I was still in the running for the position. Was asked for a link to my portfolio website/a PDF version to be reviewed. Received phone call to setup phone interview time. At the end of phone interview, was invited down to HQ in Dallas for an in-person interview with the team.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and didn't hear back for at least a month
    Had multiple phone interviews with different recruiters and managers and felt like I had the same conversation with each of them
    Came in for an in person interview (they will fly you in if you don't live in dallas already) and it was very conversational and casual
    Got a call back a week later and accepted

Interview Questions

• What classes have you taken in college that best prepare you for this internship   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and then got a call for a phone interview schedule.
    Scheduled the phone interview and did the phone interview after 3 days.
    They called me back 2 weeks later and asked me what fits my schedule during a 2-3 day period and flew me down to Dallas as per my request. Had to stay overnight for a morning interview. I got to know later on that they interviewed 4-5 people and finally selected 2 of us (Yes I got selected, Yay!).
    There will typically be 2-3 people in the interview and the interview lasts 25-35 minutes typically.