Southwest Airlines Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Intern Interview Questions

Updated Feb 16, 2017

2.8

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Flew me out to HQ, interviewed with 12 managers/directors at once, gave me a tour, met with other interns and was given an offer over the phone after a few weeks.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

It was an easy task to apply for jobs on their website since they have many postings periodically. But since there is heavy competition for their jobs, it gets difficult to find the job the time you want it. I applied for Spring, Summer and Fall and I ended up getting one in Fall

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very comfortable. They truly want to get to know you to see if you are a good fit for the Southwest company culture. They ask basic questions during the phone interview then the next interview is in a group setting and the questions are a bit more personal.

Interview Questions

• How do you take criticism? How did you deal with it and what did you do to improve the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Start with the phone interview and wait for about 3 weeks and got an interview invitation. The people are all nice and friendly! They asked basic questions like what did you do and what is your personal goal. Not that difficult but I did not well prepared, so I didn't get the offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest Airlines? What did you do and why you do that? Also, asking about your personal goal, what is your favorite class, and so on   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

One phone interview, one in person interview with a member of the Campus Reach team and a hiring manager from your department. Fairly easy process, it's all behavioral questions that help the recruiters get to know you as a person.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

During the interview, the staff was very friendly and helpful which made it more relaxing. There was a phone interview that asked basic screening questions. After that, there was an email for a interview in person. They set up a flight for you to get to Dallas, TX.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Initial application, followed by a couple of phone screens, then an in person interview at HQ in Dallas. This was spread out from October to March, definitely a long process. The interviewers were all very friendly and helpful, and provided great feedback even if they didn't give an offer. My only complaint would be the time that the process took. There were long delays at some stages.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied via the website in November, and received a phone call in February. I had a phone screening and then a phone interview in February and was flown in to Dallas for a face to face interview in March. I was offered the position a week later. Overall, the interviewing process was great.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process was long but straightforward. Once you speak to a recruiter and go through a phone interview, if they are interested they will fly you to Dallas to meet you in person. Usually, interviews are in a small room with a recruiter and hiring manager(s). Overall very conversational, they are a laid back company and try to convey that image from the moment you walk into the building.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position?
      Why Southwest?
      1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

There was phone interview and a group interview if you did well on the phone interview. It wasn't a difficult interview if you came prepared. The interviewers were extremely friendly and attentive to what I had to share with them. It is a great representation of the wider company.