Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

It's been a long process, just be yourself and have patience. The interviews have been very pleasant and professional, really just answer honestly and be yourself. Reading the Glassdoor comments have been helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Interview process was quite easy and relatively casual since there were no technical questions and the hr and the other team members make you feel at ease. They primarily go over your CV.

Interview Questions

• Experience using multiple tools and the ability to learn and utilize new tools   Answer Question

Service Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Pro: Flexible and accommodating in bringing you onsite
    Con: Long wait in between sessions, repeated same interviews in person that were done on phone. After phone interviews with the same people had "gone well", they had me spend $1k+ out of pocket to fly there in person from overseas, then proceeded to tell me that they weren't comfortable with my level of experience in a particular product. That product experience had been discussed on the phone, so that was either not really the reason or they just wasted my money and a couple weeks of my time.

Then, rather than telling me they had passed, I found out when ANOTHER southwest recruiter contacted me for the same job position. Not a very professional experience overall, let a feeling of wasting my time and not being up front the first time around.

Interview Questions

• questions were "go up to the board and draw this service"...which was pretty basic. then they dive into version-specific features despite stating in the earlier stages that they weren't as particular on the technical minutia.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview about 3 weeks ago and after the phone interview I got a call the following day saying I made it to the next step and someone would be in touch with me to schedule a face-to-face interview in approximately two to three weeks. I just did my face to face interview today. After signing in I was fingerprinted went in for a group session telling about the company and then we went back out into the waiting area where I conversed with the other applicants of while we waited to be called in for our interview. I was the first to be called in from our group. I was interviewed by two people was very pleasant they were both extremely professional very nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The interview lasted almost an hour and after that we stepped out and did the Practical portion where I had to step through an emergency exit door walk down an aisle simulating the airplane aisle and then sit in a jump seat and strap in after that I was finished and was told that I would hear something within 2 weeks.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was straightforward and to the point. I was asked a series of Yes/No questions and was given a general overview of the position and what the position entails.

Operations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and after two days received an email to complete a long application form. Had to complete the online application by a pre-set and required due date. Also, got an email and voice message trying to set up an initial phone interview. The first phone call was less than one minute, just to set up an actual phone interview date/time. The second phone call began with a series of yes and no questions. They provide the salary upfront and want you to agree to it before any other interview questions are asked. The start salary was at $12/hour for the first 6 months and then salary would go up to $13/hour. I ended the process at this point since $12/hour is an extremely low salary!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions at this time in the interview process.   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

When I arrived (be early), there was a gentleman who greeted me. He was an Ops. Agent, and asked if I had any questions about this job. It was good to talk to him while I waited for the interview (I had a very short wait). There was not a room full of people waiting with me for interviews (that was nice).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to talk to a very overweight person who would have to buy a second seat because of their size and inability to fit into regular seating?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I'm going to describe the f2f. Southwest called me on a Sunday night and told me my interview was to be the following Thursday. Fortunately I had my suit, shoes and everything ready to go. I got there the night before so I'd be refreshed the next day. I got there are put my luggage on a storage closet as I was planning on going to DAL right after the interview. First thing I did was get fingerprinted. Then I greeted and spoke with all the other candidates. After a bit, the 4 interviewers called us into a conference room. There were were briefed about the job and company. After that each one of us were called in a separate room to be interviewed. I had 2 interviewers. One asked the questions while other observed. It was an intense interview that lasted almost an hour. After that I was asked to climb through this mock emergency door exit, walked through a row of chairs that simulated an aisle and sit in a jump seat and connect/disconnect a seat belt. Then that was it. I got th CJO by phone about a week later.

Technician Interview

Interview

Interview was short. Roughly a 30 minute phone interview. Sense then I have heard nothing back from the company. I have reached out to the HR rep however I have not heard back