Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Aircraft Maintenance Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

A week after applying you get a phone call from a recruiter asking you several questions they were given with specific answers referring to general aircraft maintenance

You then receive a call from the manager of the station you are applying to for more questions and a sense of your personality.

You then go in for a face to face interview with several managers and an HR representative. The environment is very relaxed and they want to know how well you can interact and fit in with the group.

Interview Questions

• Typical HR questions...what would you do...what if's   1 Answer

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Interview process begins with practical skills and knowledge tests. After passing, the interview is conducted by other aircraft mechanics. The interview is very friendly with an emphasis on getting to know you and your attitude (Southwest calls it "Warrior Spirit"). They want candidates that will bring their experience as well as a willingness to continue to learn and grow. I spoke with one of the interviewers after I was hired to ask a little more about what exactly they were looking for. They wanted an easy going person who was confident in their skills but without any cockiness.

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Questions

• They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

Continuous Improvement Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

This was a very organized, structured interview process. Was called by a senior internal recruiter. We hit it off and the questions were very broad. Then the next phone interview was with the lead off-site consulting manager, which was more technical specific. I then was asked to come in for a face to face interview with a structured 3-4 hour panel of management.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what SPC stands for and how do you look and test for it   1 Answer

Corporate Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Fairly easy: resume screening, phone interview, in-person interview (Dallas HQ). Each interview was about 30 minutes, with the recruiter being a part of both interviews. Simple questions were asked, nothing too complex, but it depends on your recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about sales?   1 Answer

Performance Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Fist round was a phone interview, about 20 mins, briefly went through my resume. Then on-site internview with 2 hiring managers and 1 hr. Was a good interview about 40 mins, not too hard. Some behavior questions.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Very chilled interview they want to assess your personality as well as your technical skills. Initially felt nervous but quickly grew comfortable because the interview was more conversation than anything. Prepare some examples that both highlight your strengths as well as your weaknesses as well. If you are more technical make sure you highlight your skillset as they want to see that you are comfortable talking about what you do. No off the cuff behavioral questions that aim to trick, it was a very straight forward interview.

Interview Questions

• What subject did you hate the most in school   1 Answer

Negotiation

Aim high

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Contacted me a week later to set up a phone interview. Invited me to fly out to HDQ in Dallas for in-person interview a week later. Interview consisted of two panel interviews. They want you to feel comfortable so they can see the real you. Not a high pressure setting. Got a call the following week with the offer.

Interview Questions

• Mostly focused around your resume and experiences with some behavioral questions thrown in.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not much negation and a strict deadline, but offer was fair.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

After being invited to Dallas for an on-site interview, I received all of my travel information. The travel required me to wake up at 3:30 am to catch a very early flight to Dallas. Two interviews one hour each with a building tour. Normal interview questions, very nice people. Only complaint I have is the lack of consideration they had towards my travel time. Noticed other candidates came the night before and had a good nights rest in their hotel rooms. Probably decided by the distance from Dallas.

Application

Interview

After applying online, I interviewed over the phone. Afterwards, I was flown out for an in-person interview and a tour of the HQ. At the HQ, I went through 2 rounds of interviews, a technical interview with IT staff and a more general interview with the HR staff. Each interview was with 2-3 people, so be sure to acknowledge each of them. The entire process took less than 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• They will ask you to describe your past work experience in detail. Think of instances in your jobs where you have been a leader, think of projects you've worked on, and what you've taken away from those experiences.   1 Answer