Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jul 4, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 1,390 of over 1,390.0 interviews

Employee Referral5%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Great experience amazing company. Please be yourself in interviews they will be able to pick through the fakes. They love fun loving folks who genuinely care for others. Again genuine being the key word

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you went above and beyond for customer?
    Answer Question
2 people found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied through an employee referral The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

The initial test was thorough, but nothing crazy. Mostly real-world knowledge questions, lots of TAF/METAR and a full list of acronyms. Fact based, not opinion type stuff. The interview was me + the director of training, one veteran dispatcher, and one HR person. Questions were a good mix of knowledge and theory, to get a better idea of how you think. Nothing goofy (what kind of animal would you be?). Mostly real-world types of questions. Seems like they wanted to see how you think on your feet. "Yes, there's the obvious answer, but what other options do you have?" They wanted to see that you were able to take operational control if needed, and stick by your guns if you have to. One SWA rule is to hire the right person, you can teach them the job. Attitude and personality are big factors. Be prepared, I walked out with ZERO feedback, not even a hint of how I interviewed or what they thought. Found out later that after I left, they said "we GOTTA have him!" but had no indications at all until they offered me the position a couple of weeks later.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a time you made an important decision that turned out in hindsight to be the wrong decision, and how you handled that?

What people are saying about Southwest Airlines

Join the conversation on

Recruiters

3m

a

Recruiter

If you had to make a quick decision: Would you rather work at Southwest Airlines as a Recruiter or Capital One? I heard Capital One pays more but I heard that the culture at Southwest is amazing & their Recruiters DON’T have metrics. What are your thoughts?

6 Comments

Join the conversation on

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

Did a phone interview, then an in person interview. It was not bad at all. After the in person interview I was called to take a drug test. After the results I got a call saying I was hired and they told me when the class would start.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to work at Southwest ?

Southwest Airlines

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines

Interview

One phone interview with HR, then a Virtual interview Zoom with Panel. No Pressure, friendly environment. They thought I was too technical. Interview may have been more of a personality fit.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in Jun 2022

Interview

Applied April 26,2022. May 25,2022 Was emailed the phone screening interview questionnaire as well as background check form. May 26, received invitation to come to the face to face interview. June 7, interview in Dallas 11am session be prepared to spend alot of time doing background information drug screening.. If selected.

Interview Questions
1 person found this interview helpful

Southwest Airlines

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in Jun 2022

Interview

Interview process was really easy. The first part of the interview was a phone screening to see if you are a good candidate for the position. They will ask about things written in job description and if you know about duty period regulations. Then they ask about a time that you went above and beyond, and other standard questions. Then at the end they will tell you if you move to the second part or not, which I was. I was told that I needed to go to HQ about a week later for the F2F interview. For the F2F interview, my interview was scheduled for 11:15 CST. When you get to HQ you will need to check in with security at the gate and then inside the building. You then proceed to the people’s department. They will call you to go and interview. They ask some questions like for example: who are you? why Southwest? why would you like this position? How do you see yourself if 5-10 years? and so on. Afterwards you ask your questions (MAKE SURE YOU DO) and that’s it. I was fortunate to be hired on the spot and gladly accepted. Afterwards you proceed to drug testing and fingerprinting and then you go home.

Interview Questions
  • Why Southwest Airlines? What do you want to learn in this position?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in Jun 2022

Interview

It was amazing and fast! Everyone was really great. Would definitely recommend applying for the company. The process was seamless for me and much shorter than I expected. If you want to get into the airline industry, I would highly suggest southwest. They definitely support your growth within the company.

Interview Questions
  • where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in Jun 2022

Interview

Applied online did a zoom interview. Interview was fun make sure you show your personality. Interviews made me feel comfortable. Got a email with a job offer like 15 minutes later

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in Jun 2022

Interview

I had an amazing interview process. It was one of the smoothest interviews I’ve ever had. I had an interview with three managers and it lasted an hour. They were considering me for multiple recruiter positions. After my interview it only took 48 hours to know I was offered the position. My interview felt like a conversation & like they really wanted to learn about me as a person and how I think vs metrics and numbers. I’m so excited to work for this amazing company. Everyone I spoke with during my interview was so kind , smiled the entire time , and really made me feel comfortable.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA)

Interview

Talk about specific work related experience for the position you're interviewing for. Make sure the experience is relevant. Don't talk previous experience that is not related to the position in question. If you do not have specific career related experience speak about prior experience that has helped you develop the specific knowledge and skills required for the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Tell Us about Yourself What Can You Tell Us about Southwest Airlines? Why Do You Want to Work for Us? What Is Your Greatest Strength? What Is Your Greatest Weakness? Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years? Where Do You See Yourself in Five Years? Why Did You Leave Your Last Job? What Questions Do You Have fo