Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied April 8th 2015, received my first phone interview 2 months later, it was very easy..mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes total. They contacted me 6 weeks later for my face to face interview..and it's tomorrow, so I will keep you updated..wish me luck! They also fly you to your interview, which some airlines don't do

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?
      Name an emergency situation you were in?
      12 Answers

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Summer 2017 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online in October and was contacted about my WhySouthwest essay in December. I made it to the phone interview round in February but didn't make it to the in-person round. Although I didn't get the job, I enjoyed my application experience as Southwest is a friendly, uplifting company.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

While I'm currently in the hiring process right now, it did not take long at all. I applied early in the morning one night (roughly 2am), and within 10 hours they called to schedule a phone interview the NEXT day. After the phone interview, they called back 30 minutes after and scheduled a f2f a week later. After the f2f interview which was 4 days ago, I was fingerprinted and asked to take a drug test (I assume this is good and I got the job because they were telling other people they would hear back from them in a few weeks where as for me they took me to the back and got me printed etc).

The interviews were very simple. As everyone pointed out, just be yourself. They're basic questions about your prior work history.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you go above and beyond to meet their expectations?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview at a prearranged time, to go over the position in more detail and to ask a few questions about southwest my application and my background. Very easy process, and I spoke with a very friendly and helpful person. Only lasted about 10 minutes, before being asked to come to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest
      are you capable of completing the required duties of the position
      Describe the required duties of the position
      1 Answer

Crew Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and a week later I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview took 20 minutes and if they were interested I would hear back from them within 2 weeks. 2 days later I get a call to come in for a person to person interview. Wish me luck!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a year or more. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The interview process has been ongoing since April 2015 when I initially applied online. Southwest sent out emails periodically saying my they were still interested in interviewing me but due to the number of applicants the process was taking a longer period of time. March 2016 they sent an email inquiring if I was still interested. June 2016 I was contacted for a phone interview which lasted 30 minutes and one week later I was contacted saying I had a face to face interview in Dallas.