Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, didn’t hear anything again (besides a few emails regarding the company) until July 2017. Received a call asking if I was still interested, in which I replied yes! About 2wks later on a Wednesday got an email to fill out background and etc. Same day received call to set up phone interview. Phone interview was the very next Tuesday. Phone interview went great, I felt very comfortable and was just myself. Some of the questions asked were helpful coming from here. The next day I got the call I would be moving onto the next step which was to be flown to Dallas for the f2f interview. It took about 2wks from then to set up my flight and interview time. I had my f2f interview on Monday 10/16. There was 7 of us and we chatted with each other, eased our nerves. We all went into a room to be briefed about the company and etc. Once that was done we were called in individually to interview. My interview lasted about 30min, again I was myself!

We were told it would be up to 2wks to hear something..today (8 days later, but who was counting lol) I got the call and accepted the job offer!! YAY!!

Good luck!

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Very pleasant experience, although I had to wait almost 3 months from the first call to the next one. The phone interview last about 30 minutes. Very nice, polite and professional lady.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something extraordinary that you did for someone at work.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

The interview process went by quicker than expected! I was referred by a current employee. The recruiter was nice enough to phone me an hour prior to the opening of the position to make sure I apply. I applied on 2/8. The following week I received an email to continue with the phone interview. On 2/20 my recruiter called for the phone interview which consisted of a background of your past jobs. He asked why SWA and if I knew the duties of a CSA. At the end of the call, he invited me for a f2f interview for 3/2. Very comfortable atmosphere, asked the usual STAR questions. On 3/4 I received an email I was offered the position and moving on with the drug test and background check. Overall it was a very quick and satisfying experience. Make sure you do your research of the company, be prepared, smile and be confident and relatable.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview about 3 weeks ago and after the phone interview I got a call the following day saying I made it to the next step and someone would be in touch with me to schedule a face-to-face interview in approximately two to three weeks. I just did my face to face interview today. After signing in I was fingerprinted went in for a group session telling about the company and then we went back out into the waiting area where I conversed with the other applicants of while we waited to be called in for our interview. I was the first to be called in from our group. I was interviewed by two people was very pleasant they were both extremely professional very nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The interview lasted almost an hour and after that we stepped out and did the Practical portion where I had to step through an emergency exit door walk down an aisle simulating the airplane aisle and then sit in a jump seat and strap in after that I was finished and was told that I would hear something within 2 weeks.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Have my phone interview tomorrow after waiting about three weeks after first speaking with recruiter. Before speaking with the recruiter it took a couple months after sending in my application to hear back from anyone.

Accounting Interview

Application

Interview

Applied online on the Southwest website. Contacted via phone by recruiter who asked behavioral questions. Was brought in to interview on site with team. Had to write a "Why Southwest" Essay that displays your personality

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

The entire experience for me was amazing!! I successfully made it past my phone and face to face interview. I applied for the position in 2016 or early 2017. I received a call in Nov. 2017 asking if still interested. A phone interview was set up for Feb. 2018. A couple days after phone interview I was invited to the face to face interview. My face to face interview took place in March. Nine potential candidates for this position including myself were being interviewed. We were sequestered into a meeting room and given information about the position and background about the company. You should go in knowing about the company so do your
    research. The atmosphere the flight attendants created in the room made me feel at ease. ( not so nervous) Afterwards back to the lobby we went. I met pilot candidates and of course other flight attendant candidates.

The interview itself was about 40 minutes. The interviewers made me feel at ease. They were great. I received a phone call a week later with a CJO. I was so grateful and humbled by the entire experience /offer. I'm excited to say the least. Research the company. Be yourself. Dress appropriately. ( this is a formal interview)

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Easy going follow-up call from a recruiter regarding my application. He asked if I am still interested in the flight attendant position and of course I answered yes! I applied in February and received a phone call early last week. My phone interview is today! Wish me luck!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Diego, CA) in April 2018.

Interview

I submitted my resume on 02/05/18 right after the crash. I thought it would take much longer then it did to get to the phone interview, but I was emailed March 27th, and was called on the 28th to set up a phone interview!! I was very excited :) The phone interview was set for the 4th of April, and yes I was very nervous, but did a lot of study which really helped calm my nerves. The recruiter was amazing young man, who made me feel at ease right away! As we were saying good bye he said it would be 2 to 4 days and I would receive an email letting me know if I was going to the F2F. But he said he needed me to fix a couple things on my application and he would call me back. Well he called me back and he decided that we had such a good interview that he was sending me straight to F2F!! I was over the moon happy!! Southwest is the best and really the most comfortable I've ever felt during an interview!

Interview Questions

• How did you handle an emergency situation (doesn't have to be work related).   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines.   1 Answer