Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

1. Featured Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, didn’t hear anything again (besides a few emails regarding the company) until July 2017. Received a call asking if I was still interested, in which I replied yes! About 2wks later on a Wednesday got an email to fill out background and etc. Same day received call to set up phone interview. Phone interview was the very next Tuesday. Phone interview went great, I felt very comfortable and was just myself. Some of the questions asked were helpful coming from here. The next day I got the call I would be moving onto the next step which was to be flown to Dallas for the f2f interview. It took about 2wks from then to set up my flight and interview time. I had my f2f interview on Monday 10/16. There was 7 of us and we chatted with each other, eased our nerves. We all went into a room to be briefed about the company and etc. Once that was done we were called in individually to interview. My interview lasted about 30min, again I was myself!

We were told it would be up to 2wks to hear something..today (8 days later, but who was counting lol) I got the call and accepted the job offer!! YAY!!

Good luck!

Provisioning Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

I applied online 8 hours after the job was posted in their website. I got a call a few days later to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty short but the interviewer was super friendly. The day after my phone interview, I got a call back to invite me to a face to face interview two week from the call. The face to face interview was really laid back, it was more of a conversation talking about myself and my previous experience and they asked a few questions to clarify. 5 days later, I got a call and an email saying that I got a contingent offer for the position. From that point, I took a drug test, had fingerprints done, and allowed SWA to do a background check on me. After all of those things were complete, they notified me and set up training dates! The whole process took about 2 months.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Very pleasant experience, although I had to wait almost 3 months from the first call to the next one. The phone interview last about 30 minutes. Very nice, polite and professional lady.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something extraordinary that you did for someone at work.   Answer Question

Southwest Airlines Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

I applied in August of 2016, got a phone in Sept of 2017 to see if I was still interested. Got a phone interview on Dec.26th at 4:45. Got a phone call on Dec. 27th for a face to face. Now I'm just awaiting information to proceed...

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

I had a phone interview about 3 weeks ago and after the phone interview I got a call the following day saying I made it to the next step and someone would be in touch with me to schedule a face-to-face interview in approximately two to three weeks. I just did my face to face interview today. After signing in I was fingerprinted went in for a group session telling about the company and then we went back out into the waiting area where I conversed with the other applicants of while we waited to be called in for our interview. I was the first to be called in from our group. I was interviewed by two people was very pleasant they were both extremely professional very nice and went out of their way to make me feel comfortable. The interview lasted almost an hour and after that we stepped out and did the Practical portion where I had to step through an emergency exit door walk down an aisle simulating the airplane aisle and then sit in a jump seat and strap in after that I was finished and was told that I would hear something within 2 weeks.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied online during open period and received confirmation of receipt and info on next steps. Received a request for a phone interview after about six months. Interview itself was strange - was a solo HR manager and they were very curt, which took me by surprise. Asked mostly basic customer service questions. I've conducted a lot of interviews myself and thought I did well but wasn't called to the next step. I prepped with a few SWA FA friends and they were all surprised as well. We wondered if it wasn't because I'm a man who voluntarily took a few years off to be a stay at home Dad (was the one time the interviewer seemed interested). My wife has worked in HR and she was surprised that HR would conduct any interviews solo.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied on line, was called for a phone screen, did an interview on line, submitted paper on why Southwest and references, flew to Dallas for the day, and was then interviewed by the team. I was interviewed by four individuals. The interview was short... about 30 minutes.
     The process was stressful, but they made me feel comfortable.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied for the fa position in 2016. A year later October 2017 was contact by someone over the phone if I was still interested in the position. Immediately said yes. And was advised to be on the lookout for an email scheduling my first interview. A month later was contacted about my first interview which would be over the phone. Was given a date and time they would be calling. After the phone interview was told I would be contacted again if I had passed. The next morning was told I had passed the first interview and next would be a face to face interview and it would be approximately 4 weeks till I’m contacted again about scheduling my face to face interview. 3 weeks later received a phone call and email about scheduling the interview. I will be flying out for my 2nd interview face to face that will be held mid January 2018!!! my advise is reading all the interviews questions on here to prep yourself. Be yourself and everyone has nerves because we all want this job to work for southwest, such an amazing company. Even though we are all nervous just try remain calm and give clear precise answers. Now I’m just prepping myself for my face to face interview in January 2018 !!!

Interview Questions

• What excites you about moving to another city   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

Pretty straight forward interview process overall. It took about 2 months total after I applied, but only 1 month of contact with the company. It starts out with a 30 minute phone interview with a Campus Reach recuiter, then if you move on they fly you to Dallas for the final interview. In my case, we did a second phone interview because I live in a rural area hours from the nearest Southwest hub. This was another 30 minute phone interview with the same recruiter, and a few senior members of the teams you would be working with. Everyone was super nice throughout the process.

My interviews consisted mostly of questions about my resume and my coursework.