Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

364 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Southwest has a lengthy application process, and after completing it expect to receive a generic "application denied" email. You could be 100% qualified and they won't even give you a face to face interview. I honestly don't know what SWA is looking for in an entry level customer service candidate because they won't provide me with any feedback.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied online on August 14, 2016...I received an email after Valentine's Day and after Memorial Day thanking me for my patience. I didn't hear anything again until October 25th when I received a phone call asking if I am still interested in the job. Of course, I am and the lady again thanked me for my patience and said I would receive an email from them in the next couple of weeks to let me know what the next steps are. I am patiently waiting and crossing my fingers, wondering if I am the very last candidate?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick and professional interview process. Did application, 2 weeks later phone interview, one week later face to face interview. Now just waiting to hear back to see if I get the job or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I recently had a mock interview with a current SWA employee for a class project, which required the employee to interview me as if I were actually applying for the position and provide me feedback at the end of the interview.

Expect a good amount of behavioral questions that will be asked regarding how you demonstrate teamwork and team leadership. Be sure to really do your company research and elaborate how you have prepared for this interview . Be sure to recall specific examples when answering the behavioral questions, preferably try to recall specific examples from recent internship/work experiences rather than later ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What're some of your favorite classes within your degree plan and why?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with different Microsoft Suite platforms? Proficient? Intermediate? Still learning?   Answer Question
    • What is it about the this particular position that interested you to apply?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team-oriented environment? What do you bring to the table that would really bring the overall team work goal? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you when you are not in a leadership role? How do you handle situations where you are being someone being delegated to?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle feedback?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What type of experiences or takeaways do you hope to get from an internship?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite internship experience? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What was/has been your most challenging class you’ve taken? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate your Fun-LUVing spirit? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied online and I received telephone interview within 3 weeks of applying. I received a phone call and did a pre-screening phone interview. Easy interview asking about prior work history and willingness to perform duties as described in job description.
    I then received an email to complete a long application form. My phone interview was less than 5 minutes. They provide the salary upfront. They start at $12/hour for the first 6 months and then salary would go up to $13/hour.

Costumer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I did the phone interview with the Recuter he made it seem like he was going to call but never did they are a waste of time. I have airport experience because I currently work for a subcontractor but they did want to hire people just waste people time.

Interview Questions

• Asked about the position and what I knew about the company?   1 Answer

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Company's career website.
    Process took a couple of week.
    Got an email regarding phone interview.

They called me 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time. The interviewer made me feel comfortable for first 10 minutes and then he started asking me questions mostly on my experience and skillset.

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied in August 2016 after interviewing for a different airline. I never heard anything back until October 2017. The recruiter called and asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, the recruiter then told me to keep an eye out for an email regarding a phone interview. On 11/12/17, I received an email from SWA recruiter to fill out a supplemental application with work history, references, and demographic info. I also set up a phone interview for Tuesday 11/20/17. I have not heard back from them via email or phone yet. I’m still waiting! So we shall see.

Cargo Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in late September. Recruiter called in mid-October and set up phone interview for a week later. Had the phone interview and got back to me within two weeks for an in-person interview. Flew up to Dallas to go through the face-to-face interview. The interview itself went really well...just make sure to ask questions and be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to customer service and making sure they are happy. I interviewed with a recruiter and inside sales representative. Both have laptops and are typing away the second you say something. Before the interview, they request two letters of recommendation, a Why Southwest? essay, and an unofficial transcript

Interview Questions

• What is something that your current employer would say that you are good at or not so good at? (Strength & Weakness)   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest/this role?   Answer Question
    • What is one aspect of your job you enjoy doing/not enjoy doing?   1 Answer
    • In your current role, describe who you are most influenced by that is in a leadership role.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Took over a month to be called back for HR screen. Then another month to talk to a solution architect. Was then brought to the HDQ to interview with a tech lead, their manager and technology manager.

onsite it became clear they were looking for a hands on team lead vs a senior engineer that will grow into a team lead so it felt like a bit of a waste of time. Also there seemed to be some issue going on that was distracting everyone and so I felt somewhat dismissed.

It was disappointing as I love Southwest as a customer.