Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 13, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job (which was listed as Flight Simulator Engineer) through LinkedIn. I received an email from a recruiter at Southwest the next day inviting me to formally apply on their careers website. I did this, and two days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. Southwest flew me to Dallas for the interview. The People Department at Southwest took a set of my fingerprints prior to the interview. I interviewed with two teams: one comprised of the flight simulation leadership team, and one comprised of the technical team. The entire interview lasted approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I made it passed the phone interview and then had my face to face. It was 2 interviewers. One was from HR and the other was a ramp supervisor. I thought I did very well. I was in there for over an hour so I think that is a good sign. If anyone knows if a long interview is good please let me know. They will tell me in 2-3 weeks if I will make it to the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview - it lasted around 30 minutes. He was looking for as much information as he could to pass on to the hiring manager. Kind and thoughtful and wanted the best outcome for all involved.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my background / experience and ways that it would fulfill the needs of the position.   1 Answer

Summer 2017 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online in October and was contacted about my WhySouthwest essay in December. I made it to the phone interview round in February but didn't make it to the in-person round. Although I didn't get the job, I enjoyed my application experience as Southwest is a friendly, uplifting company.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I filled out the application on-line and had a phone interview a week and a half later. My rep went over my application with me, asked questions about jobs, and simple questions like why do I want to work for southwest, where do I see myself in 3 to 5 years, what do I know about the job. He told me that they would be in contact with me by the end of the week If I got a phone call it meant they wanted to move forward and if I got an email it meant they were not interested. With in an hour I got an email that stated that they wanted to move forward and it gave me a face to face interview day and time. I had my interview three days later at the airport. In the face to face interview they repeated the questions as to why I want to work at Southwest and where I see myself in 3 to 5 years with the company. They explained how lines can be long customers can be grumpy and the job is stressful and how do I handle those types of situations. They also made a point to go over my past jobs being part time and even though this is a part-time position the hours are more full-time and to make sure I could handle full-time. I did not feel like I convinced them that I have no problem working full-time. I tried but she seemed hesitant to believe me. The interview was very laid-back and friendly. They said I would hear from them within the next four weeks but I noticed that they invited some people to stay and fill out paperwork so I don't expect an offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with an irate customer. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you had a problem with a coworker. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 3 to 5 years?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question