Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

804 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied in November of 2016, and was asked if I was still interested and to update my profile towards the end of July of 2017. I was called on August 11, 2017 to upload my entire work history from the last 5 years to my profile and to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview is August 17, 2017. Wish me luck!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I participated in the phone interview after about 10 months from applying online in August 2016. They asked mostly customer service related questions. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I'm going to describe the f2f. Southwest called me on a Sunday night and told me my interview was to be the following Thursday. Fortunately I had my suit, shoes and everything ready to go. I got there the night before so I'd be refreshed the next day. I got there are put my luggage on a storage closet as I was planning on going to DAL right after the interview. First thing I did was get fingerprinted. Then I greeted and spoke with all the other candidates. After a bit, the 4 interviewers called us into a conference room. There were were briefed about the job and company. After that each one of us were called in a separate room to be interviewed. I had 2 interviewers. One asked the questions while other observed. It was an intense interview that lasted almost an hour. After that I was asked to climb through this mock emergency door exit, walked through a row of chairs that simulated an aisle and sit in a jump seat and connect/disconnect a seat belt. Then that was it. I got th CJO by phone about a week later.

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online back in may 2017 I finally heard something back Aug. 2017. I had forgot i applied for this position. I received an email from a recruiter on 8/2 stating i will receive my phone interview between 8/3 -8/8. 8/4 was my over the phone interview which was straight to the point. The same day received an email for my F2F interview for 8/9. I arrived early at EWR 45 mins early & walked in 20 mins early. My interview was great with Carlos once again straight to the point. The next day 8/10 I received a call telling me that i impressed my interviewer and will be selected to move along in the hiring process. 8/11 I received an email from Sterling asking to verify my education. 8/14 received the same email from Sterling about my education. I also received another call from Chicago (MWD) telling me the same as before that SWA selected me to moved along in the hiring process & wanted to set up my Drug Test. An hour passed while i was studying my airport codes i received an email from the same lady about calling for my drug test. i went back to studying another hour goes by i received a call from a local number asking can she schedule me to come into the airport to do my paperwork & fingerprints. I am schedule to do so 8/15 at 7:30am . I called the drug test number i'm scheduled to take that 8/16 the place is an hour from my house. Now im back to studying WISH ME LUCK!!!

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had an employee that didn't see eye to eye with you   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by phone a year after I applied. I had a phone interview, and my interviewer was very friendly and understanding, which made it very easy to talk to her.

Interview Questions

• What is an emergency situation that you have experienced, and how did you take charge?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

F2F Interview went well. Awaiting a hopeful job offer. Been 2 weeks today. Job is showing under review. Very relaxed interview. I was told I would hear from them either way in 2 weeks.

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Orange, CA).

Interview

2 weeks prior to applying online I received an invite for a phone interview. I had an overall good experience, phone interview was relaxed and the questions were pretty answerable.

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD).

Interview

The interview itself was easy. I researched the company in advance. First was a phone interview then a in person interview. The longest part was waiting for the background check. Process to begin. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the email about the background check, which was done within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest?   1 Answer
    • What makes you think you are ready for this demanding position?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   2 Answers