Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 24, 2017

2.6

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied April 8th 2015, received my first phone interview 2 months later, it was very easy..mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes total. They contacted me 6 weeks later for my face to face interview..and it's tomorrow, so I will keep you updated..wish me luck! They also fly you to your interview, which some airlines don't do

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?
      Name an emergency situation you were in?
      12 Answers

Ramp Agent Part Time Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

The process of call back after i applied and interview took about 1 month. The telephone recruiter was VERY helpful and so was the recruiter fir the one on one interview. It was very intensive but not demanding or filled with pressure. Currently waiting for backgroind ck results.

Interview Questions

• Why do i want to work for SW   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

Interviewer went over benefits and the job description, then asked about why I left all previous jobs. Also asked about how many years of customer service experience I had. Now I'm waiting to hear if I got a F2F interview.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing you like about helping customers?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in April 2017.

Interview

It was a fairly short phone interview (20mins) and the recruiter asked a few questions. She also detailed the position duties, pay, and benefits. We reviewed requirements for the position as well.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

So learning experience, i went calm and prepared for my interview and demonstrate that i was the right candidate and i was passionate about customer service. They are son friendly and kind. The recruiter was so nice and friendly and first i pass the interview on the phone and then two weeks later i went to face to face interview and i pass and take the offer. So excited. They even huge me . Best airline you could work. They really care for you and feel comfortable.

maintenance operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview - basic questions, not technical, full of behavioural, just try to hear what HR person asks. answer for that question alone its so simple. be clear in telling everything that it is the most important thing in this interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I made it passed the phone interview and then had my face to face. It was 2 interviewers. One was from HR and the other was a ramp supervisor. I thought I did very well. I was in there for over an hour so I think that is a good sign. If anyone knows if a long interview is good please let me know. They will tell me in 2-3 weeks if I will make it to the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.