Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 22, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied August 2nd, 2016. Had a phone interview in October. Did a F@F December 1, 2016. I loved the experience but was given a "Thanks But No Thanks." I really thought i was prepared, but I was not. Everybody says , Be yourself" right. I did not think the actual interview process was that easy. There were a lot of questions that questions that were not on Glassdoor, and good for Southwest Airlines for being ahead of the question curve.

Interview Questions

• A family of 5 gets on a plane. There is a child wrapped in a blanket, two small children, ages 4 and 5 and the father and mother. Half way up in the air the mother screams out, "My baby is dead," what do you do?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very fast, probably 3 minutes. I think the white lady that does interviews for Southwest in Oakland, already judged me. She only asked me 2 questions, why Southwest and what makes u qualified for this job. I told her I have experience on the Ramp, and she says "oh I didn't really look at your application." So, I already knew I wasn't getting hired. She was also giving me dirty looks, like I was a thug or something, asking me do you think you're fit for this job. But, I talked to the other guy giving interviews and he was cool. Stay away from the White lady at the Southwest Oakland, Ca office.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest and what makes u qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Aircraft Mechanic Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

I submit my application online two months latter they call me and give me a phone interview then one week latter i went to the southwest headquarters to take a skills test after pass the test they fly me to the face to face interview , the interview was really hard because was infront 3 Sw maintenance managers and 1 HR guy

Interview Questions

• They ask me alot of technical cuestions about the 737 flap system and 717 landing gear   Answer Question

QA Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2011.

Interview

The interviewing panel was very casual yet professional. The questions were very specific to the job requirement/position.

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oakland, CA).

Interview

It's changed over the years. Basically you need to tell them situation, how you dealt with it and what was the outcome. Be sure to be friendly and do say anything off color.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you used humor to diffuse a difficult situation.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Very Relaxed. It is a long process, takes months between steps. They start with an online questionnaire, then an online application and work history. You then move to a Phone Interview followed by a face to face interview. The time between each step can be months. Stay patient and prepare by studying the company history and practicing typical interview questions.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a FA?   1 Answer

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

First you will receive a phone interview. Then if they would like to advance you in the interview process you will have a face to face interview. Make sure you answer each question in the face to face interview in STAR format (Situation, Task, Action, and Result). Prepare, search interview questions on glassdoor and have your answers thought out before hand.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you worked with a co-worker who was not doing their job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiation process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Colorado Springs, CO) in September 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was not great, it was later on a Friday and seemed distracted. She was hard to carry a conversation with, it seemed as if I had already failed before I started. I realize they are using a hired source to weed out candidates, but I'm not sure if it is helping or hindering their ability to find great candidates.

Interview Questions

• What are 3 words that describe you?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Felt like I was being judged from the moment I walked in. Interviewed by 2 female ramp agents who were trying to discourage me from working there. Talked down on my work experience. Told me that she didn't think I was cut out dmfir the job. Didn't tell me one good thing about the position or the job in general, all negatives.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online in August 2016, received a call to schedule phone interview a couple weeks after, was told approximately 2 weeks later I would be flown to Dallas for F2F the next week (September), interviewer called a week and a half later with invitation to training in either March or April of 2017.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Southwest, why did you choose us?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a conflict you had with a coworker and explain how you handled it?   Answer Question
    • Explain the difference between hospitality and customer service?   Answer Question