Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 15, 2017

2.6

352 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ramp Agent Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in January 2013.

Interview

I had a recruiter who wanted to talk to me. They sent me a message saying I was up for a phone interview with zero choice of time or date. Given they call from a different state- they had no respect for the fact that the area I was in had just experienced a major tornado and there wasn't power and phone lines that were functioning were minimal.

When the recruiter finally called, she asked me nothing about what would make me a good candidate for the position. All she seemed to be fixated on was how old I was-and why I only had an 8 year job history, not 10 (I would have been 14 ten years ago).

She ask me why I left me last job and I explained that my entire dept. had their positions eliminated. . . The interviewer then said "oh so you were fired for doing a bad job".... obviously, she had no clue what she what the difference between laid off and termination meant.

Analyst Interview

Interview

Call/Inperson interview

Senior Manager Advertising Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in July 2013.

Interview

Interviewer had decided that I was over qualified for the position

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

they let unexperienced supervisors do the interviews

Crew Tracker Interview

Interview

The hiring process was not good the job had already been filled when I interviewed for it. The interview was just given to me so that they could cover and say that they interviewed people.

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited to meet 1:1 in Chicago in early February. I do not live in Chicago so I had to rent a car to attend the interview (SW did not cover this expense). Everyone I met was very kind and I appreciated the time spent with me. When the in-person interview was completed I was informed that there were no concerns so next step would be to interview with the interviewer's boss. He said I would hear back at the end of February as he was going on vacation. By the beginning of March I had not heard anything so I sent a follow-up e-mail. I have yet to receive a response. I have no issue with the fact that they did not move me forward in the process. However, I felt it rude not responding to my e-mail. A short response would have made me feel that the company valued the hours and money I spent investing in them. I think that Southwest should consider spending time evaluating and improving the candidate experience. It would be concerning for me if the Recruiting Organization itself does not value this important piece of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any concerns with the amount of travel required?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

Start with the phone interview and wait for about 3 weeks and got an interview invitation. The people are all nice and friendly! They asked basic questions like what did you do and what is your personal goal. Not that difficult but I did not well prepared, so I didn't get the offer from them.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest Airlines? What did you do and why you do that? Also, asking about your personal goal, what is your favorite class, and so on   Answer Question