Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

366 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in December 2017.

Interview

I apply on line October 2017 , I received a email in December for a phone interview I had the phone interview in December two days later I received a email the I wasn't selected to move forward in the hiring process good luck

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied online during open period and received confirmation of receipt and info on next steps. Received a request for a phone interview after about six months. Interview itself was strange - was a solo HR manager and they were very curt, which took me by surprise. Asked mostly basic customer service questions. I've conducted a lot of interviews myself and thought I did well but wasn't called to the next step. I prepped with a few SWA FA friends and they were all surprised as well. We wondered if it wasn't because I'm a man who voluntarily took a few years off to be a stay at home Dad (was the one time the interviewer seemed interested). My wife has worked in HR and she was surprised that HR would conduct any interviews solo.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online. They called a year later for a phone interview. I passed the phone interview. They flew me to Dallas to interview in person. Their corporate headquarters was very very clean. I liked that. They also gave us free coffee and peanuts and wheat thins packages. I also liked that. Very thoughtful of Southwest. But the interview was not good. I didn't like the interview process. I was interviewed by 2 flight attendants. They didn't hire me. I don't think flight attendants are qualified to hire employees. Southwest should change their hiring process. They fly you back home, then make you wait 2 weeks to see if you're hired or not. They sent me a denial email. Their loss.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in December 2017.

Interview

Southwest has a lengthy application process, and after completing it expect to receive a generic "application denied" email. You could be 100% qualified and they won't even give you a face to face interview. I honestly don't know what SWA is looking for in an entry level customer service candidate because they won't provide me with any feedback.

Cargo Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied in late September. Recruiter called in mid-October and set up phone interview for a week later. Had the phone interview and got back to me within two weeks for an in-person interview. Flew up to Dallas to go through the face-to-face interview. The interview itself went really well...just make sure to ask questions and be prepared to talk about yourself and how you can contribute to customer service and making sure they are happy. I interviewed with a recruiter and inside sales representative. Both have laptops and are typing away the second you say something. Before the interview, they request two letters of recommendation, a Why Southwest? essay, and an unofficial transcript

Interview Questions

• What is something that your current employer would say that you are good at or not so good at? (Strength & Weakness)   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest/this role?   Answer Question
    • What is one aspect of your job you enjoy doing/not enjoy doing?   1 Answer
    • In your current role, describe who you are most influenced by that is in a leadership role.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Reno, NV) in November 2017.

Interview

I applied in August 2016 after interviewing for a different airline. I never heard anything back until October 2017. The recruiter called and asked me if I was still interested in the job. I said yes, the recruiter then told me to keep an eye out for an email regarding a phone interview. On 11/12/17, I received an email from SWA recruiter to fill out a supplemental application with work history, references, and demographic info. I also set up a phone interview for Tuesday 11/20/17. I have not heard back from them via email or phone yet. I’m still waiting! So we shall see.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Company's career website.
    Process took a couple of week.
    Got an email regarding phone interview.

They called me 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time. The interviewer made me feel comfortable for first 10 minutes and then he started asking me questions mostly on my experience and skillset.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick and professional interview process. Did application, 2 weeks later phone interview, one week later face to face interview. Now just waiting to hear back to see if I get the job or not.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I recently had a mock interview with a current SWA employee for a class project, which required the employee to interview me as if I were actually applying for the position and provide me feedback at the end of the interview.

Expect a good amount of behavioral questions that will be asked regarding how you demonstrate teamwork and team leadership. Be sure to really do your company research and elaborate how you have prepared for this interview . Be sure to recall specific examples when answering the behavioral questions, preferably try to recall specific examples from recent internship/work experiences rather than later ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What're some of your favorite classes within your degree plan and why?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with different Microsoft Suite platforms? Proficient? Intermediate? Still learning?   Answer Question
    • What is it about the this particular position that interested you to apply?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team-oriented environment? What do you bring to the table that would really bring the overall team work goal? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you when you are not in a leadership role? How do you handle situations where you are being someone being delegated to?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle feedback?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What type of experiences or takeaways do you hope to get from an internship?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite internship experience? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What was/has been your most challenging class you’ve taken? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate your Fun-LUVing spirit? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied online on August 14, 2016...I received an email after Valentine's Day and after Memorial Day thanking me for my patience. I didn't hear anything again until October 25th when I received a phone call asking if I am still interested in the job. Of course, I am and the lady again thanked me for my patience and said I would receive an email from them in the next couple of weeks to let me know what the next steps are. I am patiently waiting and crossing my fingers, wondering if I am the very last candidate?