Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job (which was listed as Flight Simulator Engineer) through LinkedIn. I received an email from a recruiter at Southwest the next day inviting me to formally apply on their careers website. I did this, and two days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. Southwest flew me to Dallas for the interview. The People Department at Southwest took a set of my fingerprints prior to the interview. I interviewed with two teams: one comprised of the flight simulation leadership team, and one comprised of the technical team. The entire interview lasted approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   1 Answer

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview - it lasted around 30 minutes. He was looking for as much information as he could to pass on to the hiring manager. Kind and thoughtful and wanted the best outcome for all involved.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my background / experience and ways that it would fulfill the needs of the position.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied via internet about 2 months ago and got an email to fill out employee history about 2 weeks ago. Iafter i filled out the employee history, i got a phone interview. I then advanced to getting a f2f interview which is tomorrow.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I made it passed the phone interview and then had my face to face. It was 2 interviewers. One was from HR and the other was a ramp supervisor. I thought I did very well. I was in there for over an hour so I think that is a good sign. If anyone knows if a long interview is good please let me know. They will tell me in 2-3 weeks if I will make it to the next step

Political Communications Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received an email saying I would was scheduled for a phone interview. After a week I was flown out to Dallas, Texas for in person interview.

Interview Questions

• What's your experience with Excel?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Was interview with two people for the ramp position. They told me the job was very hard and you had to work in any type of weather condition. You had to be able to lift 50 pound and over. May work overtime when needed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for this company. Have you ever work for a airline before?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call from recruiter and was scheduled for a phone interview. The interview was more of a resume walkover and sharing information on both ends. Recruiter spent some initial minutes in describing the role. Later on the recruiter asked my experience in various projects and roles. Rejected because I wasn't passionate enough to answer why you want to join Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Be very passionate while answering why you want to join Southwest.   Answer Question