Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

873 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

1. Featured Interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied online. They contacted me 2 weeks later and scheduled a phone interview. Then, I went to their office for a in person interview. Once that was done, the background check followed including the employment verification, criminal background check and a drug test.

Software Engineer(Internship) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Applied online on Company's career website.
    Process took a couple of week.
    Got an email regarding phone interview.

They called me 15 minutes ahead of scheduled time. The interviewer made me feel comfortable for first 10 minutes and then he started asking me questions mostly on my experience and skillset.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick and professional interview process. Did application, 2 weeks later phone interview, one week later face to face interview. Now just waiting to hear back to see if I get the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very nerve wrecking yet amazing. It took a year, however, it was worth it. They make you feel so comfortable to the point where you forget it’s an interview

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied about 10 days ago but never heard from them. I got a confirmation email I had successfully applied immediately after hitting the send button on the on line application.

What’s so interesting is I had set up alerts to hear about the position, and got none. Thankfully I had decided to check their site again, only to find it had posted three days prior. AFTER I applied, I got the alert.
    THEN, I got a few alerts without the CSA agent. I went to the site again, and sure enough it had been taken down, leaving me to assume they closed the opportunity and agent taking applications. Still, I never heard anything. BUT THEN, now more than a week later I get an alert from them saying the position is open again and they are accepting applications. So I am confused, but remain hopeful. I know many want to work for SWA and it’s not unusual I’m told for them to interview 100 people for 1 position. I will do s follow up in a week to let you know if I ever heard anything either way. Has this been anyone else’s experience who then has gotten an interview?

Interview Questions

• I can’t submit a question obviously at this time. However, Glassdoor requires input within 12 days to continue to have access, and this is all I have to offer.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I recently had a mock interview with a current SWA employee for a class project, which required the employee to interview me as if I were actually applying for the position and provide me feedback at the end of the interview.

Expect a good amount of behavioral questions that will be asked regarding how you demonstrate teamwork and team leadership. Be sure to really do your company research and elaborate how you have prepared for this interview . Be sure to recall specific examples when answering the behavioral questions, preferably try to recall specific examples from recent internship/work experiences rather than later ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What're some of your favorite classes within your degree plan and why?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with different Microsoft Suite platforms? Proficient? Intermediate? Still learning?   Answer Question
    • What is it about the this particular position that interested you to apply?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team-oriented environment? What do you bring to the table that would really bring the overall team work goal? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you when you are not in a leadership role? How do you handle situations where you are being someone being delegated to?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle feedback?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What type of experiences or takeaways do you hope to get from an internship?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite internship experience? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What was/has been your most challenging class you’ve taken? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate your Fun-LUVing spirit? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting your application and it has been accepted you will receive a phone call asking for a phone interview if you pass the phone interview then you will get another email or phone call requesting a face-to-face interview .

Interview Questions

• The type of questions asked are questions that any company willing to hire would ask   Answer Question
    • The position I was applying for a was for customer service so the questions were geared around customer service questions   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

After submitting my application the end of August, I received a phone call the beginning of October informing me that I have been chosen to move on to the next step in the application process which is a phone interview. It was just two weeks after the phone interview that I was invited down to the Headquarters in Dallas for an in-person interview. There were about 12 people in the room - about one person from each flight operations sectors (i.e. pilot hiring, EFB, pilot training, procedures, etc.). It was rather intimidating, but only my recruiter asked me the questions whereas the others present were there to critique and explain more about what their sector does in the flight operations department. Overall, went very quickly - just about an hour long.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied back in 08/2016 didn’t hear back until 10/2017 where they asked if I was still interested. I said yes and was then told it would be 1-8 weeks for a call to schedule a phone interview, I heard back approximately 5 weeks later with a date for a couple weeks out for a phone interview. The phone interview recruiter was very nice and the questions asked were questions I had found on Glassdoor, as well as basic yes no questions about the job. After the phone interview I was told that I would hear back within 2-5 business days, I ended up receiving a call that same day with an invite for a F2F interview! I was told I would be contacted within a few weeks for a date to fly to Dallas, wish me luck!

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went very well. Called back for f2f tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed! I know this is just the beginning of the process but I couldn't be happier to have the opportunity to work for this outstanding company!

Interview Questions

• What do you think the duties of a flight attendant are?   1 Answer