Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

After receiving email for telephone interview...so excited! I had the telephone interview and it went well...so I thought. Appointment was made for 1X1 interview approximately 2 weeks later. Went for 1x1 interview & thought it also went well until I received email 6 days later....4 business days...saying I had not been selected for position. Very disappointing! Will continue to try.....really believe I would be great at this position and I really believe that my values go well with SWA values of providing Exceptional customer service and going the extra mile!

Interview Questions

• What do you dislike most about your current job?   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Group setting phone call interview to begin with. Once you passed the phone interview invited to a group interview. Group interview you are asked additional questions went to in Phoenix az. Not hired

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an angry customer.   2 Answers

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy and quick !!! They ask you basic questions about customer Service and working in call center . They gave us a tour then we went into a room to wait for our name to be called for interview ! Once that's done they took my to the next step and did paperwork and finger prints .

CSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Midland, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Midland, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

The process was long, I wish there was a way for SWA to realize or see how dedicated many of us are compared to some that could of accidentally found the job and got luck. I've followed the company fore some years waiting for the opportunity. I had applied and interviewed for a couple of positions BEFORE receiving the so long waited alert for an opening. Once I landed the phone interview I put SWA as my priority and declined 2 offers that would give me more money, M-F 8-5 positions to be able and have the opportunity and experience working for such a great company. I thought the phone interview went great but the personal interview was a lot less and very short when you compare it to others on here and blogs I follow on Indeed. Regardless I do believe I will try again if the opportunity comes up I would like to know what cut me immediately since my background authorization papers I was told to bring we're not even asked for and working so many years in the customer service field has taught me a lot about behavior and body language and I know that halfway the short interview something changed. While waiting for the rejection email I accepted an offer I had been close to refusing and sure enough I got that email and the first thing I did was call to accept the job.
    Anyone else interviewing keep in mind that they are looking for a certain type of employees and if you don't fit the mold just keep trying and trying cause I know I will. Hopefully by next time a different peoples person interviews me like 98% of the hired ones claim to have had there interviews

Culture Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Easygoing! Very conversation like. There was a phone interview and then I was asked to come to headquarters for an in person interview. They flew me in and the interview was very personable.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well, they asked you some yes or no questions about the position you are applying for such as are you willing to work anytime that needed and others along that line. Then they go into asking you questions about that go in a bit more depth and finally asks about your previous employment and why you are no longer with those companies. They go back years. or until your 18 which ever is the shortest time. You go thru the phone interview first. It lasts about to minutes. At the end of the interview I was told they are wanting to go ahead to the next level. I was offered the face to face interview before we hung up. I do this on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What do you like or dislike about your job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Southwest?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you have a difficult passenger and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was silky smooth, he was a veteran just like I was ... he really made the interview process comfortable, I wanted to jump out the room when I was informed that I would be moving on to the hiring process , did my fingerprints, got my background check started which will be a breeze because I have no record , and I take my urine test tomorrow... Be yourself , be motivated to be a part of the SWA family and remember, have a warriors spirit , servants heart and a fun luving attitude ... u you need it to be successful at it , I can't wait to get started

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call months after applied not realizing it was my 1st interview. We chatted for about 20 minutes and she invited me in for a f2f interview. The f2f interview was short and sweet and a week later they told me they want to move forward with hiring me

Interview Questions

• What's your availability look like   1 Answer
    • When is a time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first informed in August that I was moving through the hiring process. I applied online. Didn't hear back until July. Interviewed over the phone, then got a call that week that I'd be flown out to Dallas. I'm in Dallas now, so we will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Is the pay okay? Are you okay with a non traditional schedule?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of flight attendants?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a breeze. I was then offered a face to face interview for the following week. They asked basic questions like why southwest and why should we hire you. I go in for my interview tomorrow wish me luck!