Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

796 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK) in July 2017.

Interview

Interview was very easy and quick !!! They ask you basic questions about customer Service and working in call center . They gave us a tour then we went into a room to wait for our name to be called for interview ! Once that's done they took my to the next step and did paperwork and finger prints .

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call months after applied not realizing it was my 1st interview. We chatted for about 20 minutes and she invited me in for a f2f interview. The f2f interview was short and sweet and a week later they told me they want to move forward with hiring me

Interview Questions

• What's your availability look like   1 Answer
    • When is a time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

I was first informed in August that I was moving through the hiring process. I applied online. Didn't hear back until July. Interviewed over the phone, then got a call that week that I'd be flown out to Dallas. I'm in Dallas now, so we will see.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate? Is the pay okay? Are you okay with a non traditional schedule?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   1 Answer
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of flight attendants?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Telephone Interview - Applied Aug 2016 and had my telephone interview June 2017. Recruiter could not have been any nicer. I would not say it was casual but she lead the conversation so that I didn't feel extremely nervous but I can say that I was.

Many yes and no questions to start off with. Then to the meat of the interview. She took many notes. At the end of the interview, she told me that I had passed and that next step of going to Dallas with happen within the next month. The telephone interview was on Friday and I was called on Monday to say that the following Tuesday I would be in Dallas for my F2F. Well it's Tuesday and I am on the plane. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?   1 Answer
    • Biggest emergency situation you have ever been in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on 9/16/16 by a referral of a SW employee. I immediately received an email the next day saying they had received my application and and would contact me as soon as they could. In December or January I received another email saying I needed to fill out a questionnaire. I filled it out and just heard back from them on 6/7/17 for a phone interview on 6/9/17. I just completed my phone interview which was very nerve wrecking. The interviewer Ishmal was very nice and courteous. He told me that I would be hearing back from him soon. He said that they were currently in a 2-3 week wait for call backs for a f2f if I was chosen or I would get an email stating that I was not chosen. I put no offer as I have no yet been accepted or declined. Will update once I find out.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Started with a phone interview with simple questions then moved me to a face 2 face interview where i passed to the next step which was the background and drug tests

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Flight Attendant position with Southwest Airlines online in August 2016. I received a few emails/calls regarding the phone interview at the beginning of June 2017. Be sure to regularly check your spam/junk folder, as I located some of these important emails there! Also, when the recruiter called initially, she did not leave a message. So, if you have any missed calls, it could be them. The recruiter and I made contact on June 6 and my phone interview was scheduled for June 19. I was asked to complete and submit a form online, as well. She called promptly on the day of the interview and proceeded to ask several yes/no questions, such as are you willing to relocate or commute and do you have any visible tattoos. She also went over some disclaimers and information about the job; i.e.: salary, hours, bases, etc. She then went into the interview questions which I will list (some of them I found here on Glassdoor, which was helpful.) I answered the questions as best as I could for being nervous and not having interviewed in over a decade. Once the questioning was complete, she informed me she needed to get with her co-worker to go over the results of the interviews they were conducting and she would call or email to let me know by the 21st. I received a generated email that Wednesday stating I had not been selected to move forward in the hiring process. I was disappointed, as I had hoped to have a chance to redeem myself at the face to face, but am grateful to have been given the opportunity to phone interview. Now, I must wait a year in order to reapply for the position. In the meantime, I hope that in sharing my experience, I might be able to help others and give them a heads up.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember about the job description when you applied? What are some of the responsibilities of a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an emergency situation. How did you handle it? (Can be non-work related.)   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of being a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quick and to the point. Lasted about 15 minutes. Next step in process is face-to-face interview. Asked several behavioral questions and specific job duty questions that relate to ramp agent position.

Interview Questions

• Asked brief behavioral questions and about specific job duties of position.   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Sent application online the day it was posted. never heard anything back after it. i work at the airport and ended up seeing a bunch of other people offered the interview that were much older than me. maybe its my age but oh well...

Interview Questions

• basic questions you'll see online for every interview of how you'll change the company and such   Answer Question