Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

Interview

3 different interviews.. 1 phone then if you passed that, then a group interview, then 1 on 1.. Then if hired 3 weeks in Dallas for training and don't see family till you come back

Negotiation

no negotiation...you are union and start at bottom and have no life

Internship Interview

Interview

Applied to as many internships as were relevant. Got a phone call about 1 month later which led to another phone call and then they flew me to HQ in Dallas for an in person interview.

Corporate Tax Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

1. Apply online, if you are selected, you will be contacted for phone interview
    2. Phone interview - resume questions, why southwest airlines? why do you choose tax
    3. Onsite interview - still some resume questions, prepare your own questions to ask
    4. Wait for decision
    The process is really long, around one to two months. Be patient.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Interview

They ask normal interview questions always smile make sure to talk about how important customer service is to you and the company. Questions asked, what do you know about southwest west? Why is customer service important?

Interview Questions

• Lots of customer service questions smile and be very bubbly   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation is a union jobs raise every year starts ff around 10-12 depending on what city you live in

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, basic questions on my resume and coursework. Then asked some basic HR questions. Then was followed up with another phone interview going into position details. Was called back a month later and invited for a in person interview in Dallas.

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Southwest FA hiring process is more interested in getting to know you. It's very relaxed. It's a panel of 3 that includes FA, FA Supervisor, and Recruiter. Pretty much ask questions based on the Star Format

Interview Questions

• Nothing really difficult, interview was more like a conversation. I was asked why I wanted to be a Flight Attendant.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent, DAL Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online about a 4 weeks ago, had a phone interview last week and called for a F2F about 4 days after the phone interview, asked me to wait outside for a few minutes, called me back in and had the fingerprinting done straight after the F2F. I had 3 to 1 interview, and it was very relaxed and friendly atmosphere, thoroughly enjoyed it.

Interview Questions

• Went over my work history, nothing out of the ordinary, the usual,,,,why do you want to work for SWA, the role of the Ramp agent, why did you leave your other jobs.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2015.

Interview

I had a phone interview and then was invited to meet 1:1 in Chicago in early February. I do not live in Chicago so I had to rent a car to attend the interview (SW did not cover this expense). Everyone I met was very kind and I appreciated the time spent with me. When the in-person interview was completed I was informed that there were no concerns so next step would be to interview with the interviewer's boss. He said I would hear back at the end of February as he was going on vacation. By the beginning of March I had not heard anything so I sent a follow-up e-mail. I have yet to receive a response. I have no issue with the fact that they did not move me forward in the process. However, I felt it rude not responding to my e-mail. A short response would have made me feel that the company valued the hours and money I spent investing in them. I think that Southwest should consider spending time evaluating and improving the candidate experience. It would be concerning for me if the Recruiting Organization itself does not value this important piece of the recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any concerns with the amount of travel required?   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied the mid November then a email 2 days later I received an email to complete the application and fill in all the gaps and don't leave anything out and 2 days later I did my phone interview which lasted 30 min going over my work history the recruiter said I would know there decision by the end of the week I got a phone call 2 days later saying I will be moving to the the f2f interview I set the date then they called 2 days later saying that they will no longer be interviewing due to internal movement. then I got a phone 3 days later saying there was change and they have good news and they will be due interviews mine was Dec 8 the recruiter was super nice easy to talk to said if I was chosen they will call me in a week ..I got the phone for fingerprints and background and if all went well I will get my call with a start date n I received good news saying I'm hired I got my start date the end of January

Ramp Agent Interview

Interview

Easy interview, did mine alone with two managers. They asked alot of questions about past jobs. After interview was over they finger printed me and told me to wait for a call. They called to set up training about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work mandatory overtime?   1 Answer