Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Jan 18, 2018

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

The interview was very nerve wrecking yet amazing. It took a year, however, it was worth it. They make you feel so comfortable to the point where you forget it’s an interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2017.

Interview

Phone interview went very well. Called back for f2f tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed! I know this is just the beginning of the process but I couldn't be happier to have the opportunity to work for this outstanding company!

Interview Questions

• What do you think the duties of a flight attendant are?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online. 3 days later I Received a phone call from a recruiter to schedule an interview. Did my phone interview (20 minutes) . Real easy. He only asked questions about my resume. Got a call back the same day to schedule my F2F. Had my F2F last Tuesday. Real easy as well. They Asked behavioral questions. Got an email this morning & I got the job 🙃

Interview Questions

• A time you went above and beyond for a customer   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Applied online on August 14, 2016...I received an email after Valentine's Day and after Memorial Day thanking me for my patience. I didn't hear anything again until October 25th when I received a phone call asking if I am still interested in the job. Of course, I am and the lady again thanked me for my patience and said I would receive an email from them in the next couple of weeks to let me know what the next steps are. I am patiently waiting and crossing my fingers, wondering if I am the very last candidate?

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Very quick and professional interview process. Did application, 2 weeks later phone interview, one week later face to face interview. Now just waiting to hear back to see if I get the job or not.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for this position in august of 2016 I didn't hear anything until July of this year from a very kind woman located in GA. She asked me if I was still interested in the FA position I of course replied "YES!!" She informed me that I would be hearing from a lady to set up a phone interview and a few weeks later we did. The phone interview lasted about 20 minutes and she before we hung up she let me know that she would like to move me on the next step in the hiring process!!! She said this would be a F2F in Dallas and it may take up to a month for me to hear from a recruiter to set this up. I heard from her about 2-3 weeks later and set up my F2F for sept. 28th. There was a total of 6 of us and we made conversation while we waited for the briefing, they then brought us into a conference room where they explained the FA position and all that it entailed as well as SWA and what they're all about. The interviewers were extremely personable and so easy to talk to. They really made me feel comfortable and a little less nervous! After the briefing we went back into the waiting area and we were all called back one by one. Needless to say I was extremely nervous about how I did in the interview and I was anxious to hear back. They told us we should hear back in 2weeks time. I heard back in exactly one week and they offered me the job!!!! Now I'm just waiting to hear about a training date! Patience is a virtue during this process for certain, but it will all be worth it in the end!!

Good luck!!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

It's been a long process, just be yourself and have patience. The interviews have been very pleasant and professional, really just answer honestly and be yourself. Reading the Glassdoor comments have been helpful.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

I recently had a mock interview with a current SWA employee for a class project, which required the employee to interview me as if I were actually applying for the position and provide me feedback at the end of the interview.

Expect a good amount of behavioral questions that will be asked regarding how you demonstrate teamwork and team leadership. Be sure to really do your company research and elaborate how you have prepared for this interview . Be sure to recall specific examples when answering the behavioral questions, preferably try to recall specific examples from recent internship/work experiences rather than later ones.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.   Answer Question
    • What're some of your favorite classes within your degree plan and why?   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you with different Microsoft Suite platforms? Proficient? Intermediate? Still learning?   Answer Question
    • What is it about the this particular position that interested you to apply?   Answer Question
    • How do you work in a team-oriented environment? What do you bring to the table that would really bring the overall team work goal? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • How comfortable are you when you are not in a leadership role? How do you handle situations where you are being someone being delegated to?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle feedback?   Answer Question
    • What do you know about Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What did you do to prepare for this interview? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What type of experiences or takeaways do you hope to get from an internship?   Answer Question
    • What has been your favorite internship experience? Explain.   Answer Question
    • What was/has been your most challenging class you’ve taken? How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How do you demonstrate your Fun-LUVing spirit? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question
    • What are your long-term career goals?   Answer Question
    • Why Southwest? ****VERY IMPORTANT****   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in November 2017.

Interview

Once your application is screened, they call you for a phone interview. If you do well, you get asked to come in for a face to face interview in the location of the airport you applied for.

Interview Questions

• Did I ever have to multitask in the workplace? If so, please give an example.   Answer Question

Maintenance Planning Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

The initial phone interview was pleasant and I heard back of my status within a week. An in person interview was then scheduled, mainly "Why Southwest?" and personality questions. Company culture really is as great as everyone says.