Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 24, 2017

2.6

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for the internship in October and did not hear anything back until around January. The process is lengthy in that regard. I then was able to participate in a phone interview where I was asked to answer a few questions about myself and school. A few weeks later, I was asked to fly to Dallas for the face-to-face interview with a few employees from the people department. The interview lasted 30 minutes and then I was able to fly home. The next day I received a call asking if I would like to be apart of the SWA family.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest?
      Name a few classes that have helped you.
      What do you believe are places you need improvement?
      What are your hobbies?
      Why are you willing to take three months off for this?
      How will this be a value in your life?
      1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Summer 2017 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied online in October and was contacted about my WhySouthwest essay in December. I made it to the phone interview round in February but didn't make it to the in-person round. Although I didn't get the job, I enjoyed my application experience as Southwest is a friendly, uplifting company.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and a week later I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview took 20 minutes and if they were interested I would hear back from them within 2 weeks. 2 days later I get a call to come in for a person to person interview. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what the job duties of the crew scheduler?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview at a prearranged time, to go over the position in more detail and to ask a few questions about southwest my application and my background. Very easy process, and I spoke with a very friendly and helpful person. Only lasted about 10 minutes, before being asked to come to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest
      are you capable of completing the required duties of the position
      Describe the required duties of the position
      2 Answers

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in march and two weeks later I had my phone interview . It lasted around 10 mins and went very well . Asked me a few questions about why SWA and also gave me some information on the company. The young lady conducting the interview let me know she will contact me in 48 hours if I was moving on with the hiring process so she can schedule me with for a F2F interview . The next day she called me and let me know I've been selected to move on . Two weeks after that I had my F2F it went great ! It was a one on one interview she asked me questions . Smiling and personality is the key to getting this job !!! It's also a plus to be knowledgeable about the company and it's values but be yourself !!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process has taken 7 months up until this point, 2/16/17. After receiving the email to fill out a more detailed application, including a 5 year history of residence, I waiting several weeks before receiving a date for a phone interview. A few more weeks went by, and after the phone interview, I waited another 8 weeks before receiving an email telling me to schedule my flight to Dallas for my f2f. I flew out a week later, had my f2f, went through the very easy physical part of the process and was fingerprinted. Everyone I encountered that worked in the people department had a huge smile on their faces and was more than eager to help. The interview panel, consisting of three flight attendants was more of an informative conversation, but had the usual interview questions. It was the most pleasant and semi casual interview I've ever had. The ladies were awesome! There were only the three options to choose from that said "No Offer", Yes, but turned it down", and Yes, Accepted Offer". I chose accepted offer, but it takes 1-2 weeks to hear back from the people department. I will update once I have heard anything!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant for SWA?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had difficulty with a fellow employee or customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Human Resources called to set up a phone interview and required me to submit a secondary application. The phone interview was scheduled for later that same week. Phone interview was very casual and friendly. Lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with safety procedures and protocol.   1 Answer