Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 26, 2017

2.6

Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the coordinator position in March and was contacted in May about a phone interview. I was asked to do an in-person interview in June. SW paid for my flight to Dallas, TX. The interview went good and felt very comfortable. Then a few days later I was offered the job. Unfortunately, since the interview process took so long I was not able to accept the position because I had already moved.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

I was interviewed for a Data Analysis internship.

The first round was a phone interview with a recruiter. It covered basic questions about the company and my resume. Lasted 15-20 minutes.

The second interview was at their office. The second interview was taken by the same recruiter and the hiring manager. The interview went into a little bit more details about my resume and the projects I had done. The manager also explained the position to me a bit better, and asked questions related to the requirements of the job. Lasted 25-30 minutes.

Overall, it was a positive interview process.

Culture Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Easygoing! Very conversation like. There was a phone interview and then I was asked to come to headquarters for an in person interview. They flew me in and the interview was very personable.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just got a call from Southwest this past Tuesday for a phone interview on Wednesday 5th next week. what should I expect about the questions? what do they ask?

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

Overall interview process was simple, but complex. I am well qualified, but I'm assuming since i listed the college I currently attend, I was automatically dinged. I don't think its fair, but I'll try with another airline.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September of 2016. Received emails from time to time asking to update the application. Finally got an email to set up a phone interview. Waiting now to see if I get the F2F interview

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

Sent application online the day it was posted. never heard anything back after it. i work at the airport and ended up seeing a bunch of other people offered the interview that were much older than me. maybe its my age but oh well...

Interview Questions

• basic questions you'll see online for every interview of how you'll change the company and such   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Flight Attendant position with Southwest Airlines online in August 2016. I received a few emails/calls regarding the phone interview at the beginning of June 2017. Be sure to regularly check your spam/junk folder, as I located some of these important emails there! Also, when the recruiter called initially, she did not leave a message. So, if you have any missed calls, it could be them. The recruiter and I made contact on June 6 and my phone interview was scheduled for June 19. I was asked to complete and submit a form online, as well. She called promptly on the day of the interview and proceeded to ask several yes/no questions, such as are you willing to relocate or commute and do you have any visible tattoos. She also went over some disclaimers and information about the job; i.e.: salary, hours, bases, etc. She then went into the interview questions which I will list (some of them I found here on Glassdoor, which was helpful.) I answered the questions as best as I could for being nervous and not having interviewed in over a decade. Once the questioning was complete, she informed me she needed to get with her co-worker to go over the results of the interviews they were conducting and she would call or email to let me know by the 21st. I received a generated email that Wednesday stating I had not been selected to move forward in the hiring process. I was disappointed, as I had hoped to have a chance to redeem myself at the face to face, but am grateful to have been given the opportunity to phone interview. Now, I must wait a year in order to reapply for the position. In the meantime, I hope that in sharing my experience, I might be able to help others and give them a heads up.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember about the job description when you applied? What are some of the responsibilities of a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an emergency situation. How did you handle it? (Can be non-work related.)   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of being a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Group setting phone call interview to begin with. Once you passed the phone interview invited to a group interview. Group interview you are asked additional questions went to in Phoenix az. Not hired

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an angry customer.   2 Answers

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Applied, a week later phone interview with HR asking general questions about job history, scheduled a f2f in 2 weeks and was offered job at the end of the interview. Waiting on background