Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Service Rep position for the Atlanta location on 10/2/2016 and did not get my phone interview until 12/1/2016. I completely over thought the phone interview, because it was a complete breeze. I was invited to do a face to face interview on tomorrow 12/8/2016 and was told training may not begin until late January. I am super elated to even be consider so wish me luck.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online in August, and did not hear back until about mid October to complete a questionnaire. I completed a phone interview in the beginning of December, and was told I'd be either accepted for a face to face interview or declined within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an emergency situation you were in and how did you handle it. Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Why did you choose Southwest?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Dec. 12, phone interview Dec. 14, F2F scheduled for Dec 15.

Turned down offer to drive to Washington DC for F2F interview. Starting pay is $13/hr which is not enough for me to be able to relocate, unfortunately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied August 2nd, 2016. Had a phone interview in October. Did a F@F December 1, 2016. I loved the experience but was given a "Thanks But No Thanks." I really thought i was prepared, but I was not. Everybody says , Be yourself" right. I did not think the actual interview process was that easy. There were a lot of questions that questions that were not on Glassdoor, and good for Southwest Airlines for being ahead of the question curve.

Interview Questions

• A family of 5 gets on a plane. There is a child wrapped in a blanket, two small children, ages 4 and 5 and the father and mother. Half way up in the air the mother screams out, "My baby is dead," what do you do?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

From beginning to end, the entire process was 4 months. I applied online, and was invited to fill out more information. That led to scheduling a phone interview, and finally being invited for a face to face interview.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

Rey thorough interview labeled as a 1x1 but actually conducted with 2 people at once. Made it very comfortable, didnt feel like an interrogation. Know your resume and work history. There were a lot of past experience questions and how you dealt with certain situations.

Interview Questions

• What does Hospitality mean to you?   1 Answer

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying online, you get an email informing you that Southwest would like to interview you on specific days within a specific time frame. You email the recruiter back if you do not want to be interviewed. During the interview, I was asked a few questions about myself, my skills and experiences and my interest in Southwest Airlines and the position. I was informed on the structure of the interview and the processes that will take place after the interview. I was informed of the method and timeframe I will be contacted after the initial phone interview, informed if I have advanced in the interview process, informed of the position salary, duties and requirements. I was permitted to asked any questions I have about the position and offered to contact the recruiter with additional position-related questions.

Interview Questions

• Q. What is your interest in this position and specifically with Southwest Airlines? (Paraphrased)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

8/11-Initial Application Completed
    9/22-Questionaire
    10/12-Scheduled phone interview
    10/14-Completed phone interview
    10/18-Passed Phone interview (Had to update info)

**waited for 3-4 weeks before scheduling F2F**

12/5-Scheduled F2F Interview
    12/14-Had F2F interview
    12/23-Was told I was selected to move forward in the process and would be sent to Background through sterling.

Now just impatiently waiting on my training date that may take 3-4 months to come back lol.

Any Facebook groups?

Interview Questions

• If we were to remember you, what would we remember you for?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in July 2016. In Oct. I recieved an email informimg me I was selected as a candidate and on Dec 20th I got a phone call to set up my phone interview for Dec 28th.After waiting for 5 months from the appling date, I finally got my phone interview. 10 Days later I recieved an email informing me that I was no selected for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why with so many positions within the company, why applied for FA?
      Tell me a time you went above and beyond for someone?
      Tell me about an emergency situation?
      What do you do during downtime?
      1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, received my first phone interview 3 months later, it was very easy: mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes or less. The same day They set me up for a F2F a week later. The Interview went well and they told me they were gonna moved me to the next step which it was the drug test and the background check which took at least a month...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?   1 Answer
    • Please tell us about when or when you have to work or deal with a problematic coworker/guest...   Answer Question