Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 21, 2017

2.6

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for the position on 9/16/16 by a referral of a SW employee. I immediately received an email the next day saying they had received my application and and would contact me as soon as they could. In December or January I received another email saying I needed to fill out a questionnaire. I filled it out and just heard back from them on 6/7/17 for a phone interview on 6/9/17. I just completed my phone interview which was very nerve wrecking. The interviewer Ishmal was very nice and courteous. He told me that I would be hearing back from him soon. He said that they were currently in a 2-3 week wait for call backs for a f2f if I was chosen or I would get an email stating that I was not chosen. I put no offer as I have no yet been accepted or declined. Will update once I find out.

Culture Services Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Easygoing! Very conversation like. There was a phone interview and then I was asked to come to headquarters for an in person interview. They flew me in and the interview was very personable.

CSA Interview

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview went well, they asked you some yes or no questions about the position you are applying for such as are you willing to work anytime that needed and others along that line. Then they go into asking you questions about that go in a bit more depth and finally asks about your previous employment and why you are no longer with those companies. They go back years. or until your 18 which ever is the shortest time. You go thru the phone interview first. It lasts about to minutes. At the end of the interview I was told they are wanting to go ahead to the next level. I was offered the face to face interview before we hung up. I do this on Tuesday.

Interview Questions

• What do you like or dislike about your job?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work with Southwest?   1 Answer
    • Name a time when you have a difficult passenger and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Sacramento, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I received a phone call months after applied not realizing it was my 1st interview. We chatted for about 20 minutes and she invited me in for a f2f interview. The f2f interview was short and sweet and a week later they told me they want to move forward with hiring me

Interview Questions

• What's your availability look like   1 Answer
    • When is a time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a breeze. I was then offered a face to face interview for the following week. They asked basic questions like why southwest and why should we hire you. I go in for my interview tomorrow wish me luck!

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 6/27/17. Received a call on July 5 to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was July 10. It lasted approx 15 minutes. I was asked a lot of questions about the company and the position I'd be working. He also went over my current work history. I felt fairly confident that it went well, and he said he'd get back to me in a week or so. He called back 2 hours later to tell me they're going ahead with me. The FTF was scheduled for August 4 at the airport I'd be working at. My FTF interview was one on one and very easy. It lasted 30 minutes, but it was mostly him telling me about the position, the many hours of overtime you could work and the culture of Southwest. He said I'd hear back from them after they go through all the applicants which could take a few weeks.
    I left there feeling very confident that I did well.
    On August 22 I received a call that they're going ahead with me. I did my drug test (a urine sample) in L.A. on August 23 and they flew me to Oakland on August 24 to do fingerprinting. Now I'm officially in backgrounds and so excited!!

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial apply
    Phone interview (employee history for the past 5y)
    F2F
    If passed on finger prints and drug test
    Background check
    Hire date
    Training
    The process was very long but the hiring staff are literally the best.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

I applied for a Flight Attendant position with Southwest Airlines online in August 2016. I received a few emails/calls regarding the phone interview at the beginning of June 2017. Be sure to regularly check your spam/junk folder, as I located some of these important emails there! Also, when the recruiter called initially, she did not leave a message. So, if you have any missed calls, it could be them. The recruiter and I made contact on June 6 and my phone interview was scheduled for June 19. I was asked to complete and submit a form online, as well. She called promptly on the day of the interview and proceeded to ask several yes/no questions, such as are you willing to relocate or commute and do you have any visible tattoos. She also went over some disclaimers and information about the job; i.e.: salary, hours, bases, etc. She then went into the interview questions which I will list (some of them I found here on Glassdoor, which was helpful.) I answered the questions as best as I could for being nervous and not having interviewed in over a decade. Once the questioning was complete, she informed me she needed to get with her co-worker to go over the results of the interviews they were conducting and she would call or email to let me know by the 21st. I received a generated email that Wednesday stating I had not been selected to move forward in the hiring process. I was disappointed, as I had hoped to have a chance to redeem myself at the face to face, but am grateful to have been given the opportunity to phone interview. Now, I must wait a year in order to reapply for the position. In the meantime, I hope that in sharing my experience, I might be able to help others and give them a heads up.

Interview Questions

• What do you remember about the job description when you applied? What are some of the responsibilities of a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest Airlines?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you went above and beyond for a customer? What did you do?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had an emergency situation. How did you handle it? (Can be non-work related.)   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the biggest challenge of being a Flight Attendant?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just got a call from Southwest this past Tuesday for a phone interview on Wednesday 5th next week. what should I expect about the questions? what do they ask?