Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.6

873 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

First I applied through the university, and sent my resume. Then I got a phone interview and then they asked me to come to Dallas and interview with them in person.

Interview Questions

• What is more important to you, demand or cost?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Easy phone interview. Moved on to f2f after 1week. F2F interview was short and sweet. They really make you feel comfortable right away. Still waiting to hear something, 2weeks later.

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied August 13, 2016 and received a phone call on August 29, 2017 from a very nice lady out of Atlanta asking me if I was still interested in the FA position with Southwest. I said yes, of course!! The recruiter said that I would be receiving a "read only" email within the next three weeks and I received it on September 11th. Now I'm waiting for a call or email to hopefully update my work info and schedule a phone interview. It is a very long process but well worth the wait. Southwest is a stellar company to work for and I would be truly honored to become a part of the SW family!! Just be patient and be prepared for situational questions using the STAR method...and know about the company.

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in the position?   3 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

Applied in Aug 2016. Got call in Sept 2017 asking if still interested from a calling service and received email with info about a week later. Waiting on phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Are you still interested in working for SWA?   5 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I submitted my resume then waited about six months. Recruiter emailed to set up phone interview. The interview was close to 30-40 minutes. I was emailed the following week that I would not be moving forward in the hiring process. This was my first phone interview and I was really nervous!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an emergency at work and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

Interview process was quite easy and relatively casual since there were no technical questions and the hr and the other team members make you feel at ease. They primarily go over your CV.

Interview Questions

• Experience using multiple tools and the ability to learn and utilize new tools   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oklahoma City, OK) in September 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Monday, a few days later I received an email and phone call from a recruiter setting up an interview for the following Tuesday. She also emailed an application to fill out. My phone interview then got rescheduled for a few days later after the interviewer missed my first one. The phone interview was on Friday. It went well. She went over pay, position, and job history. Asked a few questions about how I have handled myself in certain situations. She said I would know by the end of next week if I was moving on.

The following Monday I received a call from the recruiter to schedule a face to face interview for 3 weeks out. I was also asked to fix one date on my employment application as quickly as possible.

My interview was at the call center in Oklahoma City. I came early and waited in the waiting area for a few other applicants to come in, then we were given a short tour around the building. They took us to a room they called the hospitality room with a big conference table and several team leaders that were answering any questions that anyone had. They offered drinks and snacks. We talked and asked questions while we waited for an interviewer to come call our name.

My interviewer was awesome. She had an amazing personality and made me feel really comfortable. We chatted about my work history and how I've handled different situations. I was asked similar questions to the phone interview but it was so much easier and more relaxed. Really fantastic interview. At the end I was told they wanted to move forward and of course I was ecstatic! I was taken to another room and fingerprinted and signed a form for a background check. I received an offer of employment pending my background check and was told I would hear from then in a few weeks. So excited!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Customer Service Agent?
      Why do you want to work for Southwest?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for someone.
      Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult guest.
      How do you handle it if you have a disagreement with a coworker.   Answer Question

Service Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Pro: Flexible and accommodating in bringing you onsite
    Con: Long wait in between sessions, repeated same interviews in person that were done on phone. After phone interviews with the same people had "gone well", they had me spend $1k+ out of pocket to fly there in person from overseas, then proceeded to tell me that they weren't comfortable with my level of experience in a particular product. That product experience had been discussed on the phone, so that was either not really the reason or they just wasted my money and a couple weeks of my time.

Then, rather than telling me they had passed, I found out when ANOTHER southwest recruiter contacted me for the same job position. Not a very professional experience overall, let a feeling of wasting my time and not being up front the first time around.

Interview Questions

• questions were "go up to the board and draw this service"...which was pretty basic. then they dive into version-specific features despite stating in the earlier stages that they weren't as particular on the technical minutia.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

August 2016 when the position open for Flight Attendant there were so many applicants the computers crashed and you couldn't get on the site. Luckily the very next day I was able to recoup, and got a time stamp. I made it through the questionnaire, and a year later they are still processing thousands of applicants. Had my phone interview 9/29/17. Status hasn't changed yet? I'll be interviewing for other airlines while waiting! Good luck to those still hoping to get there F2F!

Interview Questions

• What do you think good service is? Why do you want to fly for SouthWest? How do you feel about relocating? Name a time when you had horrible service from someone, and how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As an internal candidate I applied online on the day the window opened which was 07/13/17 and did not receive a call to be invited to a face to face interview until 08/11/17. I had no phone interview and was scheduled for f2f on 08/ 16/17. I had high hopes of transferring inflight but was called back with bad news on 08/25/17. Overall I wish the recruiter provided actual feedback if something needs to be worked on instead of being given the same excuse 3 of my coworkers received who were rejected as well. The f2f was supposed to be two people interviewing you but I only had one person. The first part consisted of yes or no questions they would have asked you over the phone and the second part consisted of situational questions. After all that you are then taken into a room that was a mock up of an aircraft where they make you walk up and down an aisle, sit in the flight attendant jumpseat and going in and out of an emergency exit. Also if you have any recognition awards, customer commendations and reccomendation letters now is the time to show them although it doesn't matter in the end when making a decision in extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond your job duties to help a fellow coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were working with a coworker who wasn't pulling their own weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is an area you can improve on at work? What is an area you can improve on in life?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the greatest challenge of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What is a flight attendant's main responsibility?   1 Answer
    • What would your brand be as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself? How would your managers describe you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with an angry passenger and how you handled it.   Answer Question