Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview process is very relaxed. Recruiters encourage you to relax, be yourself. Recruiters are supposed to be looking at how well you treat other candidates versus what you are actually saying.
    At least that's how it was.

Interview Questions

• How I recently helped a Co worker at my current job.   1 Answer
    • Would I be willing to relocate if necessary?   1 Answer

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (East Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview pretty straight forward no curve balls the next day recruiter called in for F2F ever since then still haven't heard from the senior recruiter about an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Group setting phone call interview to begin with. Once you passed the phone interview invited to a group interview. Group interview you are asked additional questions went to in Phoenix az. Not hired

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an angry customer.   2 Answers

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in June 2017.

Interview

Applied back in September of 2016. Received emails from time to time asking to update the application. Finally got an email to set up a phone interview. Waiting now to see if I get the F2F interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just got a call from Southwest this past Tuesday for a phone interview on Wednesday 5th next week. what should I expect about the questions? what do they ask?

Ramp Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in July 2017.

Interview

I had a scheduled phone interview for 11AM, I work a full time job Leasing homes, so I stepped out to wait for the call. At 11:04am I had to go back to help someone. Emily called at 11:05AM and left a message. I called right back and was sent to voicemail twice.
    Then approximately 3 hours later she's calls when I started lunch but told me she was unable to conduct the screening and would have to reschedule.
    On the reschedule day she called and as I reached the phone hung up, again calling right back and being sent to voicemail she sends an e-mail saying "sorry, try again with Southwest later".

As a former Healthcare Recruiter, hire better contractors or get Full-time staff who actually have the values of you company and not just a warm body. Recruiters have to be flexible to candidate schedules because people work. There is no resin that if I call right back I should go to voicemail. Candidates have to walk off the work floor or find an open office etc.

Interview Questions

• Didn't get to answer any questions due to the Recruiter-Emily Mengert being disorganized.   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied in November of 2016, and was asked if I was still interested and to update my profile towards the end of July of 2017. I was called on August 11, 2017 to upload my entire work history from the last 5 years to my profile and to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview is August 17, 2017. Wish me luck!!

Alignment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

It was a great time! Everyone nice. Even the petting zoo was a lot of fun! We also got to go to Six Flags after dinner!

Senior Build Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2009.

Interview

Got a call from a recruiter about the position, submitted resume and waited a couple of months, then finally got a phone screen on a Friday, with a Interview the following Thursday, received the offer on my way out from the office, started work the next Monday.

Interview Questions

See What Southwest Airlines Employees Are Saying

StarStarStarStarStar   Current Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Pros: “As a PR major in college, I dreamed of working at Southwest one day. When the opportunity presented itself, I had a moment where I worried...had I built this Company up too much in my head...”“As a PR major in college, I dreamed of working at Southwest one day. When the opportunity presented itself, I had a moment where I worried...had I built this Company up too much in my head? Could it possibly live up to the hype? I'm here to tell you: it lives up to it, and so much more. The People are kind. The vibe is hard-working, challenging, and fun. The Leaders are People you want to follow. I learn something every day from the talented people I'm surrounded by. The benefits are top-notch, from the generous 401(k) match and ProfitSharing to healthcare and Wellness Rewards (an opportunity to earn money for healthy habits). Not to mention flight privileges. I am grateful every day to be a part of the Southwest Family.” – Full Review