Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 19, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Aurora, CO) in February 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was very positive. But the 2 on one went very sour!! The woman that was an agent was very rude and made faces at me. And the interviewer wasn't much better. Very disappointed, I really love SWA but these two were not a good representation of the company.

Interview Questions

• Give us a situation with someone you have worked with and didn't get along but turned it around for the better.   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Interview

I applied almost two months ago and I still haven't received any information. The application still says "received submission" under the status which is frustrating. I'm hoping they get back to me soon.

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a short time ago, and received an email two days ago followed by a call. This was to confirm my phone interview! Im soexcited! Does anyone knows the next steps after this?

Interview Questions

• Are you free for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

The process took about 3 months. I applied online and about two months later I got call to set up a phone interview. The interview was easy, recruiters make sure you are comfortable and have the time to talk about yourself. After the phone interview (which lasted around 30 minutes), I received another call for an in person interview at Southwest Airlines HQ. The recruiters asked about past work and how you fit in Southwest Airline's culture. About two weeks later, I got a call back for an offer.

Safety Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Hadn't heard for a while and then got a call out of the blue wanting to bring me in for an interview. It was scheduled the next day as I was already in town which made it simple. I had just recieved an offer for another job and had until the end of the week to give a reply, I told the interviewer this and he worked really hard to schedule my second interview before my deadline. I received and accepted an offer the day I had to let the other company know I was turning them down. I will say that while the interview was nerve wracking as interviews often are, they made me feel like I was truly wanted as a part of the family.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions (what is your greatest strength, tell us a time you were challenged...)   Answer Question

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in march and two weeks later I had my phone interview . It lasted around 10 mins and went very well . Asked me a few questions about why SWA and also gave me some information on the company. The young lady conducting the interview let me know she will contact me in 48 hours if I was moving on with the hiring process so she can schedule me with for a F2F interview . The next day she called me and let me know I've been selected to move on . Two weeks after that I had my F2F it went great ! It was a one on one interview she asked me questions . Smiling and personality is the key to getting this job !!! It's also a plus to be knowledgeable about the company and it's values but be yourself !!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview by recruiter was a breeze. Just be honest & be yourself.
    Mostly the type of questions you would expect about yourself, your experiences & how you handled certain situations.

Interview Questions

• Tell a time you went above & beyond for someone
      Tell about an emergency situation & how you handled it.   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quick and to the point. Lasted about 15 minutes. Next step in process is face-to-face interview. Asked several behavioral questions and specific job duty questions that relate to ramp agent position.

Interview Questions

• Asked brief behavioral questions and about specific job duties of position.   Answer Question

Flight Simulator Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied for this job (which was listed as Flight Simulator Engineer) through LinkedIn. I received an email from a recruiter at Southwest the next day inviting me to formally apply on their careers website. I did this, and two days later was called to schedule an in-person interview. Southwest flew me to Dallas for the interview. The People Department at Southwest took a set of my fingerprints prior to the interview. I interviewed with two teams: one comprised of the flight simulation leadership team, and one comprised of the technical team. The entire interview lasted approximately 90 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest Airlines?   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen first where it was based on my resume. Know your resume really well. Then passed it and got flown out to Dallas. There I had 2 interviews one with HR and IT manager and another with 2 IT managers. Most of the question where behavioral questions. and how well you can work in a group

Interview Questions

• What are some problems you have had working in a group and how did you solve them. Don't stress about the questions there was very minimal questions. They just want to see if your a good fit just be yourself relax and have fun. know your resume well too.   Answer Question