Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied on August 11 and received an email at the end of September saying they wanted to set up a phone interview and to fill out the questionnaire. Had my phone interview a week later. The questions were everything I read off of glassdoor so I was very prepared for it. After that it took 9 weeks to hear anything back from them! Waiting was the hardest part of the whole process. Finally got a call about a face 2 face in Dallas! It was two weeks after they called. Interviewed in Dallas with a group of about 17 others. It was very laid back and everyone was so friendly! No questions were asked that I didn't read on here. Got a call the next day saying they loved me and are moving forward with the background check and everything! So excited! It was worth all the waiting. Just make sure you are prepared for the questions and are super friendly with all employees and other candidates during your face to face! :) good luck!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult coworker.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied August 2nd, 2016. Had a phone interview in October. Did a F@F December 1, 2016. I loved the experience but was given a "Thanks But No Thanks." I really thought i was prepared, but I was not. Everybody says , Be yourself" right. I did not think the actual interview process was that easy. There were a lot of questions that questions that were not on Glassdoor, and good for Southwest Airlines for being ahead of the question curve.

Interview Questions

• A family of 5 gets on a plane. There is a child wrapped in a blanket, two small children, ages 4 and 5 and the father and mother. Half way up in the air the mother screams out, "My baby is dead," what do you do?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in July 2016. In Oct. I recieved an email informimg me I was selected as a candidate and on Dec 20th I got a phone call to set up my phone interview for Dec 28th.After waiting for 5 months from the appling date, I finally got my phone interview. 10 Days later I recieved an email informing me that I was no selected for the next step.

Interview Questions

• Why with so many positions within the company, why applied for FA?
      Tell me a time you went above and beyond for someone?
      Tell me about an emergency situation?
      What do you do during downtime?
      1 Answer

Ticket Agent Interview

Interview

I put in an application two weeks ago and got hit up rather quickly to do a phone interview. I did the phone interview and the recruiter and I went back and forward at least 4 to 5 times making sure the background check information.

Yesterday afternoon she left me a message telling me that everything cleared and that I am ready for my face to face interview. But here is the kicker. She told me to get back to her asap so we can schedule an interview. I call her and leave a message and send her an email regarding available times for me to come in.

She leaves me an email the next day telling me, at 11:49am that I don't get get back to her by 2pm that same day, she will move on to other candidates.
    I mean, what? What was the big rush? She told me that the next interview date was on the 14th, 7 days away. I have never worked with an employer who uses these tactics. She wasted my time, I have responsibilities outside of applying for this job and Southwest proved to be inflexible.

If this is how their recruiters operate, I hate to see how they go about daily operations at the airport.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY).

Interview

i bet there are interogations that are less painful than this face to face interview. it wasnt hard but intense. and they stared and you with the fakest smiles for 45 mins

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Very layed back and fun, the questions was straight forward. Make sure you smile and engaged with each person interviewing you. Make sure you are confident in your answers, willing to be there all day.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for the Customer Service Rep position for the Atlanta location on 10/2/2016 and did not get my phone interview until 12/1/2016. I completely over thought the phone interview, because it was a complete breeze. I was invited to do a face to face interview on tomorrow 12/8/2016 and was told training may not begin until late January. I am super elated to even be consider so wish me luck.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied online in August, and did not hear back until about mid October to complete a questionnaire. I completed a phone interview in the beginning of December, and was told I'd be either accepted for a face to face interview or declined within a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an emergency situation you were in and how did you handle it. Why do you want to be a flight attendant? Why did you choose Southwest?   Answer Question

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied Dec. 12, phone interview Dec. 14, F2F scheduled for Dec 15.

Turned down offer to drive to Washington DC for F2F interview. Starting pay is $13/hr which is not enough for me to be able to relocate, unfortunately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

Interview

From beginning to end, the entire process was 4 months. I applied online, and was invited to fill out more information. That led to scheduling a phone interview, and finally being invited for a face to face interview.