Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Nov 15, 2017

2.6

867 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Flight Attendant Interview

Interview

I'm going to describe the f2f. Southwest called me on a Sunday night and told me my interview was to be the following Thursday. Fortunately I had my suit, shoes and everything ready to go. I got there the night before so I'd be refreshed the next day. I got there are put my luggage on a storage closet as I was planning on going to DAL right after the interview. First thing I did was get fingerprinted. Then I greeted and spoke with all the other candidates. After a bit, the 4 interviewers called us into a conference room. There were were briefed about the job and company. After that each one of us were called in a separate room to be interviewed. I had 2 interviewers. One asked the questions while other observed. It was an intense interview that lasted almost an hour. After that I was asked to climb through this mock emergency door exit, walked through a row of chairs that simulated an aisle and sit in a jump seat and connect/disconnect a seat belt. Then that was it. I got th CJO by phone about a week later.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As an internal candidate I applied online on the day the window opened which was 07/13/17 and did not receive a call to be invited to a face to face interview until 08/11/17. I had no phone interview and was scheduled for f2f on 08/ 16/17. I had high hopes of transferring inflight but was called back with bad news on 08/25/17. Overall I wish the recruiter provided actual feedback if something needs to be worked on instead of being given the same excuse 3 of my coworkers received who were rejected as well. The f2f was supposed to be two people interviewing you but I only had one person. The first part consisted of yes or no questions they would have asked you over the phone and the second part consisted of situational questions. After all that you are then taken into a room that was a mock up of an aircraft where they make you walk up and down an aisle, sit in the flight attendant jumpseat and going in and out of an emergency exit. Also if you have any recognition awards, customer commendations and reccomendation letters now is the time to show them although it doesn't matter in the end when making a decision in extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond your job duties to help a fellow coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were working with a coworker who wasn't pulling their own weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is an area you can improve on at work? What is an area you can improve on in life?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the greatest challenge of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What is a flight attendant's main responsibility?   1 Answer
    • What would your brand be as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself? How would your managers describe you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with an angry passenger and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Technician Interview

Interview

Interview was short. Roughly a 30 minute phone interview. Sense then I have heard nothing back from the company. I have reached out to the HR rep however I have not heard back

Supply Chain Analyst Interview

Interview

Interviews are typically held over the phone initially and then you are brought in for an in person interview. It is required to have your fingerprint taken for every interview

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2017.

Interview

I got contacted by phone a year after I applied. I had a phone interview, and my interviewer was very friendly and understanding, which made it very easy to talk to her.

Interview Questions

• What is an emergency situation that you have experienced, and how did you take charge?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied in November of 2016, and was asked if I was still interested and to update my profile towards the end of July of 2017. I was called on August 11, 2017 to upload my entire work history from the last 5 years to my profile and to schedule a phone interview. My phone interview is August 17, 2017. Wish me luck!!

Flight Attendant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I participated in the phone interview after about 10 months from applying online in August 2016. They asked mostly customer service related questions. The interview lasted about 25 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me when you went way above to help a customer   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online back in may 2017 I finally heard something back Aug. 2017. I had forgot i applied for this position. I received an email from a recruiter on 8/2 stating i will receive my phone interview between 8/3 -8/8. 8/4 was my over the phone interview which was straight to the point. The same day received an email for my F2F interview for 8/9. I arrived early at EWR 45 mins early & walked in 20 mins early. My interview was great with Carlos once again straight to the point. The next day 8/10 I received a call telling me that i impressed my interviewer and will be selected to move along in the hiring process. 8/11 I received an email from Sterling asking to verify my education. 8/14 received the same email from Sterling about my education. I also received another call from Chicago (MWD) telling me the same as before that SWA selected me to moved along in the hiring process & wanted to set up my Drug Test. An hour passed while i was studying my airport codes i received an email from the same lady about calling for my drug test. i went back to studying another hour goes by i received a call from a local number asking can she schedule me to come into the airport to do my paperwork & fingerprints. I am schedule to do so 8/15 at 7:30am . I called the drug test number i'm scheduled to take that 8/16 the place is an hour from my house. Now im back to studying WISH ME LUCK!!!

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had an employee that didn't see eye to eye with you   20 Answers

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Emerging Leaders Development Program (ELDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Atlanta, GA) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied August 7th, got an e-mail saying to expect a phone call within a week on August 14th. An hour after receiving the e-mail, I got a phone call from a recruiter and interviewed for about 30 minutes. On August 16th I got a "thanks, but no thanks" e-mail.

All in all, the process was a lot different than I expected. I was told on the company community board that the overall hiring process months, so I was a little caught off guard that I got a call just a week after applying and a it was little disheartening that I was rejected just two days later. I prepared to apply for the months before the requisition opened (I learned about the position from a current employee), and my hiring experience was drastically different from hers. I just wish I could have prepared myself for the initial phone interview a bit more.

Although I was not offered the position, the interview went well and the recruiter was very friendly and informative.