Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions

Updated Aug 17, 2017

2.6

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

So learning experience, i went calm and prepared for my interview and demonstrate that i was the right candidate and i was passionate about customer service. They are son friendly and kind. The recruiter was so nice and friendly and first i pass the interview on the phone and then two weeks later i went to face to face interview and i pass and take the offer. So excited. They even huge me . Best airline you could work. They really care for you and feel comfortable.

Maintenance Operation Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

Interview - basic questions, not technical, full of behavioural, just try to hear what HR person asks. answer for that question alone its so simple. be clear in telling everything that it is the most important thing in this interview

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I made it passed the phone interview and then had my face to face. It was 2 interviewers. One was from HR and the other was a ramp supervisor. I thought I did very well. I was in there for over an hour so I think that is a good sign. If anyone knows if a long interview is good please let me know. They will tell me in 2-3 weeks if I will make it to the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from there Arizona HQ about a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for two days later. Basic HR questions, very friendly recruiter. Brief conversation, about 15 mins, ended it with they'd call if they wanted a face to face. Got the call the next day and have the interview this Friday. Only negative is the online application itself, more or less a pain to fill it out if you're a student.

Senior Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

I did a phone interview - it lasted around 30 minutes. He was looking for as much information as he could to pass on to the hiring manager. Kind and thoughtful and wanted the best outcome for all involved.

Interview Questions

• We basically discussed my background / experience and ways that it would fulfill the needs of the position.   1 Answer

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

While I'm currently in the hiring process right now, it did not take long at all. I applied early in the morning one night (roughly 2am), and within 10 hours they called to schedule a phone interview the NEXT day. After the phone interview, they called back 30 minutes after and scheduled a f2f a week later. After the f2f interview which was 4 days ago, I was fingerprinted and asked to take a drug test (I assume this is good and I got the job because they were telling other people they would hear back from them in a few weeks where as for me they took me to the back and got me printed etc).

The interviews were very simple. As everyone pointed out, just be yourself. They're basic questions about your prior work history.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you go above and beyond to meet their expectations?   Answer Question

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2015.

Interview

Applied April 8th 2015, received my first phone interview 2 months later, it was very easy..mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes total. They contacted me 6 weeks later for my face to face interview..and it's tomorrow, so I will keep you updated..wish me luck! They also fly you to your interview, which some airlines don't do

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?
      Name an emergency situation you were in?   12 Answers

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

I applied for the internship in October and did not hear anything back until around January. The process is lengthy in that regard. I then was able to participate in a phone interview where I was asked to answer a few questions about myself and school. A few weeks later, I was asked to fly to Dallas for the face-to-face interview with a few employees from the people department. The interview lasted 30 minutes and then I was able to fly home. The next day I received a call asking if I would like to be apart of the SWA family.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest?
      Name a few classes that have helped you.
      What do you believe are places you need improvement?
      What are your hobbies?
      Why are you willing to take three months off for this?
      How will this be a value in your life?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 7+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

The interview process has taken 7 months up until this point, 2/16/17. After receiving the email to fill out a more detailed application, including a 5 year history of residence, I waiting several weeks before receiving a date for a phone interview. A few more weeks went by, and after the phone interview, I waited another 8 weeks before receiving an email telling me to schedule my flight to Dallas for my f2f. I flew out a week later, had my f2f, went through the very easy physical part of the process and was fingerprinted. Everyone I encountered that worked in the people department had a huge smile on their faces and was more than eager to help. The interview panel, consisting of three flight attendants was more of an informative conversation, but had the usual interview questions. It was the most pleasant and semi casual interview I've ever had. The ladies were awesome! There were only the three options to choose from that said "No Offer", Yes, but turned it down", and Yes, Accepted Offer". I chose accepted offer, but it takes 1-2 weeks to hear back from the people department. I will update once I have heard anything!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a flight attendant for SWA?   Answer Question
    • Name a time where you had difficulty with a fellow employee or customer and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question