Southwest Airlines Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 15, 2017

2.6

Customer Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO) in March 2017.

Interview

I was told phone interview would be approximately 10 minutes. The initial questions required a "yes" or "no" response. These questions included the hourly rate, working holidays and working mandatory overtime.

Crew Scheduler Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied on line and a week later I received a call for a phone interview. The phone interview took 20 minutes and if they were interested I would hear back from them within 2 weeks. 2 days later I get a call to come in for a person to person interview. Wish me luck!!

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me what the job duties of the crew scheduler?   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for Southwest?   Answer Question
    • How do you handle an irate customer?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview at a prearranged time, to go over the position in more detail and to ask a few questions about southwest my application and my background. Very easy process, and I spoke with a very friendly and helpful person. Only lasted about 10 minutes, before being asked to come to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest
      are you capable of completing the required duties of the position
      Describe the required duties of the position   2 Answers

CSA Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

I applied in march and two weeks later I had my phone interview . It lasted around 10 mins and went very well . Asked me a few questions about why SWA and also gave me some information on the company. The young lady conducting the interview let me know she will contact me in 48 hours if I was moving on with the hiring process so she can schedule me with for a F2F interview . The next day she called me and let me know I've been selected to move on . Two weeks after that I had my F2F it went great ! It was a one on one interview she asked me questions . Smiling and personality is the key to getting this job !!! It's also a plus to be knowledgeable about the company and it's values but be yourself !!

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

It's basically a 4 step process- resume- questioner- phone interview and face to face. I have just completed the phone and I got a call back for a f2f :)

Interview Questions

• How did you go above and beyond at one of your jobs? Something outside your scope of responsibility.   1 Answer

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Human Resources called to set up a phone interview and required me to submit a secondary application. The phone interview was scheduled for later that same week. Phone interview was very casual and friendly. Lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with safety procedures and protocol.   1 Answer

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Had a phone screen first where it was based on my resume. Know your resume really well. Then passed it and got flown out to Dallas. There I had 2 interviews one with HR and IT manager and another with 2 IT managers. Most of the question where behavioral questions. and how well you can work in a group

Interview Questions

• What are some problems you have had working in a group and how did you solve them. Don't stress about the questions there was very minimal questions. They just want to see if your a good fit just be yourself relax and have fun. know your resume well too.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

Interview

I applied for the internship position in October, heard back from SWA recruiter in December about a phone screening. Phone Screening happened in February followed by an in person interview in March. Accepted the offer a week later.

Maintenance Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Employee referrals help visibility immensely. Phone screen then face-to-face in Dallas. They like the culture, so tell them what they want to hear on behavioral questions, or else.
    They will definitely ask you Why Southwest and, for engineers, about projects on your resume.