Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Las Vegas, NV

2.7

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

i applied online. i would recommending making an online resume prior to opening of position on southwest.com/ careers. the position might be up for a couple days but i have heard if they have 6k applicants the first 600 will most likely get a call first and then the rest will be denied due to the fact they have enough people to interview ( speculation) so put the resume in ASAP.
    i got a phone interview and they asked me about my jobs and they asked a little about myself. the recruiter asked me if i was interested in a face to face 2 weeks from the call. i said yes and arrived 45 min early. i peaked my head through the interview room and she asked me if i needed help i told her that my interview time wasnt for another 45 min but i just wanted to make sure i knew where i was going so that im not late. ( the sparkle in her eyes told me that i was on the right track) she invited me in and said better early than late. lets start some paperwork.( do not be late they sent one guy home because he was 5 min late) they dont have time for that. when it was my time for the interview i sat in front of a recruiter and there was about 5 other interviews going on with other canidates but i wasnt able to hear their convos. the recruiter asked me about myself and then followed with some questions about my current job and why i wanted to leave. i told him i love my job but i feel southwest is a better fit for me and can offer me a better opportunity than my current employer. told them i love the family feel and the fact that everyone loves their job and i would love the opportunity to be a part of such a great company.next, was STAR questions. after he told me what a great man i am and gave me his daughters phone number. must have left an impression. jk. he then told me to go on to the next step and go get drug tested and fingerprinting. he cant tell you you got the position until they know you can pass both of those. 1 week later got the ok and was asked to join the next hiring class.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where you made a coworker or a customer smile? ( THEY LIKE A GOOD STORY)   2 Answers

Operations Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Went over my job history and asked several questions about why I chose southwest and what makes me a good candidate, still waiting to hear back from the interviewer and manager

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in February 2016.

Interview

Apply online, after the posting closes, receive a phone call or email asking to complete an online application. After you complete the application online, get a phone interview either on the spot or scheduled. After the phone interview they will either immediately schedule a f2f interview time or possibly call you back. My call came two days after phone interview to schedule f2f for following week. Interview was a panel type. A recruiter a trainer and a supervisor. Interview is a lot on the position making sure you understand the job description. They will go over your work history pretty extensively.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you went over and above for a customer. Name a time and how you resolved a conflict with a co worker   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

1) Submitted my resume and application online
    2) Within a couple days later I was emailed by a recruiter to complete some missing information (my full middle name) on my application and to give her a call back once I've done so.
    3) I called her back, but no answer so I left a voicemail. Still no reply, so I called back the next morning and she answered and wanting to schedule a phone interview later that afternoon.
    4) I completed the phone interview. It lasted about 10 minutes, she was sounded a little monotonous but I'm assuming it was because she was busy typing notes, reviewing my past work history and listening to my responses simultaneous. Due to other candidates, she said she would call back within a week with a decision.
    5) I received a call the following day and wanting to schedule a F2F interview in 2 days.
    6) F2F interview at the airport with 2 recruiters from the People Department, both gentlemen were really nice and welcoming; one of the least intimidating interviews i've been on, mostly because i did my homework as well and expected all of the questions.
    7) They had me wait outside my literally 1 minute and they came out with a decision to move me forward in the process and made it clear that it was not an "official" offer. They pointed me to the office where i get my fingerprints and badge information done. Also in the airport.
    8) This was a Friday and the lady doing my fingerprints said that they will get back to me early next week.
    9) Today is Monday and I got a call to schedule my drug testing.
    10) Now I wait on pins and needles for all of my background to come back. (Not too worried, but I've heard that the background check is pretty thorough and lengthy.)

**Overall the process was very fast compared to others that I have been reading; possibly due to the fact that I am a Veteran...? It's the waiting game that is ultimately the only hard part about the process, but definitely keeping my hopes up!

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?   1 Answer
    • A time you have dealt with an upset customer?   1 Answer
    • How you reacted to a co-worker who was unmotivated?   2 Answers
    • How do you have FUN on the job?   1 Answer
    • A time you went above and beyond for a customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone Interview April 21; Face 2 Face On May 6; Then Recieved A Letter Stating I Wasn't Choosen To Mov Foward But The Recruiters Stated I Was Definitely A Candidate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in March 2012.

Interview

Sent resume online via SWA website. Was sent an email with a date and time on when they would call. Received a phone call which consisted of prior experience, why Southwest, what the job entails, uniform sizes, salary, etc. Was not offered a f2f, but was told someone would be contacting me, either way, within 2 weeks. From everything I've read, if you're not offered the f2f during the phone interview, you probably won't be invited to the f2f. I'll wait and see if I get the, "Thanks, but no thanks!"

Interview Questions

• Interviewer kept asking if I was aware of what the job entailed!   2 Answers

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV) in May 2011.

Interview

Jovial, friendly, to the point basics of how what is to be expected of the position, and questions of how i would fit into the position and what it is that I have to offer

Interview Questions

• What is it that makes you different that would stand out for our customers   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was set at the beginning of what the rate pay would be, and there was room for discussion of how to eagerly advance within the company