Southwest Airlines Operations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Operations Agent Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

While I'm currently in the hiring process right now, it did not take long at all. I applied early in the morning one night (roughly 2am), and within 10 hours they called to schedule a phone interview the NEXT day. After the phone interview, they called back 30 minutes after and scheduled a f2f a week later. After the f2f interview which was 4 days ago, I was fingerprinted and asked to take a drug test (I assume this is good and I got the job because they were telling other people they would hear back from them in a few weeks where as for me they took me to the back and got me printed etc).

The interviews were very simple. As everyone pointed out, just be yourself. They're basic questions about your prior work history.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you go above and beyond to meet their expectations?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by F2F. Phone interview was not bad at all - just be yourself. F2F was very laid back. Again - be yourself. Southwest looks for an outgoing personality and someone who is in line with their company culture. Do your research.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenging confrontation by a customer - where were you and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Name one positive experience you had with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Online test, then a 15 minute phone interview. Final interview was hurried as if I was bothering interviewer and she was late for lunch. Dismissive, impersonal interview. Ops Agent was in interview as well, "helping". I think she said 9 words. Very unsatisfying interview. Ding Email arrived on Thanksgiving. Stay classy Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Same CSR questions as everywhere else.. name a time something went wrong, how did you handle it.. etc etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

i had my phone interview on 27th of sep 2016 for baltimore position,and after the phone interview i was informed that you are selected for face to face interview .i travelled to baltimore from chicago had my interview on 20th oct it was simple interview ,after the interview she took my id card and back ground consent form and informed me you will hear from us soon and mean while if you have any question you can check with the hr who is corresponding with you its almost 11th day i had my interview so far no update from them.

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview approximately 1 month after I submitted my application online. F2F interview 2 weeks later. F2F was with a SWA recruiter and Ops Agent Trainer. Dress business casual to professional and be yourself. Southwest hires for attitude, be positive and happy! Stress customer service, team, and reliability experience. Know company history and work it in to the interview. Above all you must have a very flexible work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?
      Specific experience with a difficult coworker and how you resolved it.
      Specific experience with a dissatisfied customer and how you resolved it.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO).

Interview

The interview process both by the over the phone recruiter and face to face recruiter in Denver was great. However, SWA has people in the HR (The People Department) that are contractors and these people go over the background check that was performed. There is a CONTRACTOR either in the SWA office or somewhere else named Taylor Privitt. This is the biggest jerk i have ever had to talk to . You talk to all these awesome people with SWA and then this guy gets you on the phone and really, the word jerk, is an understatement. In fact, it still amazes me that this person is allowed to work for such an upbeat company. Be careful what boxes you check on an application. I was retired from the FAA for 18 months, had a sole proprietorship business to keep busy WHEN I WANTED TO and this piece of work, really thinks he is doing the airline a favor, has NO intentions of listening to you whatsoever. I checked FULL TIME because I did it full time, which is when I wanted to. But these people can't wrap their head around anything but a standard definition of full time hours, and apply it as THEY see fit, not how the law reads.

The best thing about all of this, I didn't get a job at SWA for $13/hour.. I'm still working at my current employer for $25/hour plus my pension from the FAA so I'm making probably 3x what this idiot makes. I thought it would be great to work for them, and I still do. But the problem is with a contractor (who has barely any background in any type of personnel structure or dealing with people that have already had a career.. just look at his Linkedin account)... And to top it off, the recruiter even ordered up the drug test that I took.. I have a clean background check and no one there can be truthful as to why i didn't get an offer, after being GRILLED by this contractor who has no personal skills whatsoever. So if you get lucky to get far enough and then have the above named handle your application, chances are he is doing EVERYTHING HE POSSIBLY CAN to make sure you don't get a job.

I rated the overall great because everyone I dealt with that was with SWA was awesome! It was a CONTRACTOR that sucked!

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that had to be bumped off a flight and rebooked?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Easy and seamless process.. From application to offer, six weeks... Very nice staff and very open about job and company. Previous experience in aviation is helpful, as well as, experience in high stress positions... Be prepared to contact IRS if employment cannot be verified. Have transcripts for school available as well.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

Went over my job history and asked several questions about why I chose southwest and what makes me a good candidate, still waiting to hear back from the interviewer and manager

Anonymous Employee in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Oakland, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Very simplified and friendly was more like a friendly meeting. They basically went over questions from application to verify them. Process took a while to get to interview about one month.

Interview Questions

• How are you able to transition from your previous work environment to this environment?   1 Answer