Southwest Airlines Operations Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 8, 2017

2.3

27 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Operations Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in September 2017.

Interview

Applied online and after two days received an email to complete a long application form. Had to complete the online application by a pre-set and required due date. Also, got an email and voice message trying to set up an initial phone interview. The first phone call was less than one minute, just to set up an actual phone interview date/time. The second phone call began with a series of yes and no questions. They provide the salary upfront and want you to agree to it before any other interview questions are asked. The start salary was at $12/hour for the first 6 months and then salary would go up to $13/hour. I ended the process at this point since $12/hour is an extremely low salary!

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult or unexpected questions at this time in the interview process.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in September 2017.

Interview

When I arrived (be early), there was a gentleman who greeted me. He was an Ops. Agent, and asked if I had any questions about this job. It was good to talk to him while I waited for the interview (I had a very short wait). There was not a room full of people waiting with me for interviews (that was nice).

Interview Questions

• How would you handle having to talk to a very overweight person who would have to buy a second seat because of their size and inability to fit into regular seating?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Orange, CA).

Interview

2 weeks prior to applying online I received an invite for a phone interview. I had an overall good experience, phone interview was relaxed and the questions were pretty answerable.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Ana, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Santa Ana, CA) in July 2017.

Interview

I applied online on 6/27/17. Received a call on July 5 to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was July 10. It lasted approx 15 minutes. I was asked a lot of questions about the company and the position I'd be working. He also went over my current work history. I felt fairly confident that it went well, and he said he'd get back to me in a week or so. He called back 2 hours later to tell me they're going ahead with me. The FTF was scheduled for August 4 at the airport I'd be working at. My FTF interview was one on one and very easy. It lasted 30 minutes, but it was mostly him telling me about the position, the many hours of overtime you could work and the culture of Southwest. He said I'd hear back from them after they go through all the applicants which could take a few weeks.
    I left there feeling very confident that I did well.
    On August 22 I received a call that they're going ahead with me. I did my drug test (a urine sample) in L.A. on August 23 and they flew me to Oakland on August 24 to do fingerprinting. Now I'm officially in backgrounds and so excited!!

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

While I'm currently in the hiring process right now, it did not take long at all. I applied early in the morning one night (roughly 2am), and within 10 hours they called to schedule a phone interview the NEXT day. After the phone interview, they called back 30 minutes after and scheduled a f2f a week later. After the f2f interview which was 4 days ago, I was fingerprinted and asked to take a drug test (I assume this is good and I got the job because they were telling other people they would hear back from them in a few weeks where as for me they took me to the back and got me printed etc).

The interviews were very simple. As everyone pointed out, just be yourself. They're basic questions about your prior work history.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had a problem with a customer and how did you go above and beyond to meet their expectations?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

They called after applying online for Ops Agent, schedule a phone interview 2 weeks later and then a face to face 2 weeks after.... waiting to hear if hired or not

Interview Questions

• they asked about experience with previous jobs and seem to not want to get in the way of pursuing other passions   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview followed by F2F. Phone interview was not bad at all - just be yourself. F2F was very laid back. Again - be yourself. Southwest looks for an outgoing personality and someone who is in line with their company culture. Do your research.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were faced with a challenging confrontation by a customer - where were you and how did you resolve the issue?   Answer Question
    • Name one positive experience you had with a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Denver, CO) in November 2016.

Interview

Online test, then a 15 minute phone interview. Final interview was hurried as if I was bothering interviewer and she was late for lunch. Dismissive, impersonal interview. Ops Agent was in interview as well, "helping". I think she said 9 words. Very unsatisfying interview. Ding Email arrived on Thanksgiving. Stay classy Southwest.

Interview Questions

• Same CSR questions as everywhere else.. name a time something went wrong, how did you handle it.. etc etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

i had my phone interview on 27th of sep 2016 for baltimore position,and after the phone interview i was informed that you are selected for face to face interview .i travelled to baltimore from chicago had my interview on 20th oct it was simple interview ,after the interview she took my id card and back ground consent form and informed me you will hear from us soon and mean while if you have any question you can check with the hr who is corresponding with you its almost 11th day i had my interview so far no update from them.

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

Phone interview approximately 1 month after I submitted my application online. F2F interview 2 weeks later. F2F was with a SWA recruiter and Ops Agent Trainer. Dress business casual to professional and be yourself. Southwest hires for attitude, be positive and happy! Stress customer service, team, and reliability experience. Know company history and work it in to the interview. Above all you must have a very flexible work schedule.

Interview Questions

• Why SWA?
      Specific experience with a difficult coworker and how you resolved it.
      Specific experience with a dissatisfied customer and how you resolved it.   Answer Question