Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 28, 2017

2.6

26 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2017.

Interview

As an internal candidate I applied online on the day the window opened which was 07/13/17 and did not receive a call to be invited to a face to face interview until 08/11/17. I had no phone interview and was scheduled for f2f on 08/ 16/17. I had high hopes of transferring inflight but was called back with bad news on 08/25/17. Overall I wish the recruiter provided actual feedback if something needs to be worked on instead of being given the same excuse 3 of my coworkers received who were rejected as well. The f2f was supposed to be two people interviewing you but I only had one person. The first part consisted of yes or no questions they would have asked you over the phone and the second part consisted of situational questions. After all that you are then taken into a room that was a mock up of an aircraft where they make you walk up and down an aisle, sit in the flight attendant jumpseat and going in and out of an emergency exit. Also if you have any recognition awards, customer commendations and reccomendation letters now is the time to show them although it doesn't matter in the end when making a decision in extending an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you went above and beyond your job duties to help a fellow coworker.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you were working with a coworker who wasn't pulling their own weight and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • What is an area you can improve on at work? What is an area you can improve on in life?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the greatest challenge of being a flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • What is a flight attendant's main responsibility?   1 Answer
    • What would your brand be as a Southwest Flight Attendant?   Answer Question
    • How would you describe yourself? How would your managers describe you?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you dealt with an angry passenger and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Group setting phone call interview to begin with. Once you passed the phone interview invited to a group interview. Group interview you are asked additional questions went to in Phoenix az. Not hired

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would deal with an angry customer.   2 Answers

Passenger Service Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in December 2016.

Interview

She did not make me feel nervous at all. We communicated very well, she provided me with enough information that i needed. I answered her any questions. She was very opened and positive about Swissport Airline. Whats the process, the experience.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever worked at a Airline?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Extensive employment and address history. Phone interview. Basic questions. Interviewer seemed distracted. Could tell she was sick and tired of doing the interviews. Was somewhat frustrating to hear the blaze nature of her tone. Said I would hear in a week if I made it to a f2f interview. I have heard and seen most seem to get f2f interview offer right away. Hope that's not always the case.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and received an email a week later for a phone interview.

Phone interview went well was offered a f2f interview. I received a confirmation email for my f2f, got an email to update my profile.
    Arrived an hour early I was greeted with smiling faces, took selfies lol great environment.
    Had a one on one interview asked basic interview questions was told I would hear something in 7-10 days so just waiting to see if I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they sent an email with an application to fill out and return. Then I received a phone call in a few days. Scheduled a phone interview 2 times. the first scheduled interview, no one called me. I called the scheduler back, she said the recruiter had "previous engagements". umm then why did you schedule me for that day/time? Ok , so we rescheduled for 3 days later, no one called again! Now I'm starting to think, wow! they need to get their stuff together! I was not interested anymore, had a bad taste in my mouth. 3 days later I receive an email and a phone call with typos on it, stating we have yet to reach you, like it was my fault? Contact us by today at 9am, or it will be withdrawn. I received that email at 2pm lol. (that was the typo) I called them and told them how I canceled plans that I had for 2 days, not 1! For no one to call me. When I was sitting, waiting by the phone. I was disappointed to say the least, and not interested anymore in working for them. they apologized. My advice to you, if you really want to work for them, stay on top of them!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online was contacted for a phone interview then invited to a face to face interview the same day. The face to face interview took place and they told me they would contact me within 2-4 weeks. Is this turn around time normal?

Interview Questions

• How do you keep the work place fun?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in April 2015 and heard back around the same time the next year. I did my phone interview with one of the ladies. I recommend just keeping a smile on your face while you talk and try and make it fun. A few days later I was told that I was moving on to the f2f at the end of the week. My f2f was only with one amazingly nice lady. After a few more days I heard back about moving on and doing a drug test and background check. They are currently still working on my background.

Interview Questions

• -Why Southwest/flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • -A time you didn't get along or didn't approve of what a coworker did and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • - A time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on Southwest's website and was called by a third party recruiter within a week. She had me fill out a longer application & then did a phone interview with me on a Tuesday & I was moved to the next step for an in person interview that Thursday.

The interview wasn't hard, it's all very situation in seeing how you respond to questions. Are you conversational? Do you have fun while talking/engaging/etc. The interviewers make everyone feel comfortable & are great at making the interview seem fun.

The employees onsite are all SUPER friendly & make you feel very welcome.

There is a 6 month probationary period before you may "move about the company" but after that, "the sky's the limit."

For those wondering---this position pays $11.68/hr and they make it clear to you that you may not get the shifts you want, you can be expected to be called on your days off to work, there will be mandatory overtime, and lastly pay is non-negotiable since it's determined by the union contracts.

Good luck to those interviewing! Southwest is a great company! Unfortunately, I was unable to accept the offer due to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a disagreement? How did you handle it?
      Tell me about how you maintain perspective at work?
      Why do you want to work in a call center?
      What does hospitality mean to you?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question