Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in Phoenix, AZ

Updated Feb 13, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

I applied for the position then 2 weeks later a recruiter emailed me to see if I was still interested in the position. After I agreed I completed the phone interview 2 days later. After the phone interview I was contacted a few days later letting me know I made it to the next step which is the f2f interview which is coming up. The recruiter was friendly and the questions were typical interview questions.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in November 2016.

Interview

Extensive employment and address history. Phone interview. Basic questions. Interviewer seemed distracted. Could tell she was sick and tired of doing the interviews. Was somewhat frustrating to hear the blaze nature of her tone. Said I would hear in a week if I made it to a f2f interview. I have heard and seen most seem to get f2f interview offer right away. Hope that's not always the case.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time you gave good customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied and received an email a week later for a phone interview.

Phone interview went well was offered a f2f interview. I received a confirmation email for my f2f, got an email to update my profile.
    Arrived an hour early I was greeted with smiling faces, took selfies lol great environment.
    Had a one on one interview asked basic interview questions was told I would hear something in 7-10 days so just waiting to see if I get it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in July 2016.

Interview

I applied online, they sent an email with an application to fill out and return. Then I received a phone call in a few days. Scheduled a phone interview 2 times. the first scheduled interview, no one called me. I called the scheduler back, she said the recruiter had "previous engagements". umm then why did you schedule me for that day/time? Ok , so we rescheduled for 3 days later, no one called again! Now I'm starting to think, wow! they need to get their stuff together! I was not interested anymore, had a bad taste in my mouth. 3 days later I receive an email and a phone call with typos on it, stating we have yet to reach you, like it was my fault? Contact us by today at 9am, or it will be withdrawn. I received that email at 2pm lol. (that was the typo) I called them and told them how I canceled plans that I had for 2 days, not 1! For no one to call me. When I was sitting, waiting by the phone. I was disappointed to say the least, and not interested anymore in working for them. they apologized. My advice to you, if you really want to work for them, stay on top of them!

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online was contacted for a phone interview then invited to a face to face interview the same day. The face to face interview took place and they told me they would contact me within 2-4 weeks. Is this turn around time normal?

Interview Questions

• How do you keep the work place fun?   1 Answer

Flight Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied in April 2015 and heard back around the same time the next year. I did my phone interview with one of the ladies. I recommend just keeping a smile on your face while you talk and try and make it fun. A few days later I was told that I was moving on to the f2f at the end of the week. My f2f was only with one amazingly nice lady. After a few more days I heard back about moving on and doing a drug test and background check. They are currently still working on my background.

Interview Questions

• -Why Southwest/flight attendant?   Answer Question
    • -A time you didn't get along or didn't approve of what a coworker did and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    • - A time you went above and beyond for a coworker   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied on Southwest's website and was called by a third party recruiter within a week. She had me fill out a longer application & then did a phone interview with me on a Tuesday & I was moved to the next step for an in person interview that Thursday.

The interview wasn't hard, it's all very situation in seeing how you respond to questions. Are you conversational? Do you have fun while talking/engaging/etc. The interviewers make everyone feel comfortable & are great at making the interview seem fun.

The employees onsite are all SUPER friendly & make you feel very welcome.

There is a 6 month probationary period before you may "move about the company" but after that, "the sky's the limit."

For those wondering---this position pays $11.68/hr and they make it clear to you that you may not get the shifts you want, you can be expected to be called on your days off to work, there will be mandatory overtime, and lastly pay is non-negotiable since it's determined by the union contracts.

Good luck to those interviewing! Southwest is a great company! Unfortunately, I was unable to accept the offer due to pay.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you faced a disagreement? How did you handle it?
      Tell me about how you maintain perspective at work?
      Why do you want to work in a call center?
      What does hospitality mean to you?
      Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2016.

Interview

I was contacted on a Friday for a phone interview the following Monday. I was asked to do a 10 year application leaving no gaps in time. On Monday Maja, the interviewer called and was very rushed and short in her questions. She even challenged me on the scenario I gave of an example of a time when I provided exceptional customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you gave exceptional customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in February 2016.

Interview

Maja was Easy to talk too. Patient and kind. She was helpful with any questions I had and was a very nice person. The interview was easy for me because I want this to be my career for the rest of my life. I was honest and punctual.

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Phoenix, AZ) in September 2015.

Interview

I applied on Sept 21, 2015 and SWA called me on Sept 22 to schedule an Interview for Sept 24. At the interview there was 280 people. SWA team leaders review your application to make sure there are no employment GAPS. If there are you will be dismissed. You must bring your HS diploma. SWA takes your photo with your phone and submit it on twitter this optional. Team leader have a presentation about the position and answer any questions until your name is called. This can take up to 4hrs. I arrived at 11am and waited until 2pm for my interview. If you are chosen after the interview the SWA rep will send you to a room to get a drug test and finger print. This mean you are in the hiring process.
    There were only a few of us in that room. After all 280. SWA only hired 50 peoples including me. I was so excited this is my dream job. I been trying since I was 18 to get hired at SWA. I'm almost hitting 40. Now I'm just waiting to be called to fly to Dallas for 4week Training class.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SWA? Any conflict with a coworker and how did you resolve it? How do you celebrate success? Have you work with dual screens? What are your skills in multi-tasking? What have you learned about this CSR position from SWA online? What is the hardest job you ever done? Do you have any exp in Ms word/Excel/Powerpoint etc....? Name a time when you had to multi task on a job was it airline related?   1 Answer