Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated May 24, 2017

2.4

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quick and to the point. Lasted about 15 minutes. Next step in process is face-to-face interview. Asked several behavioral questions and specific job duty questions that relate to ramp agent position.

Interview Questions

• Asked brief behavioral questions and about specific job duties of position.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

I applied a short time ago, and received an email two days ago followed by a call. This was to confirm my phone interview! Im soexcited! Does anyone knows the next steps after this?

Interview Questions

• Are you free for a phone interview?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in April 2017.

Interview

I made it passed the phone interview and then had my face to face. It was 2 interviewers. One was from HR and the other was a ramp supervisor. I thought I did very well. I was in there for over an hour so I think that is a good sign. If anyone knows if a long interview is good please let me know. They will tell me in 2-3 weeks if I will make it to the next step

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied online, received a phone call from there Arizona HQ about a week later. Scheduled a phone interview for two days later. Basic HR questions, very friendly recruiter. Brief conversation, about 15 mins, ended it with they'd call if they wanted a face to face. Got the call the next day and have the interview this Friday. Only negative is the online application itself, more or less a pain to fill it out if you're a student.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview at a prearranged time, to go over the position in more detail and to ask a few questions about southwest my application and my background. Very easy process, and I spoke with a very friendly and helpful person. Only lasted about 10 minutes, before being asked to come to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest
      are you capable of completing the required duties of the position
      Describe the required duties of the position
      2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Human Resources called to set up a phone interview and required me to submit a secondary application. The phone interview was scheduled for later that same week. Phone interview was very casual and friendly. Lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with safety procedures and protocol.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH).

Interview

interviewed by a ramp supervisor, HR person, and a senior ramp agent. Each of them asked me different questions about my background and why I applied for a position at Southwest

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and 70 lbs occasionally as this is a main part of the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to Ramp Agent for Southwest BWI on 02/14/17 and 02/15/17 because they had two separate job postings. I got a call to schedule my phone interview where they recruiters scheduled them for the same day, which was Friday 02/17/17. They didn't notice until it was time for my interview and the first recruiter which was a male told me that they would just omit the second interview because its no need to be interviewed twice for the same position. That was Friday, that Monday 02/20/17 I checked my email and wasn't selected to move on in the hiring process. Tuesday 02/21/17 I received a call from the second recruiter who was a female and originally supposed to interview me other the phone. She scheduled another interview for the next day, she ended up not calling Wednesday and called Thursday. The interview went well I got a call Monday stating that I was selected for a F2F which is scheduled for March 14th.... So I still have my fingers crossed that I do well on the F2F!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with the job requirements of this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable lifting between 50 and 80 lbs?   4 Answers