Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.4

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Nashville, TN) in September 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was straightforward and to the point. I was asked a series of Yes/No questions and was given a general overview of the position and what the position entails.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Newark, NJ) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online back in may 2017 I finally heard something back Aug. 2017. I had forgot i applied for this position. I received an email from a recruiter on 8/2 stating i will receive my phone interview between 8/3 -8/8. 8/4 was my over the phone interview which was straight to the point. The same day received an email for my F2F interview for 8/9. I arrived early at EWR 45 mins early & walked in 20 mins early. My interview was great with Carlos once again straight to the point. The next day 8/10 I received a call telling me that i impressed my interviewer and will be selected to move along in the hiring process. 8/11 I received an email from Sterling asking to verify my education. 8/14 received the same email from Sterling about my education. I also received another call from Chicago (MWD) telling me the same as before that SWA selected me to moved along in the hiring process & wanted to set up my Drug Test. An hour passed while i was studying my airport codes i received an email from the same lady about calling for my drug test. i went back to studying another hour goes by i received a call from a local number asking can she schedule me to come into the airport to do my paperwork & fingerprints. I am schedule to do so 8/15 at 7:30am . I called the drug test number i'm scheduled to take that 8/16 the place is an hour from my house. Now im back to studying WISH ME LUCK!!!

Interview Questions

• tell us about a time you had an employee that didn't see eye to eye with you   20 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD).

Interview

The interview itself was easy. I researched the company in advance. First was a phone interview then a in person interview. The longest part was waiting for the background check. Process to begin. It took about 3-4 weeks to get the email about the background check, which was done within a few days.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Southwest?   1 Answer
    • What makes you think you are ready for this demanding position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was silky smooth, he was a veteran just like I was ... he really made the interview process comfortable, I wanted to jump out the room when I was informed that I would be moving on to the hiring process , did my fingerprints, got my background check started which will be a breeze because I have no record , and I take my urine test tomorrow... Be yourself , be motivated to be a part of the SWA family and remember, have a warriors spirit , servants heart and a fun luving attitude ... u you need it to be successful at it , I can't wait to get started

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in July 2017.

Interview

The phone interview was a breeze. I was then offered a face to face interview for the following week. They asked basic questions like why southwest and why should we hire you. I go in for my interview tomorrow wish me luck!

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in July 2017.

Interview

Initial apply
    Phone interview (employee history for the past 5y)
    F2F
    If passed on finger prints and drug test
    Background check
    Hire date
    Training
    The process was very long but the hiring staff are literally the best.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just got a call from Southwest this past Tuesday for a phone interview on Wednesday 5th next week. what should I expect about the questions? what do they ask?

Anonymous Employee in Raleigh, NC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Raleigh, NC) in May 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quick and to the point. Lasted about 15 minutes. Next step in process is face-to-face interview. Asked several behavioral questions and specific job duty questions that relate to ramp agent position.

Interview Questions

• Asked brief behavioral questions and about specific job duties of position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (East Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview pretty straight forward no curve balls the next day recruiter called in for F2F ever since then still haven't heard from the senior recruiter about an offer.