Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated Feb 12, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH).

Interview

interviewed by a ramp supervisor, HR person, and a senior ramp agent. Each of them asked me different questions about my background and why I applied for a position at Southwest

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and 70 lbs occasionally as this is a main part of the job.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online jan 17 a few days later received a call that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day lasted about 15/20 mins, was asked simple background questions and maybe 3 behavioral questions. Was told that i will receive another call next week if i was moving foward in the hiring process. That monday they called and said they would like to now schedule a face to face interview which ill take tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied in August 2016, received my first phone interview 3 months later, it was very easy: mainly yes or no questions, took about 30minutes or less. The same day They set me up for a F2F a week later. The Interview went well and they told me they were gonna moved me to the next step which it was the drug test and the background check which took at least a month...

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SW?   1 Answer
    • Please tell us about when or when you have to work or deal with a problematic coworker/guest...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online then a week later I did a phone interview. About 3 days after that I received a phone call telling me I'm moving foward in the hiring process which is the F2F which was a week after that. The face to face was easy as long as smile and on your game you'll get the Job. I was told at the f2f that I'll be moving foward again in the process which was the finger printing and Drug test that was done on the same day. Also did my badging app the same day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

The interview was very fast, probably 3 minutes. I think the white lady that does interviews for Southwest in Oakland, already judged me. She only asked me 2 questions, why Southwest and what makes u qualified for this job. I told her I have experience on the Ramp, and she says "oh I didn't really look at your application." So, I already knew I wasn't getting hired. She was also giving me dirty looks, like I was a thug or something, asking me do you think you're fit for this job. But, I talked to the other guy giving interviews and he was cool. Stay away from the White lady at the Southwest Oakland, Ca office.

Interview Questions

• Why Southwest and what makes u qualified for this job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in September 2016.

Interview

Felt like I was being judged from the moment I walked in. Interviewed by 2 female ramp agents who were trying to discourage me from working there. Talked down on my work experience. Told me that she didn't think I was cut out dmfir the job. Didn't tell me one good thing about the position or the job in general, all negatives.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

i applied online. i would recommending making an online resume prior to opening of position on southwest.com/ careers. the position might be up for a couple days but i have heard if they have 6k applicants the first 600 will most likely get a call first and then the rest will be denied due to the fact they have enough people to interview ( speculation) so put the resume in ASAP.
    i got a phone interview and they asked me about my jobs and they asked a little about myself. the recruiter asked me if i was interested in a face to face 2 weeks from the call. i said yes and arrived 45 min early. i peaked my head through the interview room and she asked me if i needed help i told her that my interview time wasnt for another 45 min but i just wanted to make sure i knew where i was going so that im not late. ( the sparkle in her eyes told me that i was on the right track) she invited me in and said better early than late. lets start some paperwork.( do not be late they sent one guy home because he was 5 min late) they dont have time for that. when it was my time for the interview i sat in front of a recruiter and there was about 5 other interviews going on with other canidates but i wasnt able to hear their convos. the recruiter asked me about myself and then followed with some questions about my current job and why i wanted to leave. i told him i love my job but i feel southwest is a better fit for me and can offer me a better opportunity than my current employer. told them i love the family feel and the fact that everyone loves their job and i would love the opportunity to be a part of such a great company.next, was STAR questions. after he told me what a great man i am and gave me his daughters phone number. must have left an impression. jk. he then told me to go on to the next step and go get drug tested and fingerprinting. he cant tell you you got the position until they know you can pass both of those. 1 week later got the ok and was asked to join the next hiring class.

Interview Questions

• tell me a situation where you made a coworker or a customer smile? ( THEY LIKE A GOOD STORY)   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

The phone interview was as expected, the interviewer was a nice woman in Dallas who asked a lot about my work history for the past decade then about a week later I had my in person interview. I was a nervous reck but they moved me along in the process. I did my fingerprints that day at the office and drug screening same day (you have 48 hrs) at a off site 3rd party place. I think the people I've met at southwest are seriously some of the nicest people I have ever met lol, not saying much coming from the US Marines and several other mostly military personnel filled positions. I have not gotten a offer yet because I am still in the background check phase but hopeful!
    The interview process is great, the background checks are thorough. Very Very Very Thorough. lol

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I was called for an interview and it was very easy. I was called back and asked to do a mandatory drug test and background check and after I passed both I was called back and offered a full time job. I had to travel to Dallas TX for a week long training.