Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2017

2.4

117 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I applied the mid November then a email 2 days later I received an email to complete the application and fill in all the gaps and don't leave anything out and 2 days later I did my phone interview which lasted 30 min going over my work history the recruiter said I would know there decision by the end of the week I got a phone call 2 days later saying I will be moving to the the f2f interview I set the date then they called 2 days later saying that they will no longer be interviewing due to internal movement. then I got a phone 3 days later saying there was change and they have good news and they will be due interviews mine was Dec 8 the recruiter was super nice easy to talk to said if I was chosen they will call me in a week ..I got the phone for fingerprints and background and if all went well I will get my call with a start date n I received good news saying I'm hired I got my start date the end of January

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Ramp Agent Interview

Interview

Easy interview, did mine alone with two managers. They asked alot of questions about past jobs. After interview was over they finger printed me and told me to wait for a call. They called to set up training about two weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to work mandatory overtime?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (East Boston, MA) in June 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview pretty straight forward no curve balls the next day recruiter called in for F2F ever since then still haven't heard from the senior recruiter about an offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in June 2017.

Interview

I just got a call from Southwest this past Tuesday for a phone interview on Wednesday 5th next week. what should I expect about the questions? what do they ask?

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What are the basic requirements to work for this position?   1 Answer
    • Asks about your resume and recent jobs.   Answer Question
    • Why Skywest?   1 Answer
    • Can you bend, lift, stand, twist up to 70 pounds?   2 Answers
    • Can you be able to travel up to 2 weeks for training possibly in another state?   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in August 2010.

Interview

Simple. Show personality and the ability to be a team player, you're in. I;m sure you think I'm over diluting it but, no. They are looking to do more with less and a "can do attitude" will get you in.

Interview Questions

• Tell me an example of how you've given internal customer service   Answer Question

Negotiation

union

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2015.

Interview

I received a call for a phone interview from a recruiter roughly a week after submitting an online application. I did however receive an email a few days before from a different recruiter asking me to fill out an online application for the Ramp Agent position. When I received the call, the recruiter started interviewing me for the wrong position. The interview was supposed to be for the Ramp Agent position, but I was being asked questions regarding a Customer Service Agent position. I informed the recruiter that I never applied for the Customer Service Agent position and he said, "Oops, give me a minute to get the correct job description". -.- How unprofessional are these recruiters? I clearly mentioned at the beginning of the interview I was surprised I heard so soon after applying for the Ramp Agent position, but apparently the recruiter wasn't listening. Another situation I noticed is that the recruiter had not read my resume at all before hand; he was going through the provided application I submitted online while I was explaining my background.

The interview consisted of questions such as, "Why Southwest?", "What is your previous work experience?", "Can you tell me what you know about the Ramp Agent position?", and "Are you okay with working in various weather conditions, carrying 70 pounds, and being payed $10.28 per hour for the first six months?" I was not asked any behavioral questions.

The online application does not fit a lot of information, I had no room to fill in all of my college adduction, high school education, previous jobs, and my current job. I do currently work for Delta as a Ramp Agent, and I don't think the recruiter liked hearing that. The tone of his voice changed from a somewhat preppy sound to a more annoyed sound after I mentioned my current work with Delta. The recruiter did say that he has a few more days of phone interviews and he will call me back in a few days. The key note for this interview compared to other phone interviews I have had with Southwest is that the recruiter specifically said, "I will call you back". Unfortunately, it has been about 5 days and so far no call back. The recruiter also specifically said, "Call me if you have any further questions regarding the Ramp Agent position". I did try calling him so I could ask a question but he did not pick up. I left a voicemail and so far I have heard no response.

Overall, this was once again a negative phone interview experience with Southwest Airlines. It seems many of the recruiters lack organization and do not return calls. Besides for my experience in working for a competitor airline, I'm not sure why I would not be chosen for a F2F. I was not given a chance to talk very much, the recruiter spent most of the time talking about the position and reading my application out loud. Any questions I were asked I could not give a somewhat long response answer because the recruiter kept interrupting to either ask a new question or to describe the job more in detail. At the end of the phone interview when he asked if I had any other questions was the only other opportunity I was given to talk more about me and to better answer his questions. However, to no surprise the recruiter interrupted and said if I have no other questions then that's all he has.

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2015.

Interview

I was emailed to do a phone interview, once I did the interview they said I would hear from within a week. The next day I was called to schedule a F2F. Had my F2F also did my drug test and background. Just waiting on start date

Anonymous Employee in Bwi Airport, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Bwi Airport, MD) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied about a month or two ago and I had the telephone interview and it went well but unfortunately I received an email saying they already made the decision and it wasn't in my favor. Needless to say I didn't give up, I applied two more times and I received an email asking me to fill out my employment history and I did that immediately and then some lady emailed me asking me if I would be interested in a interview and of course I was. So today I went for the interview and I had a ok time it was just a normal interview and I answered all the questions as profoundly as possible lol. So me and the interviewer hit it off had some fun she told me she would let me know after 2weeks when they do my background check. I believe I got th job! It was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Am I willing to work any shift? Shifts are based on seniority so you do not get to make your own schedule but you are required to show up for all shifts.   6 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Chicago, IL) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online, received an email from a contact out of state instructing me to complete a secondary application online within 48 hrs. Then I quickly received a phone call for a phone interview. I declined 40 seconds in to the call because the starting rate is 10.24 per hour and you do not have the option to not join the union.

Interview Questions

• Would you be interested in this position?   1 Answer