Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Ramp Agent Interview Questions

Updated Apr 13, 2017

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Was interview with two people for the ramp position. They told me the job was very hard and you had to work in any type of weather condition. You had to be able to lift 50 pound and over. May work overtime when needed.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working for this company. Have you ever work for a airline before?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Austin, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Very difficult stressful. W2's, phone interview, Face to face, pee test, hearing test, background check, safety test. I loved the people interviewing me. I liked them very much. Just wished I applied for a customer service job. Would have been better fit for me.

Interview Questions

• Can you handle physical job   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines.

Interview

I did a f2f interview on Tuesday, it's now Thursday. They said they'll be getting back to me within a week. Hopefully I get in :) I applied at the Fort Lauderdale location.

They are looking to hire 50 part time Ramp agents.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

Human Resources called to set up a phone interview and required me to submit a secondary application. The phone interview was scheduled for later that same week. Phone interview was very casual and friendly. Lasted 10-15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Was asked about my experience with safety procedures and protocol.   1 Answer

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in February 2017.

Interview

Interview was cool. Starts with phone interview. Once that is complete the set you up for in person. In person is Short and to the point. Back ground check takes forever. Took about a month in 1/2 before it was complete.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No Negotiations

Ramp Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines in March 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview at a prearranged time, to go over the position in more detail and to ask a few questions about southwest my application and my background. Very easy process, and I spoke with a very friendly and helpful person. Only lasted about 10 minutes, before being asked to come to a face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for southwest
      are you capable of completing the required duties of the position
      Describe the required duties of the position
      2 Answers

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Baltimore, MD) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to Ramp Agent for Southwest BWI on 02/14/17 and 02/15/17 because they had two separate job postings. I got a call to schedule my phone interview where they recruiters scheduled them for the same day, which was Friday 02/17/17. They didn't notice until it was time for my interview and the first recruiter which was a male told me that they would just omit the second interview because its no need to be interviewed twice for the same position. That was Friday, that Monday 02/20/17 I checked my email and wasn't selected to move on in the hiring process. Tuesday 02/21/17 I received a call from the second recruiter who was a female and originally supposed to interview me other the phone. She scheduled another interview for the next day, she ended up not calling Wednesday and called Thursday. The interview went well I got a call Monday stating that I was selected for a F2F which is scheduled for March 14th.... So I still have my fingers crossed that I do well on the F2F!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Southwest?   Answer Question
    • Are you familiar with the job requirements of this position?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable lifting between 50 and 80 lbs?   4 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online jan 17 a few days later received a call that they wanted to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was the next day lasted about 15/20 mins, was asked simple background questions and maybe 3 behavioral questions. Was told that i will receive another call next week if i was moving foward in the hiring process. That monday they called and said they would like to now schedule a face to face interview which ill take tomorrow.

Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Albany, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied in Dec of 2016, got called for a phone interview in Jan of 2017, after the phone interview, was given the opportunity to have a F2F interview, it was scheduled for Feb 2017. The interview was quick and easy 30 minutes or so. They told me that they were going to get back to me with in a week, the interview was on a Friday, they called me the following Monday, told me that they were going to proceed in the hiring process. Next up is the drug test and the background check. They give you 48 hrs to complete the drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Manchester, NH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Manchester, NH).

Interview

interviewed by a ramp supervisor, HR person, and a senior ramp agent. Each of them asked me different questions about my background and why I applied for a position at Southwest

Interview Questions

• I was asked if I would be able to lift 50 lbs on a regular basis and 70 lbs occasionally as this is a main part of the job.   1 Answer