Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Interview Questions in San Francisco, CA

Updated Dec 8, 2016

2.0

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online through indeed.com. A month later recevied a phone call for a short phone interview. Questions regarding my past work experience, customer service questions, and what the pay and hours would be. After that she invited me to come in for a interview the next day. When I got there it was only me and her, we went over my job experience again and more customer service questions. This is my 2nd interview with Southwest so I knew what to expect, and having customer service experience I answered the questions with no problem. After the interview she said she still has other interviews and I would find out either way it went. Judging from other peeople interviews on here and my own past interview I've learned that most likely that means a thanks but no thanks. Seems like if they want to hire you they go ahead with a background check and drug test that day. So I won't be holding my breath for that rejection email.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever delt with an upset customer and how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied Online March 30th and received a reply from a recruiter on April 6th. He forwarded a form that has you account for 10 years of employment, unemployment, whatever the case may be. But all 10 years have to be accounted for. It's primarily for the Federal background check. A hint is that if it comes up in your taxes of who paid you, you have to list it, even though it might just be for a month or years. Once he received it, he looked it over and requested certain items be refined to be completely accurate. I had a few opportunities to make sure it was complete. After that, I was interviewed for about 15 mins. Very casual conversation. Just be yourself and don't stress. After that, he said he didn't have to think about it that he was going to push me through for my F2F interview which is for the next day. So, we'll see how it turns out from here.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online in early November 2015. Approximately 2 weeks after I was contacted by a recruiter to schedule an over the phone interview. She also asked me to fill out additional information online. The phone interview was brief. She went over requirements for the position and also went over my work history. She asked a few customer service related questions and told me I'd be contacted within a few days later. 2 days later I received a call from her to schedule a face to face interview. The interview was 1 week later. I met with 2 ladies, one from the people department and one from the station I am applying for. I am waiting to hear back from them now.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you had to work with a coworker that you didn't agree with.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

Applied online, maybe a month later got an email asking to send resume and the best phone number to be reached at. The next morning I got a phone call with simple questions about my past work experience, why Southwest, and what do customer service agents do... I'm guessing to see if you know about the position you applied for. After that she said she would give me a call in a week to let me know because she had other interviews to do but to my surprise she called me back in a couple of hours to set up a F2F interview. The interview was for the following week and I had to bring my drivers license, social security card and GED. Was a one on one interview but there was the manager sitting in the room from the airport you would be working at. Was a little nervous because she didn't ask question but she looked at you the whole time while you answered questions. Once again simple questions like why Southwest, the time you had to deal with an angry customer, and the time you went out your way to help a co worker. She also went over my work experience again. Interview only lasted about 10mins, she then made copies of my papers and let me know either way if I got the job or not I would receive a email or a phone call letting me know. They held interviews the day before and would be doing it all day that day so nobody got a straight yes or no, its just a wait and see. Either a rejection email or a email asking you to come in for fingerprints and drug test. So now I just sit and wait and hope for the best. I want the job but so do 100s of other people. I have no idea how many people they want and what kinda people they are looking for.

Interview Questions

• I guess the only unexpected question was what was my weakness.. I had to really stop and think about it   Answer Question

Ramp Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied for a position at SFO and got an e-mail the next week saying they will be conducting phone interviews the next day up until 6 weeks so give it some time. I then got a call the 2nd day after the e-mail and the lady asked me (see interview questions below). All in all very professional and funny too. Didn't really ask me too many questions because I worked for airline somewhat like Southwest for 4 years basically doing the same thing they do but the planes I worked on were a lot bigger. I think if you like to workout, I think this is the job for you because you are basically getting paid to workout.Got a call for face to face interview in 2 weeks so hopefully it goes well. Wish me luck!

Interview Questions

• What are the basic requirements to work for this position?   1 Answer
    • Asks about your resume and recent jobs.   Answer Question
    • Why Skywest?   1 Answer
    • Can you bend, lift, stand, twist up to 70 pounds?   2 Answers
    • Can you be able to travel up to 2 weeks for training possibly in another state?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (San Francisco, CA) in January 2011.

Interview

You apply online, you go through a phone interview then you are scheduled for a in-person interview. They will take your finger prints, drug test you and then send off for your background check. You have to provide your employment history for the past 10 years. If you pass all of that then you will receive an offer over the phone from one of their recruiters.

Interview Questions

• Will you have a issue with not taking any time off or calling out during your first 6 months of probation?   Answer Question

Negotiation

When they say flexible hours they definitely mean it. You are at the bottom of the totem pole so you will receive the hours no one wants. Most likely those are evenings and weekends. Sometimes you will even have to work mandatory shifts (2 shifts in one day). 16 hour days are common during your 6 months of probation.