Southwest Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Senior Analyst Interview Questions

2.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in September 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview to discuss background, experience, resume and why I want to become a part of Southwest Airlines. In person interview consisted of meeting with five managers in my future department and an HR representative, then a presentation to the group I would eventually be working with. This presentation is typically in front of 5-10 people, others have been in front of 25+. Second in-person interview was with the group lead and group manager to further discuss experience, interests, expectations and get a feel for personality. This was the most laid back interview and the candidate basically leads this interview and is the time to iron out questions and other issues. Salary is never discussed until the offer is mad.

Interview Questions

• What is the most difficult situation you have handled in the workplace and how did you overcome it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Several back and forth conversations on salary. Offered a higher salary, grade and title than I originally applied for based on experience and education.

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process is very laid back. Rather than a typical Q&A format, the interview is a conversation and may not go the direction you think it will. Southwest is very big about making sure an applicant's personality will fit into the unique culture of Southwest. Using specific examples of how you exhibit a Servant's Heart, Warrior Spirit, and Fun-Luving attitude are key!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about something someone has said about you that you believe is untrue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

I applied online and 2 weeks later got a call from the recruiter and set up a phone screening. After the phone screening, I got an invitation to fly to Dallas for a panel interview. They flew me up there from Houston and I had my interview with 2 of the people on the team and the recruiter. They were all very pleasant, and after that, I flew back on the same day. After the interview, I didn't hear back in over 2 weeks which led me to correctly conclude that they weren't interested in following up with me. Sure enough, 2 weeks and 2 days after my in person interview, they sent me an email telling me I didn't get picked to proceed further.