Southwest Airlines Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 14, 2017

3.3

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in August 2010.

Interview

Had to describe the projects that I worked on and also write java code on the white board along with explanation of design.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Enquire what others are making and be flexible if you plan to ask at the very high end of the range/

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Applied online. Took over a month to be called back for HR screen. Then another month to talk to a solution architect. Was then brought to the HDQ to interview with a tech lead, their manager and technology manager.

onsite it became clear they were looking for a hands on team lead vs a senior engineer that will grow into a team lead so it felt like a bit of a waste of time. Also there seemed to be some issue going on that was distracting everyone and so I felt somewhat dismissed.

It was disappointing as I love Southwest as a customer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in February 2012.

Interview

HR recruiter reached me for an updated resume. After an HR screening, an onsite interview was arranged. 4 people including HR and hiring manger and future colleagues panel interview. No technical questions but most behaviour questions. Finally I found that they just wanted to hire AA layoffed people instead of me without any airling experience. Everybody was friendly. But HR was kind of unprefessional. Overall process was a good one.

Interview Questions

• What can you see urself in future 5 years?   1 Answer