Southwest Airlines Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Software Engineer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, with employee referral. Then, I was contacted by the university recruiter and had a brief phone call where I was asked some behavioral questions. Afterwards, I was invited to come to their campus for an onsite group interview with my recruiter and 2 team leaders in my field, and I had to submit a Why Southwest essay and 2 recommendation letters prior to the interview (I only submitted the Why Southwest essay, no recommendation letters). This interview lasted an hour and consisted of some simple data structure and programming questions along with some behavioral questions. Everyone was extremely friendly and I was excited to intern at Southwest. A few days later I got a call with an offer!

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Sent in application and then got an email form a recruiter asking for available time for an interview and a copy of my resume. During the phone interview I had asked the interview to repeat two questions because i could not hear or understand the interviewer. For one of the questions, the interviewer said in a very quiet voice, "Oh, maybe you don't know that yet." and that one one of the questions I could not hear the interviewer at all. The interviewer quickly went to the next question after saying that. I felt that i did not go to the next phase because of that question.

Interview Questions

• (could not hear or understand the question)   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Phone screen then flown out for in person interview. No coding. When they say they will get back to you in a certain timeframe they mean it. You'll never be left wondering if you will be moving forward or not.

Interview Questions

• Be yourself and have fun. They want you for who you are, not necessarily your expertise. They know they can mold the right person and teach you what you don't know.   Answer Question