Southwest Airlines Technical Writer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Southwest Airlines Technical Writer Interview Questions

3 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Writer () Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Phone interview was followed by in person interview a month later. Applied online as per usual. Phone interview was mainly a review of my resume, also went over why I wanted to work there. Had the opportunity to ask questions, felt that this was the most important aspect of the process. Was contacted for an in person interview and flown to Dallas 2 days later. Interview was easy, mainly a repeat of the phone interview but with the actual department manager not just the HR rep. Only confusing bit was an awkward moment when I was offered a glass of water, the hiring manager got the cup and filled it with water while I stood by. Maybe it was some sort of HR psyop technique? Anyways interview was a breeze, just made my self as friendly and fun LUVing as possible.

Interview Questions

• Would you like a glass of water?
    Why do you want to work here?
    What is your prior experience?
    Do you understand what this position is?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Southwest Airlines

Technical Writer/ Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in June 2013.

Interview

After submitting a resume online, a recruiter called me for a brief conversation about my college experience and why I wanted to work for Southwest. He followed up with a second phone call requesting I come in for a face-to-face interview, where the recruiter facilitated the 45-minute interview with the department head. I took an editing test (the position requires knowledge of editing marks, proofreading, and grammar) in a separate room after the interview, and heard back from the Company a month later. The process is very seamless, but few people get called back. If the phone rings from Southwest, answer it.

Interview Questions

• What was your most difficult college course?   1 Answer

Technical Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Southwest Airlines (Dallas, TX) in May 2011.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. The next interview was meeting with three Southwest Airline employees. Everyone was as nice as they could be. Turns out after finding out more about the job, it wasn't the right job for me. However, they seem to be a great company!