Sovereign Bancorp Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sovereign Bancorp Interview Questions

2.5

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp.

Interview

I applied online. They sent me a link to a questionnaire. After that few days later, they sent another link to another questionnaire. Few days later, I was asked to come in for final interview with the Branch Manager.
    Tip: The online questionnaires are the most important. Final interview is just a formality. Take them seriously.

Interview Questions

• Questionaire question: You see something inappropriate happen in your workplace. Do you:
      a: Ignore it.
      b: Tell your coworker.
      c: Tell your immediate supervisor.
      d: Tell your supervisor's boss.
      1 Answer

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp (New York, NY).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was called by HR. A phone interview was done. I was invited to meet the DM. They liked me. The same day I interviewed with the DM they sent me to a potential branch to meet the BM. They liked me. 2 days later I got a call back from HR who offered me the position. I didn't like the salary so we negotiated. (I got the salary I wanted)

Interview Questions

• What can you tell me about Santander?
      Tell me about a difficult sale and how did you over come it?
      Its a slow day tell me what you would do to generate business for yourself?
      Answer Question

Teller Position Interview Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp (Boston, MA).

Interview

i applied online and received an email after few days. The recruiter asked me to give her a call. I answered couple questions then had one-on-one interview the following week

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp.

Interview

Interviewed with them a few years ago, overall not a particularly difficult interview. That being said, the interview process are different for different groups.

Branch Operations Manager Interview

Interview

Statndard interview process, but focused on retantion

Interview Questions

Interview

process was easy very well communicated

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very productive

Personal Banker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2013.

Interview

Got the interview through a recruiter (friend of a friend). Brief phone call with him, but he was unsure of which position I was best suited for, so he scheduled an interview with a manager to see if he had any openings.

Was at the office for a grand total of 4 minutes. When I went to the office, it was empty except for two employees. There was no reception and the door was locked so I had to knock. The manager seemed a bit confused, and I told him a recruiter had scheduled an interview with us. He asked for my resume, read it over, and asked what job I wanted. I explained that I was looking for a good entry level position, preferably one that did not involve sales. He said that I should look into a personal banker position, but that the hiring manager was out of the office. He sent her an e-mail, told me I'd hear back next week (I never did). I was then sent on my way.

Overall- very unprofessional and poorly prepared. After what happened, I didn't follow up because I had zero interest in working for a company like that.

Interview Questions

• What position are you looking for?
      Do you have a copy of your resume?
      Answer Question

Senior Personal Banking Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp (Boston, MA).

Interview

Easy I was hire on the spot. I think they needed a banker because of high turnover right away.

Negotiation

I asked for more they say I can get it from commissions.

Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp (Boston, MA).

Interview

6 round of interviews. Situation based questions.Lots of What-ifs, What would you do, kind of questions. Lots of warnings on how the work experience will be chaotic and how I will be able to manage the same. Questions on how I managed chaos in previous organizations

Negotiation

no negotiations

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Sovereign Bancorp in June 2013.

Interview

Found Sovereign to be much more proactive in the recruiting process than BoA or Citizens

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Still going through it