Sovran Self Storage Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Sovran Self Storage Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Sovran Self Storage

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Sovran Self Storage in July 2016.

Interview

First interview phone with HR. Then met with current Area Manager at lunch. Was then invited to Buffalo home office and met with several people including HR, VP of Ops and several RVP's.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of the ordinary. Very good conversation and made you feel at ease.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They were upfront through the entire process as was I so no negotiation needed.

Assistant Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Sovran Self Storage.

Interview

it was casual, easy interview first with store manager, they have a 3 page interviewers worksheet of questions to be asked, then with the area manager, I got the job , then a promotion 3 months later

Property Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Sovran Self Storage.

Interview

HR takes online resumes and schedules interviews. Most interview questions are very predictable and the entire process is cold and flat. Several times I had to repeat my answer for another question, not trick questions, it just felt like the interviewer was not listening or interested in what I was saying. I honestly felt as though the job had already been given to someone else and the interview was pointless.

Interview Questions

• Talk about and explain your experience with an REIT.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The salary was firm and the process very straight forward.

Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Sovran Self Storage.

Interview

Phone call with area manager in addition to interview in the office with store manager

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There is not a negotiation.

CCR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Williamsville, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Sovran Self Storage (Williamsville, NY) in August 2012.

Interview

Asked about call center experience, met with call center mgr. toured facility, asked if I had a problem with dishonesty- should have been a red flag. Sat with current Rep. heard back in about 2 weeks. It was a tell me about yourself type informal meeting and tour.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any problem lying to people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

n/a