Space Systems/Loral Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Space Systems/Loral Engineering Interview Questions

Updated Feb 3, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, plus HR manager. Pleasant conversations with interviewers.
Led to one on one interview with technical managers.
A few technical questions, since this is a very specific industry. Unless you have satellite background, then technical satellite questions will not apply.
Whole day on site interview process. Went on facility tour, showing various manufacturing stages.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Space Systems/Loral

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

First was a phone screen then an on-site one on one with the team and the manager I would work for. A member of the team then gave me a tour and brief explanation of the satellite manufacturing areas afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SSL when there are other newer coolor Silicon Valley companies?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Long day of interviewing. First with HR, then the hiring manager, then the rest of the engineering staff in two separate groups. It equated to four separate interviews back to back, but overall it was fairly relaxed. There were lots of interns being hired for the summer and the interview process definitely varied by engineering group.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions from HR, really just filler questions while the hiring manager walks to meet you at the front desk. General resume/background questions from the engineering staff and one technical question specific to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

Phone interview with the recruiter took about half an hour where many questions were asked that was probably meant to weed out people that were not really interested in applying. Then they flew me out for a job interview.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

I landed the interview from a career fair at my university. The next step was a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. The phone interview was very frustrating, because it was hard to hear over the phone for some reason, and I have never had that problem before. It probably would have been much better if I had an in person interview, the location was close enough to have one. It probably would have at least been a pleasant experience if the phone interview wasn't so bad.

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in February 2012.

Interview

A very pleasant experience. I applied online and received a call from the HR department which was a screening interview. She was pleasant and asked basic questions about my past experience, biggest accomplishments and failures. She set up a second phone interview on the spot with the hiring engineering manager. I received a call from the hiring manager who was very personable. He gave some background information about the position, company and himself and I proceeded with describing my past accomplishments. All seemed to go well although I did not have the PCB experience that they were looking for. In addition, they were looking for someone to work on a second shift (not in job description) which I expressed would not be ideal for my family situation. I got a great vibe from the people there and from my interviews it seems like a great career opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Describe the PCB circuit board process and a means of controlling that process.   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in December 2009.

Interview

first round was basic 1:1 interview on college campus that eventually followed with an on-interview in Palo Alto, CA. The first round went very well and was not very technical mostly just getting to know me. They asked questions about my resume and experiences and how I thought I would fit in. Im still waiting to get to my onsite interview tomorrow and ill fill in the results to that

Interview Questions

• given the current state of the economy, where do you think SSL gets its contracts and money from?   Answer Question