Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

80 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewed in person. Very friendly. Had an opportunity to talk with the entire team across a broad spectrum of experience level. The job description was explained very well and thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• What was your work experience   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Few phone screens with HR, then on-site. on-site consisted of 4-5 one-on-one interviews with various engineers and managers.

The interviews were pretty easy, just answering some questions about your resume and basic technical questions on rocket propulsion related stuff.

Interview Questions

• talk about projects in your resume, few very basic technical questions   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Interview

They were really friendly and it was more of a discussion than an interrogation. It was an enjoyable experience. It was an on campus college interview and I did not pursue any further.

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2017.

Interview

SSL representatives came to my school early in the fall of 2016 to hold an info session. They were promoting college recruiting for the following summer for interns and new hires. Also went to an onsite career fair. I applied online and was asked to come in for an all day interview. I met with several hiring managers who asked me about myself. Nothing too technical, mostly just my experience. Then I had lunch with the hiring manager to ask if I had any other concerns/questions. It has been two months since then and I still haven't heard anything back. The entire time (before I even interviewed) their staff has been painfully slow at responding, if at all.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in February 2017.

Interview

I went to the SSL career fair at the SSL campus in early January. I was contacted at the beginning of February for an interview. There were two separate phone interviews with different hiring managers. They went into some depth on my resume and asked questions based on that. After the second interview I heard back quickly with an offer for the internship.

Mechanical Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied through the company's job center. I was offered interviews on two separate days with different groups. Each day had me interview with several people one on one where I answered both technical and more personality/background type questions. I was also able to ask questions of my interviewers and took a tour of the manufacturing areas.

Interview Questions

• I was asked on my background working including what type of programs I had used for design work.   Answer Question

Associate Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Met a hiring manager through a university event and then followed up by attending on site career fair. After career fair received an in person request via HR where I interviewed with about 5 managers. Included a tour of the high bay and a lunch interview. Questions were both technical and behavioral however all technical questions were centered around the work listed on my resume.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult part of [project I had worked on]   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in December 2016.

Interview

I met my interviewer at a career fair on my college campus, and I had my interview the next day. The interview was very relaxed and I felt completely comfortable. Instead of asking me questions, the interview was formatted more like a discussion. I actually ended up learning a lot throughout the interview.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and followed up through a career fair. Started with a call from the hiring manager of the group. Asked a bunch of questions on resume and why I want to work at SSL. I explained all the experiences on the resume with technical terms and concepts to show my understanding.

Later set an onsite interview, where they paid for flight and car rental. 4 hours interview including lunch with the hiring manager and his group. Another 2 hours with neighboring groups. One more 30 minutes presentation on a technical topic. Interviewed with total of 8 people.

Followed up afterwards and got the offer. Great people, great culture, but I also had other offers. The pay is not that great for Silicon Valley.

Interview Questions

Had a lot better job offer from other Aerospace company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I had applied online, then a few weeks later, had an interview on the phone before going in to interview with their recruiter and the manager I would be working under

Interview Questions

• What makes you the perfect fit for this job?   1 Answer