Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Applied online in late July and received an email to schedule a phone interview in early October. Manager explained he would limit to 30 minutes, no time for my own questions, or if I was getting a second interview. He asked how my experience relates to the position followed by every technical question posted here on the same position with some other structural questions. I got a phone call within a week saying "I was not a good fit" and will not be moving forward.

Experience was very similar to what others have said about this position. I felt like the time limit does not let you evaluate the company fully. I do not believe there was enough time for me to sell myself, or he about the company. The back-to-back technical questions made me feel like work was the only focus and not me fitting in with the group personally. This is a fair view point that may be fine with some and not with others.

Interview Questions

• How does your experience prepare you for this position?
      What are some boundary conditions used in structural analysis?   Answer Question

Structural Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in August 2016.

Interview

Phone Interview.
    Very to the point. Said they will limit it to 30 min, no time for my questions after, will ask me a few questions and occasionally butt in for me to elaborate, will not tell me whether I got a second interview after, will tell me after a week. Got pretty fast paced towards the end.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about so and so project and your involvement.
      What are you solving for in a static solution?
      What's Hooke's Law?
      How do you determine the stiffness of a structure?
      How would you increase the stiffness of an element?
      What is the bending stress equation?
      What's the moment of inertia of a beam with rectangular cross section?   Answer Question

Thermal Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

My resume ended up in front of my manager because of an employee referral, so the process was faster for me than others -- from when I first sent my resume in and applied online to when I was hired took about 2 months. I only had one on-site interview that lasted a full day.

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Interviewed with 3 people, plus HR manager. Pleasant conversations with interviewers.
    Led to one on one interview with technical managers.
    A few technical questions, since this is a very specific industry. Unless you have satellite background, then technical satellite questions will not apply.
    Whole day on site interview process. Went on facility tour, showing various manufacturing stages.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Came in for a five hour interview with four different managers. Was taken on a tour of the facility. Taken out to lunch. Most questions were about character rather than technical questions

Structural Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in May 2016.

Interview

The interview consisted of first contact by email to confirm a scheduled phone interview. The phone interview consisted of basic behavioral questions followed by specific technical questions. If the interview went well, a second in person interview on site would be scheduled.

Interview Questions

• What tools did you use for communication in a team project and given an example.   Answer Question

Structural Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in May 2016.

Interview

I was first emailed about the position I applied for which was not long after I informed my point-of-contact from my school's career fair. The first stage was a phone interview that lasted about an hour. The questions involved included both soft-skills and technical skills. I did not make it past the phone interview unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to make a decision.

A wide range of structures questions with varying difficulty, for example:
      Hooke's Law?
      What are the failure modes of a composite sandwich?
      How do you judge a structure's stiffness?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then received a call from HR after a couple weeks. I scheduled phone interview with team manager for the next week. One phone interview, followed by multiple email correspondences (the position I was going for required me to send things via email). Didn't get the offer, got referred to a different position by the team manager who interviewed me. Was going to set up an interview with the other team but then the original team said their other candidate dropped it so then got the offer via email after a month or so.

I T Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in May 2016.

Interview

Very standard interview. One phone interview, one WebEx interview followed by two more phone interviews. Spoke with a hiring manager as well as four other employees in the Information Technology sector. Overall a very positive experience.

Interview Questions

• Why are you passionate about information technology?   1 Answer

Software Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone calls with managers and one onsite interview. I was interviewing when I was still in school so most of the questions were behavioral and about my school projects.

Interview went well, the people working for the company are also good.