Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Space Systems/Loral Interview Questions

Updated Feb 5, 2017

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online, then received a call from HR after a couple weeks. I scheduled phone interview with team manager for the next week. One phone interview, followed by multiple email correspondences (the position I was going for required me to send things via email). Didn't get the offer, got referred to a different position by the team manager who interviewed me. Was going to set up an interview with the other team but then the original team said their other candidate dropped it so then got the offer via email after a month or so.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in April 2016.

Interview

Had two separate phone interviews, and then was flown out to have a bunch of on-site interviews. They were very honest about the company, both the good and bad, and outlined how they were moving forward. Got to see some satellites in production. A few interviews included some technical questions designed to test both coding and critical thinking skills.

Associate Power Electronics Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral in April 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 on-site interview. I was interviewed on-site for 3 hours by different members of the team I would be working with. They asked things about my resume as well as questions on schematics that they were working on.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the interviewer that lasted about 30 minutes. The questions that he asked were mainly standard personality questions and questions that revolve around teamwork. He was very friendly throughout the entire interview process. I thought I did fairly well on the interview, but did not get an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Rounds of interviews with other analysts and managers.
    They will bring in people from different departments that will then come back together and discuss the pros and cons of each applicant. Normally you will sit through about 4-6 interviewers at about 30 minutes each.
    They will ask you about your school, what your experience is with excel and different products that they use within the organization.

Interview Questions

• I'd prefer in the interests of my former coworkers to not divulge their questions. Just know that they are base lining you against former employees and their answers   Answer Question

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

First was a phone screen then an on-site one on one with the team and the manager I would work for. A member of the team then gave me a tour and brief explanation of the satellite manufacturing areas afterwards.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for SSL when there are other newer coolor Silicon Valley companies?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Interview was not too intense. I met with HR first. Afterwards, I met with the hiring Manager and two of his employees. Was given a tour of the facility and had lunch in the cafeteria. Question asked related to my job experience and was given a good idea of what work I would be doing and what was expected from me.

Interview Questions

• Asked me if I knew about the company. Although they have almost 3000 employees, they are pretty stealth in the valley.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Upon arrival I met with my interviewer and he gave me a tour of the facility. I was interviewed by three different people; the Head of the division, a senior mechanical engineer, and a production engineer. Each interview was one on one and each focused on a different aspect of the company.

Interview Questions

• How has your previous job experience prepared you for this position?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

HR recruiter did phone interview
    Came in for interview with multiple people in different departments. Half day event.
    Then had some email communication with the hiring manager, following up status of position.

Interview Questions

• How do handle difficult situations   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Long day of interviewing. First with HR, then the hiring manager, then the rest of the engineering staff in two separate groups. It equated to four separate interviews back to back, but overall it was fairly relaxed. There were lots of interns being hired for the summer and the interview process definitely varied by engineering group.

Interview Questions

• Basic behavioral questions from HR, really just filler questions while the hiring manager walks to meet you at the front desk. General resume/background questions from the engineering staff and one technical question specific to the position I was applying for.   Answer Question