Space Systems/Loral Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Space Systems/Loral Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

2.5

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2010.

Interview

A friend of mine submitted my resume internally and I received a phone call from the hiring manager to schedule a phone interview at a later date. On the day of the phone interview, the hiring manager asked me questions regarding my background, my experience with lean, and things related with Manufacturing Engineering. I was told that I would be brought in for a 1:1.
At the 1:1, it lasted approximately 1 hour. As we were walking out, the hiring manager indicated his interest in me and asked when I could start. The process was simple and sweet, primarily because my background had been very related and within the same industry.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to be a Manufacturing Engineer at SS/L?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was told that my salary was "blah" on the phone. The recruiter asked what I thought about it. I was driving at the time when I picked up my phone. I didn't really negotiate since I needed a job at that time and had been looking for a couple of months. So not a lot of bargaining power right there...

Other Interview Reviews for Space Systems/Loral

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Space Systems/Loral.

Interview

Hiring manager was nice and straight forward. A tour of the work place was provided. It took about an hour for the process and some technical questions were asked. Answers were being evaluated and were known for their correctness immediately.

It took about a month before the job offer was issued. A bit longer than expected.

Interview Questions

• Was shown a picture of a component and needed to specify the defect immediately.   Answer Question