SpaceX Avionics Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Avionics Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

Avionics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in December 2015.

Interview

Process consisted of two ~30 minute technical phone interviews. The second was scheduled about a week after the first. The first interview was more behavioral and more of them explaining to me about the things I'll be working on. The followup interview was much more technical. Most of the questions were about things I had put on my resume, but I was also given a few brain teaser-like questions. The entire interview process was scheduled through the HR. I was able to email her at any time with questions/concerns and got immediate responses.

Interview Questions

• Q: Name a time you worked on a team and things didn't go well...What did you do?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

The interview for an intern is a short phone interview less than one hour. I was called by a member of the group i was interviewing for. We mostly talked about projects i had previously worked on, and a few technical questions related to the engineering i would be doing. A pretty informal interview. We covered a lot in a short period of time however.

Interview Questions

• Covered basic questions about FEA, GD&T , and the general engineering design process.   Answer Question

Avionics Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

The first part was a one hour technical phone interview. This was a typical technical interview, where they asked me various javascript facts, and then asked me to do a couple short coding challenges.
    About one week later they told me I made it to the second (and final) round interview, which was a programming challenge which I had 24 hours to complete, while having email communication with my interviewer.

Interview Questions

• Is javascript in a web browser multithreaded?   1 Answer

Avionics Interview

Interview

Applied online and then a friend of mine in the company helped get my application into a hiring groups hands. I had two phone interviews and the whole process took around 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you would design an electronics system to account for the vibrations of rocket takeoff   1 Answer

Avionics Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in September 2014.

Interview

They picked up my resume from the online system. They gave me a call and a phone interview. I had an offer for an internship a week later. There was no on site interview and also no real follow up interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked technical background questions and a couple problem solving riddles. Nothing too hard.   Answer Question