SpaceX Build Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Build Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

4.0

Build Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Recruited over LinkedIn. Required to give a personal presentaition

Negotiation

Back and forth

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Build Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

took me 3 month to get the phone call

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in August 2014.

Interview

The most intense engineering interview in my experience. Onsite, very supportive in terms of travel to interview, housing, and transportation. Onsite interview is all day, starting with a presentation by you about an engineering project you are proud of. This is followed by 8 interviews with different staff in your potential team and finally the VP of the subsystem or stage you are applying for (IE structures, Dragon, etc)

Interview Questions

• How many points are there on the earth where you could travel one mile south, one mile east, then one mile north and end up in the same spot you started?   2 Answers

Build Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SpaceX in August 2019.

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview. The first interview was with a recruiter who basically just ran through your resume. A few days later I had a second interview with an engineering lead, which was more difficult. They mainly asked about manufacturing experience and how I would go about deciding how to manufacture designs. They also asked me several engineering problem solving questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about designing a detachable connection between two round steel structures?   Answer Question