SpaceX Build Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Jun 18, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 8 of over 859 interviews

3.8
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SpaceX

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Recruiter was knowledgeable and prompt, however hiring manager asked college level, unrelated-to-position, and condescending questions. Experienced engineers need to be approached more respectfully instead of having to answer physics questions on the phone.

Interview Questions
  • Are you ready to work long hours?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Brownsville, TX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX (Brownsville, TX) in Jan 2021

Interview

Long and extremely intense. Think of every engineering class you have taken. Heat transfer, Mech of Matl, statics, dynamics... everything.... they will ask and you will have to answer with engineering fundamental equations to back it up

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX in Jan 2021

Interview

Screening calls with recruiter and hiring manager before three technical interviews with various lead/senior engineers. Then a technical presentation and an on-site interview. Wait time between interviews was anywhere between a couple days to a week and a half. Interviews were pretty interesting and the whole process was actually kind of fun (until I got rejected, rip).

Interview Questions
  • You're sitting in a canoe inside an above-ground pool holding a bowling ball. You drop the bowling ball. What happens to the water level of the pool? Lots of questions on previous projects. Some questions on basic engineering (i.e., cantilever beam, hoop stress, effects of thermal loads, etc.).

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brownsville, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Brownsville, TX) in Sep 2020

Interview

Got a phone interview from engineer, went through my resume and asked me a brain teaser question at the end. The interview was not hard, the recruiter was very nice.

Interview Questions
  • If you wake a hotdog put it in the microwave and heat it up, it will fail. How will it fail?

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SpaceX in Aug 2019

Interview

I applied online and was offered an interview. The first interview was with a recruiter who basically just ran through your resume. A few days later I had a second interview with an engineering lead, which was more difficult. They mainly asked about manufacturing experience and how I would go about deciding how to manufacture designs. They also asked me several engineering problem solving questions.

Interview Questions
  • How would you go about designing a detachable connection between two round steel structures?
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in Aug 2014

Interview

The most intense engineering interview in my experience. Onsite, very supportive in terms of travel to interview, housing, and transportation. Onsite interview is all day, starting with a presentation by you about an engineering project you are proud of. This is followed by 8 interviews with different staff in your potential team and finally the VP of the subsystem or stage you are applying for (IE structures, Dragon, etc)

Interview Questions
  • How many points are there on the earth where you could travel one mile south, one mile east, then one mile north and end up in the same spot you started?

SpaceX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Recruited over LinkedIn. Required to give a personal presentaition

5 people found this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

took me 3 month to get the phone call

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful
RSS Feed</>Embed