SpaceX Interview Questions in Cape Canaveral, FL | Glassdoor

Interviews at SpaceX

3.5

Service Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

The interview process was very lengthy. When I applied, I didn't hear back from anyone until approximately a month later, which is fine because I was already employed. I had a phone interview with the team for the position I applied for. There were a few BASIC interview questions. After that, I was told that I would move further into the interview process which netted me a second phone interview with the hiring manager. This was a basic interview as well, what are you looking for, what do you hope to achieve, etc....

After the second phone interview I found out they wanted to bring me in person to interview with both the hiring manager and the team, which would take place a month later due to rocket launches and tests. All in all, they really do push your knowledge to the test.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about working 50+ hours a week and being open to last minute schedule changes?   Answer Question

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in December 2014.

Interview

Two phone screens; one with a Technical Recruiter and another with the Site Director. The in person interview started with a 15 minute PowerPoint presentation to highlight accomplishments on prior projects. Followed by 45 minute interview with entire management staff and site director. 30 minute tour of launch pad and facility.

Interview Questions

• How do you get along with other managers? Asked several technical questions from the 15 minute presentation. What do I like to do outside of work? Why am I interested in SpaceX? What do I know about SpaceX?   Answer Question

Quality Inspector Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Apply, Apply, Apply. Do NOT give up! Phone interviews with varying levels of management from lead up to VP level. Then if you make it, you'll be invited for a visit to the site. If its deemed you're a good fit, the next hurtle is acceptance.

Interview Questions

• Know your SpaceX history! Be prepared to be very explanatory of your work experience and what you will bring to the company., what kind of improvements you have made in previous employment, how much you've saved your previous employers in cost savings. Be courteous, personable, and be professional, that goes and long way.   Answer Question

Launch Tech Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in January 2015.

Interview

I was screened by phone prior to an in person interview. Meet with program manager to discuss experience and past accomplishments. Security clearance was performed prior to being offered a job.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment have you made at past jobs that made you stand out?   Answer Question

Launch Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

single interviewer. very relaxed. aviation focus. jut had a conversation about aviation backgrounds and what is important as it pertains to safety and working from technical documents and work instructions

Launch Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in August 2008.

Interview

Spoke to HR, set up a phone interview. Standard HR type questions. Scheduled second interview with prospective boss. Interview with boss very long. A lot of questions never related to what I actually ended up doing.

Interview Questions

• If we were to talk to a former emplyer what would they say is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None. they offered, I countered and they said take it or leave it.

Launch Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

3 interviews, first one on the phone with HR, the second one was a technical phone interview with actual launch engineers. The last interview I was brought on site and was interviewed by 4 different engineers who asked a myriad of technical questions. I was given a tour of the facility while simultaneously being quizzed on whatever we happened to be seeing on the tour. Finally, I was given a comprehensive exam on general engineering topics. Overall very thorough interviewing process,.

Interview Questions

• What is Reynolds number?   3 Answers
    • What would happen structurally to the rocket body tube if it went from being upright to laying down horizontally?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

2 Stage interview, took 4-6 months to get first call. First talked to a team similar to me, then to my would be manager. Stayed in contact with HR via email the entire time. Note I entered a city location of the interview, but it was all in fact done on the phone.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was why them?   1 Answer