Find jobs for Engineer

SpaceX Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 1, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 837 interviews

3.4
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SpaceX

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

It was used phone interview by a recruiter. We scheduled a day and time at first, then the recruiter called me. The recruiter asked many regular questions and special questions for that postion.

Interview Questions
  • Why are you applying for this job?
    1 Answer

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

initial call for screening with HR, then call for technical questions with someone on team, then another interview to talk about resume and experience, then panel interview with multiple people

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

First interview went well, second one I spun out because I made myself anxious about it, but the interviewers were pretty nice and understanding, even if it was embarrassing to stumble so badly in the second one.

Interview Questions
  • How would you manufacture a metal sphere 1 meter in diameter?
1 person found this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Many phone calls with many people. Engineering questions asked. I interviewed like 7 times with many people asking various questions about my past job, or technical questions that were either easy or difficult to answer. Sometimes they were technical questions using my past experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in Aug 2020

Interview

The first interview was a very brief (~4 minute) call with a technical recruiter who bumped me up to a round two interview with the manager of the position I was being considered for. When the second interview came around the interviewer acted annoyed to even be conducting the interview. He seemed distracted and would ask me about a detail on my resume and then reiterate the exact same question after I had answered it. Most of the interview was spent like this.

Interview Questions
  • Generally just asked me to explain details about my past work experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in May 2020

Interview

I applied online in April and I received an email in May to have a first phone screening, then I had another phone interview to talk about the technical part of my skills and my previous experiences

Interview Questions
  • How would you measure the Momentum and Shear Stress separately?
10 people found this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

Initial phone screen was a thorough and detailed interrogation about resume and past experience. Be prepared to talk about your education, technical experience, etc. Also, be prepared to discuss your interests. Overall, it was professional and engaging.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at SpaceX in Feb 2020

Interview

First there are 3 phone screens. The first is with the recruiter, just basic questions about the resume and whatnot. The next one is with the hiring manager, and the last one is with someone else on the team. The last 2 interviews are highly technical, and there isn't a good way to prepare for it. If you pass that, they invite you on-site. There, you give a technical presentation, then if you move on, you get panel interviews. They had told me that I got an on-site interview, sent me my schedule, then rescinded my invitation. That put a sour taste in my mouth about the company.

Interview Questions
  • Pressure vessel questions i.e. how to know if a part with a crack is safe enough for use

SpaceX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX

Interview

I put in an application online expecting nothing. 1 day later, I got a call back from a recruiter to schedule an interview. The interview was a phone interview with a senior engineer. It delved deeply into the technical details of my previous internship and project experience. Make sure you can explain everything on your resume, and talk in great detail about your projects and why you did what you did. Overall, I thought the phone interview went poorly because I was struggling to recall some fine details of my work. Apparently, the call went well because 3 days later I found out I was selected to move onto the next round. I STRONGLY recommend you send a powerpoint presentation overviewing your projects to your interviewer. I did this and I think it made a huge difference. Having visuals helps the interviewer understand what you're trying to explain. For the next round, they sent me a take-home project. I spent many hours on it and wrote up a paper. The assignment was very ambiguous and it could have been approached in at least two ways with different results. I asked them about this and they never responded; after I submitted my work, they said I failed to address some key components of the solution. Had they answered my initial questions, i probably would have been able to have done that. Oh well. Anyway, the recruiters were very nice and timely. SpaceX seems to move fast for the hiring process, which is good.

Interview Questions
  • Literally just know everything there is to know about your previous internship and project experience. Also try to mention relevant coursework. And for my interview, there were no brain teasers or school-type questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at SpaceX (Los Angeles, CA) in Dec 2017

Interview

Long but super interesting. You meet a lot of great people. If you pass the first few rounds of questions they will fly you to SpaceX. Some days Elon Musk is in the company so you might get lucky and see him! Not easy questions.

Interview Questions
  • Very specific questions about your resume. Basic engineering questions (fluids, static, heat transfer)
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews