SpaceX Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

4.0

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Called for a phone interview. Was really nervous and hoping for the best but did not go to well. The interviewer was driving during the call and the signal between our phones was really bad. It was really hard for either of us to understand what each other were saying. With some misunderstandings as well it was not a very good experience.

Interview Questions

• Standard questions about how I overcame a challenge and some review of my resume.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in October 2012.

Interview

Talked to representatives during University career fair, got a phone interview 4 weeks later with a manager. Interview was simple, talk about your resume and experience, plus some technical questions. Got a 2nd phone interview with another engineer in the same department. Interview for ~ 1 hr, very technical interview, talked mostly about what was on my resume and went on detail about it. Be ready to know in-depth knowledge of what's on your resume and link it to how it will be useful at SpaceX. On other words, know what you are talking about, no hand-waving.

Interview Questions

• topics were: rad hard materials, materials testing and characterization equipment, how to do failure analysis on materials and circuit elements, explain the physics of elemental analysis.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiation, it is an internship position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Online application submission, including a required CV and letters of recommendation. If chosen to proceed, you are required to then write and submit a 2 page technical paper on one of your significant research projects/previous industry projects/etc. If chosen to proceed after this, a phone interview is conducted and offers are given after that.

Interview Questions

• Proving your technical ability through multiple levels of the application process (initial application, technical paper, phone interview)   Answer Question

Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX in September 2011.

Interview

Had an initial screening by HR, then phone interview with engineer, then phone interview with the site director. Was pretty straight forward, asked about my projects and things on my resume'. Not much technical content in the interview. Asked about different hands on experience.