SpaceX Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Intern Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

3.3

Intern Interview

Interview

The interview was definitely intense, but doable. They mainly asked about most of the projects that I had put on my resume. Then they asked a few technical questions about engineering fundamentals.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Came on campus, I talked to a recruiter and a few months later did 2 phone interviews. A few weeks later got a call back saying I got the job. Overall a good experience

Intern Interview

Interview

apply online. talked to recruiter. scheduled phone convo. talked to engineering manager. got hired. is this enough for the silly algorithm yet, or do i need to type more? Apparently I needed just a little bit more.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cincinnati, OH) in May 2018.

Interview

I went through 3 phone interviews over a process of 3 weeks. Each interview was very technical. After the last interview, they took three weeks to give a final update on whether or not I had a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How would you try to solve a problem in an area you had never worked with?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SpaceX (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very kind interview. They were prompt in reviewing the resume and had an HR rep reach out within a few days. The interview was a mix of formal and informal conversation about my interests and we even talked about Star Trek.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

For the Structures team, I completed a roughly thirty-minute phone screen with a series of questions about my background and experience, as well as some mechanical engineering / logic puzzles.

Interview Questions

• How did you approach this project listed on your resume?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

Was contacted by HR after applying online. Then I had a very brief 25 minute phone interview with someone on my team. Almost entirely behavioral, not technical at all. I received my offer a few weeks later.

Interview Questions

• Do you know SpaceX's stated mission?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

I was reached out to by HR to apply for SpaceX after giving my resume to a recruiter at a career fair.

Two phone interviews were scheduled.

Both technical.

They asked very strange questions but were honest when asked about working for the company.

The interviews were about a week or two apart from each other.

Interview Questions

• If you had to go up a really tall building and then from the top of the building get over to the rooftop of another equally tall building and back down that new building (and you have to carry all of your equipment with you) what would you bring and what would the setup look like?   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SpaceX in May 2017.

Interview

Fairly simple, just do what you are instructed to do. They will definitely try to figure out how you operate, and what type of worker you are. They are also looking for a specific type of person for a specific type of job, so if you feel you are right for the job, market yourself in a way that demonstrates you ability to do well in the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• Are you ready to challenge yourself?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Chicago, IL) in April 2017.

Interview

Applied through the Space X website for chemistry and engineering positions for college undergraduates. Didn't hear back for a few weeks. Was later contacted about an interview online because i was unable to travel for an interview.