SpaceX Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

SpaceX Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

2.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very smooth. They asked me questions regarding major projects I have done. Mainly asked me questions to see if I can efficiently answer said questions effectively. Then went into some simple beam problems.

Interview Questions

• What was your contribution in (insert project name here)? What did you 'own'?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Two interviews with current engineers, both asked technical and non-technical questions. Technical questions were about basic structural engineering mostly. Non-technical were standard behavioral questions. Answered technical questions correctly, but denied position due to "lack of experience". This was for their space suit team.

Interview Questions

• Which point of a cantilever is weakest?   3 Answers
    • Tell me how would design the fluid pipes on a crew module.   2 Answers

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Pretty straight forward, I received a screening call from HR first and then later followed up with a senior manager who went through a generic resume screening process with me. I'm not sure why my process was so straightforward and simple, but this was also for a Fall Internship opportunity.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

15 minute Phone Screen from HR and then a 30 minute interview from the manager of the department that was hiring. Interview questions were straightforward and revolved around resume and past experience.

Internship Interview

Interview

Can't disclose much, but it was relatively fast (whole process from first interview to offer was less than a month). Two Interviews that were both on the phone. Scheduling was smooth and flexible.

Interview Questions

• Generally technical questions that pick your brain on the spot.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at SpaceX in August 2011.

Interview

The higher ups in McGregor seemed really interested in the interview process and were a great deal of help. The actual departmental managers seemed like you were just another intern and half listening usually 30 minutes late - not to good over the phone either, which pretty much summed up the rest of the internship experience. The interview process consisted of 3 phone screens not technical at all, I think mostly a cultural screen which is pretty important for the McGregor site lol.

Interview Questions

• Vague, uninspired typical interview questions -what kind of project experience do you have, do you know what SpaceX does, extracurricular activities, hands on experience, etc.   Answer Question