SpaceX Intern - Hourly Interview Questions | Glassdoor

SpaceX Intern - Hourly Interview Questions

Interviews at SpaceX

3.1

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Applied online, got an email from a recruiter, scheduled a recruiter phone screen, did an hour long technical phone screen with a hiring manager. A week after I got a call back and was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about SpaceX? Why SpaceX? What do you know about Elon Musk?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for SpaceX

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpaceX in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a referral. I had a half hour phone interview with the manager that I ended up working with. I talked through my background and experience. The recruiter called me a week later with the offer.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in December 2017.

Interview

Was contacted about having a 30-minute technical interview over the phone on the following week. Discussed previous experience and was asked a couple of technical questions. Was contacted around 2 weeks later that I got a second 30-minute phone interview, and was set up for the following week. This was mostly technical questions. Then received offer a couple weeks later.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between engineering and true stress?   Answer Question
    • What is the equation of hoop stress in a cylinder? in a sphere?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

Two interviews, one with HR and one with the potential group you will join
    If it doesn't work with that group they may recommend you to another group
    Speak with HR-check if you fit the culture
    Speak with potential group -technical

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Submitted resume and then got a phone interview a few weeks later. The phone interview was with an engineer in the group interested in hiring me. Then someone from HR got in contact with me within the next week about the position

Interview Questions

• Walk me through a time you had to think outside the box for one of your experiences listed on your resume.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Got a call out out of the blue saying I was being considered for an internship. And then went through two phone interviews with the group that was considering me.

Both interviews were technical in nature. Mostly asked about me to expand on my previous experience and projects. There was a lot of emphasis on how I approached the design process (Figuring out design requirements, architecture selection, part selection, and testing/verification etc.)

There was 1-2 weeks of lag time between the interviews and learning that I was proceeding to the next stage.

After there was a 2-3 week lag before I heard back with my final decision. I had to email my recruiter to ask them to follow up (I had heard from my 2nd interviewer I should expect ~1 week turnaround time.)

Interview Questions

• A lot of emphasis on my previous projects and the actual engineering process I took. Got asked about the following projects:
      - Analog sense box PCB: what where the accuracy and bandwidth requirements (and how were they derived)? What general architecture did I use and why? What drove the component selection? If I could redo the project what would I have redone?

- Backup power monitor: What was the motivation for the circuit? What were weird requirements about it? Why did I use an Ideal Diode IC as opposed to just using a Power Diode.

-Safety Critical Robot: What was the control architecture? What comms protocol was used? What fault tolerance measures were in place and why?

The main thing they try to gauge is A) How much technical experience do you have and B) (most importantly) How do you reason through an engineering challenge.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at SpaceX.

Interview

Online application, phone interview. Be prepared to answer a variety of STAR story questions as well as review any technical skills you bring to the table. If you're applying for an Engineering spot you will go through a separate Technical Interview with one of the Recruiters, and then again with a full-time employee from that engineering team.

Interview Questions

• -Tell me what you know about SpaceX
      -What makes you interested in the company?
      -How well do you handle stress, long hours, and juggling multiple tasks?
      -What makes you unique, a rock-star?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX in November 2015.

Interview

I had a quick 30 minute call with an engineer to discuss my background and experience. I applied for a technical position, but had no technical interview questions. There were some behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

2 Stage interview, took 4-6 months to get first call. First talked to a team similar to me, then to my would be manager. Stayed in contact with HR via email the entire time. Note I entered a city location of the interview, but it was all in fact done on the phone.

Interview Questions

• One thing they asked was why them?   1 Answer