SpaceX Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 22, 2017

3.5

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at SpaceX (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Got a referral from a friend, applied online, and got set up for a phone screen. The HR lady was really misleading; she didn't forward all my materials to the interviewer and clearly said there WON'T be data structure/algorithm questions though the interviewer did ask technical questions. The overall interview lasted about 20 minutes.

Interview Questions

• - Describe in detail your most involved and difficult project you've done in the past.
      - Difference between objects and classes in C++.
      - You're given two arrays of strings. Determine if all the strings in the first array are present in the second array, and return a boolean. Now assume both arrays have a million elements each. How would your answer change to improve efficiency?
      2 Answers

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

1st Phone Interview
    1) You have to complete a questionnaire and e-mail it back to the Recruiter.
    2) They ask for the basic info, including past salaries, college GPA, etc.
    3) First phone interview is a screening to see if your history matches the job you are applying for
    4) Communication prior to the interview is done by e-mail

Interview Questions

• Why did you major in what you majored in?   1 Answer
    • Are you currently employed? If so, why are you leaving your current employer?   Answer Question
    • Explain some of your day to day job functions/activities?   Answer Question
    • Very basic information to see if the job and your work history is aligned.

They do a very good job and overall it was a good experience to go through. To be honest, I wasn't actively looking for a job, and my background is still a bit "green" for the position that they needed.
      Answer Question

Launch Quality Inspector Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at SpaceX in January 2017.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews first with recruiting individual then one with the lead for the position I applied for then an email saying not what they were looking for

Interview Questions

• What did I know about SpaceX and why I was interested in working with them   Answer Question

Logistics Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I received an email from the recruiter and really appreciated the quick response in terms of scheduling a phone screen.

Overall, it was quite short, as they had an idea of my experience but it wasn't exactly what they were looking for so it only took about 10 minutes. I appreciated the fact that it was so direct.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

It was very smooth. They asked me questions regarding major projects I have done. Mainly asked me questions to see if I can efficiently answer said questions effectively. Then went into some simple beam problems.

Interview Questions

• What was your contribution in (insert project name here)? What did you 'own'?   Answer Question

Computer Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

An online coding challenge
    A phone interview
    Another phone interview
    A 48 hour coding challenge
    They fly you down to Hawthorne, CA to give a presentation on your final challenge/project. You get a chance to explain how and why you did it the way you did.

Interview Questions

• "What is the size of an integer on a 32-bit system?"   1 Answer

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Boston, MA) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone technical Interview. Asked questions about past projects that required detailed explanations of engineering principles used. Asked engineering questions involving concepts learned in past classes. Lasted about 40 minutes.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at SpaceX (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Absolutely terrible and unprofessional. I was frog marched out of the door because my salary request was too high. I had to lose a day of work for no reason.

Launch Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vandenberg AFB, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at SpaceX (Vandenberg AFB, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process included a phone conversation, an on-site half-day interview, and then a couple of additional phone calls with upper management. On site I gave a technical presentation to a group on a topic of my choosing and then answered technical questions in smaller sessions with one or two people. The technical questions were the kind that reveal how you think rather than how much textbook knowledge you remember, which I appreciate.

PCB Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (New York, NY).

Interview

preliminary phone interview consisted completely of technical design questions, with time for questions about the positions at the end. I found all questions asked to be fair and in the scope of the position. questions increased in difficulty, but none that were totally foreign topics.

Interview Questions

• Do high speed signals travel faster in traces placed internal to the PCB or on external layers.   2 Answers