Find jobs for Launch

SpaceX Launch Interview Questions

Updated Apr 26, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 6 of over 794 interviews

3.7
HardAverageEasy

Interviews for Top Jobs at SpaceX

Anonymous Employee in Cape Canaveral, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at SpaceX (Cape Canaveral, FL) in Apr 2017

Interview

3 interviews, first one on the phone with HR, the second one was a technical phone interview with actual launch engineers. The last interview I was brought on site and was interviewed by 4 different engineers who asked a myriad of technical questions. I was given a tour of the facility while simultaneously being quizzed on whatever we happened to be seeing on the tour. Finally, I was given a comprehensive exam on general engineering topics. Overall very thorough interviewing process,.

Interview Questions
  • What is Reynolds number?
    3 Answers
  • What would happen structurally to the rocket body tube if it went from being upright to laying down horizontally?
6 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (United States) in Aug 2016

Interview

I was called up by the HR Intern recruiter first. She asked basic questions regarding my interest in the internship, availability, and went over my application to make sure everything was correct. She then set up my phone interview my the manager of the group where I would be potentially interning for. The manager then called me at the designated time for the official phone interview. He started off by explaining what his role was at the site. He then asked me what my skill sets were and what types of projects I would be interested in doing. Next he described potential projects that he had, that he felt fit what I described. Finally, he went through my resume asking me for details on the projects I had listed there. He wanted to know my thought processes, problems that had to be solved and how they were solved, and a few technical questions regarding the analysis performed. I was contacted by the HR recruiter 1 week after the phone interview with the manager telling me they were going to send me an offer. The following week I received the offer letter and paperwork that needed to be filled out before the relocation process could begin.

Interview Questions
  • How did you approach trade studies when you were asked to perform them?

Anonymous Employee in United States

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at SpaceX (United States) in Jul 2016

Interview

Applied online @ SpaceX.com. Contacted a month or two after by a technical recruiter inquiring about a phone screen. Initial phone call with recruiter was 15-20 min, general questions to expect like "Why SpaceX," and "Describe your past experience." About a week after that I had a phone interview with a manager, which lasted 20-30 min. He dug into technical details of past experiences and asked general theory questions related to the position I applied for. 2 days after that I got an offer. Be prepared by sending them a quality package of work examples (Analysis, models, projects), their primary goal is to determine if you have the ability to produce real results.

Interview Questions
  • Take me through the design process and the challenges you encountered while designing this.

Anonymous Employee in Santa Barbara, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Santa Barbara, CA) in Dec 2015

Interview

Phone interviews. One was a personality interview - the next was a technical interview. The personality interviews included questions about work ethic and such while the technical interview had various engineering problems.

Interview Questions
  • How would you get water from a reservoir to another reservoir 100ft above?

Anonymous Employee in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at SpaceX (Urbana, IL) in Nov 2015

Interview

I had a series of three phone interviews. The first one was with a recruiter at Hawthorne, at the SpaceX headquarters. This was a purely behavioral interview. I was asked about GPA, location preferences, work ethic, past projects, etc. The second interview was with a recruiter from Vandenberg. She asked me more about what I can bring to SpaceX. The last interview was with my current manager. He asked me what I did for the projects I was involved in. It was a purely technical interview. I sent him my portfolio along with my resume, so he could see the work I've done. He wanted to know what I could do for him, and why he should hire me.

Interview Questions
  • What relevant projects I've worked on

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at SpaceX (Hawthorne, CA) in Oct 2015

Interview

I was a returning intern and I asked to be considered for other groups. I got the opportunity to interview with the Ground Segment team within Launch Operations. A 30 minute phone interview was scheduled and the entire Ground Segment team was on the call.

Interview Questions
  • They asked about particulars on my resume.
RSS Feed</>Embed